Page 1 of 41 1234511 ... LastLast

Wave 3 - Return of the Jedi

Yakface posted a list of this wave's supposed contents.

1x Gamorrean Guard (21482)
    1x Ackbar (21483)
    1x Jedi Luke (21484)
    1x Skiff Guard - Wooof (21485)
    1x R2 with Pop-up Lightsaber & Drink Tray (21486)
    1x Rebel Commando (21487)
    1x Yoda with Hover Chair (21481)
    1x Wicket & Kneesaa (21488)
    1x Rebel Pilot (Wedge) (21489)
    1x Clone Trooper (20833)
    1x Sandtrooper (20832)
    1x Darth Vader (97580)

Hasbro has already confirmed the Gamorrean, Ackbar, Luke, Wooof, Rebel Commando, AOTC Yoda, and Wedge. A new pop-up lightsaber R2-D2 would be fantastic. So would a new Wicket and Kneesa - but didn't they say they wouldn't be doing Ewok two-packs and wouldn't be producing characters from the original animations, especially not in realistic style? I hope this is true, but I'd also be fine with just a Wicket.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Yes, they've DEFINATELY confirmed no Kneesaa recently. But I believe they also confirmed Wicket by himself on a single pack card. Hopefully it will be a new sculpt in line with the current Ewoks.
    "Dengar Ewoks!"

Well we don't know if thats final but if it is are they intending to release sandtrooper and darth vader in every single wave?? We all know of their policy on Vader but whats with the obsession with the goddamn sandtrooper? I suppose get him out there for the first time on a vintage style card but in every wave? How about a STORMTROOPER? Y'know, the primary incarnation of imperial troop.

Quote Originally Posted by Devo View Post
    but whats with the obsession with the goddamn sandtrooper? I suppose get him out there for the first time on a vintage style card but in every wave? How about a STORMTROOPER? Y'know, the primary incarnation of imperial troop.
    Clean Sandtrooper - shoulder pauldron - backpack = Stormtrooper
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I'm not sure what to think about Wicket and Kneesa together on one card. Sure it would be great to get Kneesa in action figure form, but it's also going to ruin the look of Wicket's vintage card. How's that going to work since there are no realistic photos of Kneesa anywhere?

What are the chances that Kneesa is just a repainted wokling? Sure it's not accurate, but it's not outside the realm of possibility either.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I'm excited for all of the new figures but there's no way they do an Ewok 2-pack. Ask JT to check if he's got a spare hour (cause it's gotta take at least that long to sift through all the Q&As) but I'm positive they've said no more Ewok 2-packs on the Vintage cards cause they're too small and I know they said no Kneesa cause LFL said it would have to be in animated style if they did it so they wouldn't. And there's no way they pack an animated figure with a realistic style figure.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

I'll be happy just with a Wicket!

If that Jedi Luke is just a repack, I'm definitely passing on it.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    I'll be happy just with a Wicket!

If that Jedi Luke is just a repack, I'm definitely passing on it.
    Fear not, good sir:
    Jedi-Business.com: Will Jedi Luke be re-released on a vintage card, and if so, will you make any changes to the figure?
    Hasbro: There are indeed plans for a new Jedi Luke in the Vintage format, that addresses the issues that folks have had with the proportions of the chest among other tweaks. Look for him later this year, with the figure available for preview at Comic Con.
    Here's the thing about no Kneesa:
    DroidsAndEwoks.weebly.com: In the past you have said that you like some of the classic TV characters such as Princess Kneesaa and Proto One. Considering that you are scaling back on EU figures for the time being, combined with LFL's desire to have classic animated characters made in animated style, what would it take to get characters like these made in action figures? Could they be candidates for EU two packs (without comic) if you end up going that route?
    Hasbro: There is virtually no chance that we'll be getting to these any time soon. We do not have plans to go back to any animated style figures that are not in the Animated Clone Wars, since these would be, in our opinion, target a more niche collecting interest than we would like to go after. We would feel more comfortable doing these in the realistic style, which would not consume a great deal of tooling. When Lucasfilm gave us the direction on animated-style only, it sealed our decision not pursue them.
    And I can't find the two-pack answer right now, but I do remember that they said they'd be doing single-carded Ewoks in the Vintage Collection and trying to add more accessories to them to give them more value. So we'll see what happens.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

If it's just Wicket and a spear, I'd be perfectly happy with that. Anything extra is just gravy.

Quote Originally Posted by Devo View Post
    Well we don't know if thats final but if it is are they intending to release sandtrooper and darth vader in every single wave?? We all know of their policy on Vader but whats with the obsession with the ***** sandtrooper? I suppose get him out there for the first time on a vintage style card but in every wave? How about a STORMTROOPER? Y'know, the primary incarnation of imperial troop.
    But I like the sandtrooper....

I also have a small army of them with my AT-AT. Perhaps I'm the only one, but I think it's a way cooler design than the snowtrooper.