Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    The Walmarts in my area do a great job of putting out their exclusives...
    [FONT=Courier New]Then consider yourself lucky, 'cause the WM's here in Portland SUCK for exclusives. Unless I am at a Wal-Mart that's 100+ miles from Portland, I NEVER see their exclusives. And because of the price of gas anymore, I can't drive 20 miles across town (one way) to look on a regular basis. [/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]Long story short, I won't be getting Jabba but I won't be losing sleep over it, either.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

How does it look small? Look how tiny Oola looks in the window there. The box is well over 12" tall . . . I don't know what you expect.
    I think it would help if I saw the thickness. but as it looks, it seems kinda small to house a better dias that the kenner one, Jabba, and Oola.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Awesome! Although, that's got to be the most risque piece of box art that they've ever produced for the Star Wars line. I love it!

As for the size, it looks about right if you check out how deep the Star Wars logo goes back on the bottom of the box. Besides, Jabba is not really that big in the film. Going by the promotional photos, Ephant Mon is actually larger than Jabba if you don't take the tail into account. So the vintage figure is actually about the correct size. Or at the very least, close enough that I have absolutely nothing to complain about if it's the same size.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    You are ****ing kidding me. Hasbro, you're squandering the goodwill you bought with Teek.

It's not that I'm not more excited about this than almost any Star Wars--or other--toy in ages, but a WM exclusive? Hopefully they'll show up here. I still haven't seen the new comic packs (probably because we're still swimming in the last wave of WM exclusive comic packs that some people never saw).
    My Walmart is always overloaded with the exclusives every year. So I can help out whoever needs help finding one as well.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

This is awesome. My Walmart got the AT-ST but not the dewback. I don't care-I'll get it somehow.
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.

WM is generally a disaster for exclusives here too, but at least the last ones - AT-ST and Dewback - weren't too hard to find thanks to their higher price tags. This box looks pretty big, I suspect it'll be $40 or more, so hopefully that will mean it gets findable. But my first instinct is this will be another disaster.

Am I the only one bothered by the massively tall dais pictured on the front? It's like twice as tall as the dais should be.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

It's about time! The Jabba was one of the only remaining figures from the original line that hadn't been redone properly (aside from maybe an ewok or two). This is one of those figures that needs a window box though!
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

How does it look small? Look how tiny Oola looks in the window there. The box is well over 12" tall . . . I don't know what you expect.

Chux, they announced it was going to be an exclusive a long time ago, but they didn't specify which store. The Walmarts in my area do a great job of putting out their exclusives, so if you can't find one, then I'll help you out.
    the wal-marts just a few miles south of you are horrible with exclusives. the last WM exclusive i saw locally was at the big ROTS release event.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    WM is generally a disaster for exclusives here too, but at least the last ones - AT-ST and Dewback - weren't too hard to find thanks to their higher price tags. This box looks pretty big, I suspect it'll be $40 or more, so hopefully that will mean it gets findable. But my first instinct is this will be another disaster.

Am I the only one bothered by the massively tall dais pictured on the front? It's like twice as tall as the dais should be.
    If the box art is a representation of the product I would be unhappy. Jabba's tail is hanging off of the dais! And it is too tall. And once again, they went overboard with making Jabba almost seem more green than tan.

My heart just sank about ten feet for two reasons.

1. Walmart Exclusive, like many others are saying, means I'll probably never even SEE it, as we don't get anything at the local walmart (Which for me is 45 miles away so even a routine trip to it is a ways out of my way, so I won't be able to check often).

2. With a box as big as that one looks, I'm not sure I'll be able to afford it. I don't see how the box looks small when you compair it to the size of Oola.