Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Power Rangers Lives again!

My show returns from the brink of death yet again! Saban has just bought back the franchise from Disney. Following sometime after the completion of Disney's 32 episode "MMPR Reversion" season on ABC Kids (which should be early September 2010), Saban (via Nicktoons) will air a new Power Rangers season consisting of at least 20 episodes.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

That's great!

. . . though I'v never understood the appeal of power rangers. What do people like about it?

if they don't have Amy Jo Johnson then I'm not interested... sorry had a crush on the pink ranger
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    if they don't have Amy Jo Johnson then I'm not interested... sorry had a crush on the pink ranger
    Agreed.

Occasionally when I'm Star Wars hunting I check out other toy isles. The other day I came across new original Power Ranger figures. What gives?
    The best part is, Galactic Heroes versions! Zedd included!
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I saw this article, and expected to find a thread here about it started by you, LM. Even if I don't much care for it, I'm happy for you.

(Now to get Arrested Development back on the air.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I remember when my sister was in high school and running a day care with her boyfriend's cousin, and a few times I'd go with her and take care of the cousin's 2 little little kids, and that's what we'd do, they'd go nuts for Power Rangers.

Those 2 little kids are now about to hit their 20s. I'm old. Power Rangers is old.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroleptic View Post
    That's great!

. . . though I'v never understood the appeal of power rangers. What do people like about it?
    If you are into kids shows what isn't there to like about Power Rangers. Godzilla type action battles every episode. Based on the Kimberly comments, you could say the new scantily dressed ladies every season. Most seasons have at least a few interesting characters and "action-adventure" stories, which (depending on the season and who is in charge of the current story) can range from 80's quality like Generation 1 Transformers, Thundercats, 80's He-Man etc. to more recent shows like Transformers Beast Wars, 00's He-Man and 03's TMNT. While most would consider it primarily aimed at kids (like how Looney Tunes and Flintstones are perceived) it does try to appeal to both kids and adult audiences compared to 90% of the shows aimed at kids today on the E/I bent broadcast television channels (though going to Nick almost certainly means the end of broadcast television airings).

This deal does present me with a minor problem... If there are no broadcast airings I won't be able to watch it given my current situation (no cable).
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    Agreed.

Occasionally when I'm Star Wars hunting I check out other toy isles. The other day I came across new original Power Ranger figures. What gives?
    For 2010 Disney chose not to produce/air a new season of the Power Rangers show. Instead Disney chose to outsource the the first season (well... the first 32 epsisodes of season 1 anyway) of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers to have a new "Reversioned" Mighty Morphin Power Rangers season made (think the Transformers Generation 2 show). To reflect this "Reversion" season Bandai made a new Mighty Morphin line of toys, with a good deal of the toy ideas for the new line being copied from their (and other toy companies) recent successes. This includes "Ben 10" mix & match type figures and Star Wars "Galactic Heroes" type figures.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I remember when my sister was in high school and running a day care with her boyfriend's cousin, and a few times I'd go with her and take care of the cousin's 2 little little kids, and that's what we'd do, they'd go nuts for Power Rangers.

Those 2 little kids are now about to hit their 20s. I'm old. Power Rangers is old.
    Using that logic everything is old. Power Rangers, Transformers, TMNT, He-Man, GI Joe, Star Trek and Star Wars.
    Last edited by Lord Malakite; 05-14-2010 at 01:04 AM.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    Agreed.

i saw the 4" figures the other day as was almost tempted to get a couple Puddies and the Pink Ranger, but passed... was thinking abouot getting the deluxe set with Lord Zedd but didn't want to shell out the $$$
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    i saw the 4" figures the other day as was almost tempted to get a couple Puddies and the Pink Ranger, but passed... was thinking abouot getting the deluxe set with Lord Zedd but didn't want to shell out the $$$
    Which deluxe set with Lord Zedd are you talking about, the "Galactic Heroes" style figure set or the normal 4" figure set?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Malakite View Post
    Which deluxe set with Lord Zedd are you talking about, the "Galactic Heroes" style figure set or the normal 4" figure set?
    the normal 4" inch set..have yet to see the GH style figures of the Power Rangers... the only other figures I have seen are about 2" tall and you can re-arrange the parts of the figures with various Zords to create a sorta ultra Ranger or Ultra Zord.

I broke down last night and picked up a Puddie and the Pink Ranger (going to try and customize the pink ranger a bit. going to see if I can find a head sculpt that looks close to Amy Jo Johnson.). actually thinking about getting the rest of the rangers and maybe getting the Mega Zord (only $23.00 which is not a bad deal for a Voltron sized version that can seperate into all the individual Zords).