Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 160
  1. #31
    Though this topic turned into the 'holy crap, i hate walmart' kinda vibe, the actual product (from the back of the box) looks fantastic for a kid toy. I shall buy it day one
    Real men buy Willrow

  2. #32
    Looks really great. Finally a modern Jabba the Hutt figure that isn't a total piece of garbage.

  3. #33
    I really hate living in a country that doesn't have a WalMart...

    No chance of seeing it here in Ireland

  4. #34

  5. #35
    I am too. I currently have my vintage Jabba and dais in my ROTJ scene. That was the best Jabba to date. I will probably get this one 'cos it does actually look good. I'm a little concerned with all the "pillows" on the dais, though. Will the one Leia's lower-half is on fit there without it having to be perched on one of the ones included?

    I just hope I don't have any trouble finding this!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartner View Post
    I am too. I currently have my vintage Jabba and dais in my ROTJ scene. That was the best Jabba to date. I will probably get this one 'cos it does actually look good. I'm a little concerned with all the "pillows" on the dais, though. Will the one Leia's lower-half is on fit there without it having to be perched on one of the ones included?

    I just hope I don't have any trouble finding this!!
    I was wondering about the pillow thing myself. The pillows move from scene to scene, so you'd think they would take that into consideration. If you look at the pictures on the back of the box, they do seem to be in slighty different positions from picture to picture - the smallish, dark, striped one is farther over one of the cracks in one picture than it is in another, and I don't think it's just the camera angles. I'm not sure if it would be easier to sculpt the nine pillows (well, eight pillows and one rug) separately or to include them in the mold of the dais, but given the paint, and the fact that they look a bit raised off the throne, I'm leaning towards them being removable. I won't fret if they're not, but having them be removable would move this closer towards perfect.

  7. #37
    Bandwidth exceeded on the pics. I saw 'em yesterday though, they have made the dais about twice as tall as it should be, at least. The statue heads are a good indicator compared to this: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:..._Jabba_Ep6.jpg

    As for the rest, it looks good, but I'm still going to wait to decide until I have it in-hand. I don't think the pillows are removable, and I don't think I care.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Bandwidth exceeded on the pics. I saw 'em yesterday though, they have made the dais about twice as tall as it should be, at least. The statue heads are a good indicator compared to this: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:..._Jabba_Ep6.jpg

    As for the rest, it looks good, but I'm still going to wait to decide until I have it in-hand. I don't think the pillows are removable, and I don't think I care.
    I was thinking the length of the dias was too small, but you're right. I think its the height of the dias that makes the length look too small. Other than that, it's pretty good, although I withhold some judgement till I see it loose.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

  9. #39
    The new Jabba & dias looks great. I'll have to think about whether I'll purchase this or not. I have the Saga Ultra version on a vintage dias. Its not perfect, but it looks good enough that I'm not sure if I want to replace it. We'll see when it shows up in stores.

  10. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrooper View Post
    The new Jabba & dias looks great. I'll have to think about whether I'll purchase this or not. I have the Saga Ultra version on a vintage dias. Its not perfect, but it looks good enough that I'm not sure if I want to replace it. We'll see when it shows up in stores.
    That Saga Ultra Jabba is total garbage. It wasn't even impressive in 2003. Trash it and buy this new one.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO