Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Would You Buy The Naboo Speeder Taxi From AOTC?

This poll is being done in light of preliminary but probably reliable reports of Padme (and Anakin) Outland Peasant Disguise Figures being announced for the new Vintage Style line (wave 4 2011, I think).

So I am continuing my 3 3/4" vehicle thread series.

This will discuss ONLY the vehicle in the title of the thread (in this case The Naboo Speeder Taxi From AOTC).

I will cover several unmade vehicles for the action figures per week, choosing them from a rotating schedule through the movies and the Expanded Universe.

I'll order it TPM, AOTC, ROTS, ANH, ESB, ROTJ, EU, and then keep going back through the order in that manner.

So here I'm only asking you if you'd buy The Naboo Speeder Taxi From AOTC?

This would have to be a deluxe vehicle. I don't think it's necessary to pack in a figure. The Crab Droid doesn't include one.

I think this would retail for the $15 pricepoint.

The shuttle would have opening doors and seat 2 in the rear, and perhaps have either a driver's seat in the front for another figure (perhaps a Naboo Royal Security Officer) or an astromech droid. Maybe R2-D2 was the pilot and they rented the speeder?

I don't know. We never actually saw the two of them inside it during the movie.

I'm polling every vehicle seen in every film, and a lot of the EU until genres like NJO are voted down and out of the voting line-up.

So do you want The Naboo Speeder Taxi From AOTC made?

How do you think it would sell if produced?

Would you buy it to put the new Outland Peasant Disguise Padme and Anakin figures in it? (with R2-D2, I'd guess)
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

You know where any pics are, or exactly where in AOTC it appears? I have no idea what you're talking about.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

It's the ship Ani and Padme get on when they leave Coruscant after the attempt on her life with those kouhouns.

The thing that looks like a subway car, or the one they take to the subway? If the subway, hell no. If the other one, I'll have to look it up to refresh my memory. Probably not, unless it's unique and hella cool.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I'm going to say "the subway car" because it looks like a subway car to me and because I can't picture "the one they take to the subway" so I don't know what you're talking about.

I'm drawing a complete blank on what this thing looks like. Was it seen on Coruscant or Naboo? The simple fact that I can't even draw up a single memory of the vehicle from the film makes it a definite 'no' for me.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Are we also talking about the same subway car from ROTS, when Ani and Obi get dropped off to meet Palps and Mace after rescuing the Chancellor?

The Wookieepedia page for Naboo speeder bus has no images, other than to say it looks like a small version of the Magnaline 3000 airbus, which is what Anakin, Padmé, Obi-Wan, Typho, Dormé, and R2-D2 ride to take Anakin and Padmé to the refugee ship, Jendirian Valley. 2-1B, the Jedi shuttlebus, which takes Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Palpatine to greet the senators, looks very similar but has some differences.

So it sounds to me like the one being polled in this thread takes Anakin and Padmé to the royal palace in AOTC when they go to see Queen Jamillia, presumably before the "I wasn't the oldest queen ever elected" discussion. I don't remember it from the film, but I assume it lands or passes by really quickly in a shot? If that's the one, then I don't want it. And there's no way they'd make a two-seater passenger bus in the $15 vehicle line.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

NO.

seems to be we're scraping bottom with these choices.

I don't think there is another item that I would buy of the AOTC.
    Maybe a really great Jango, maybe a SA SBD. But nothing else.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-