Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Would You Buy The TechnoUnion Starfighter From ROTS?

I am continuing my 3 3/4" vehicle thread series.

This will discuss ONLY the vehicle in the title of the thread (in this case The TechnoUnion Starfighter From the Battle of Utapau in ROTS). Pictures are below.

I will cover several unmade vehicles for the action figures per week, choosing them from a rotating schedule through the movies and the Expanded Universe.

I'll order it TPM, AOTC, ROTS, ANH, ESB, ROTJ, EU, and then keep going back through the order in that manner.

So here I'm only asking you if you'd buy The TechnoUnion Starfighter From the Battle of Utapau in ROTS?

This would have be for the $24 star fighter assortment.

The vehicle would hold one Pau'n pilot, or more typically for movie scenes, a battle droid or Magna Guard droid (though the last favored their own specialized star fighters that Hasbro already makes toys of).

The interceptor might fire two missiles from hidden side compartments, much like the upcoming Twin Pod Cloud Car will.

It's small and adds to the Separatist attack fleet.

Do you want this made?

How do you think it would sell if produced?

Do you want to see it featured again in The Clone Wars to create further recognition?

This will be the last vehicle poll from ROTS. PT polls will continue for only a couple more weeks at the most, with the remaining options from TPM and AOTC. The Expanded Universe Polls still have a lot of exciting options.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	180px-Mankvim814_ICS.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	5.8 KB 
ID:	23022   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	250px-Mankvim-814_light_interceptor.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	5.2 KB 
ID:	23023  
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Don't think I've ever been able to spot one on film, but I'd buy it. We're running out of real candidates for the starfighter assortment anyway so why not. It's a great looking ship with a real classic/WWII vibe like Greivous' fighter or the Magna Guard fighters so it really fits that aesthetic.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

I might buy this one. It would have to appear in the Clone Wars though.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Didn't we already buy something very similar about 12 years ago in the form of the concept cloud car?

I'm not interested in one anyway.

mtriv73 beat me to the snide remark about the EU Cloud Car. Pass.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I wouldn't buy one, but it would probably be a good entry for the Starfighter assortment since it has a large body to hide a lot of action features in (so that's an approval).
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

It was funny that while I was posting this poll and researching the vehicles seen during the Battle of Utapau, I just learned that the Magna Droid starfighters were in the ROTS movie.

I'd never been able to identify them they are so small in actual scale to the Republic Gunships they were firing on when Cody brought his men in.

But now I'll have to buy another one of these and check Toys R Us' sale for a good deal (Target is running them at $19.99 again).

I only got one of these thus far. I didn't want to do the Clone Wars scene but use the ship for a stand-in for the IG-2000 so IG-88 would have his own ship in my Battle of the Bounty Hunters / SOTE diorama. It would figure that IG-88 has access to the IG Magna Guards' ships. I'll poll for the IG-2000 in some later EU poll for sure though.

On a side note, the IG-2000 would be the easiest bounty hunter vehicle for Hasbro to market besides Slave-One, as the 2000 is the smallest.

Bossk's Hound's Tooth is the largest, with Dengar's Punishing-One and Zuckuss' and 4-LOM's Myst Hunter being smaller, but not as small as the IG-2000. I will cover the bounty hunter ships in the EU polls definitely. (Please wait and we'll discuss each's merits when we get there.)

Anyway, I only own one Magna Guard Fighter (for IG-88) and thus I may have to buy another. The ship is cool.

I have reason to think that if Hasbro made the Utapau TechnoUnion Fighter we're polling for here, it would be a nice addition to our fleet of fightercraft in our Star Wars collections.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I've never seen it in the film, and it's not the most interesting design ever, but it's pretty cool, so it'd be okay if they made it.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

That's a pretty lazy design, so I'm going to say no and, unless it gets featured heavily in the Clone Wars show, I don't think anyone would buy it.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I think I'd buy one, but probably only as a deluxe vehicle. If it was packed with features, then I might buy it at the starfighter price. The design is nothing spectacular, but there are worse vehicles out there.