Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I was really excited about Jango being the right color but then I saw the claws.... I'll probably get this but I'd much rather have had just a repaint.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Er....why is there a Darth Vader in the Attack of the Clones Wave? Shouldn't he be in like Revenge of the Sith (looking skinny like he did in the end of the movie) or the ROTJ or ANH waves?

I don't know, if they make one with the right hand able to hold the lightsaber, I will buy it, but it seems out of place for me.

Quote Originally Posted by questorminator View Post
    Er....why is there a Darth Vader in the Attack of the Clones Wave? Shouldn't he be in like Revenge of the Sith (looking skinny like he did in the end of the movie) or the ROTJ or ANH waves?

I don't know, if they make one with the right hand able to hold the lightsaber, I will buy it, but it seems out of place for me.
    Again, it's just a figure from the ESB wave. They always pack the most popular figures in several cases to make sure they are in ample supply.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Again, it's just a figure from the ESB wave. They always pack the most popular figures in several cases to make sure they are in ample supply.

A repack eh. And I was just trying to psyche myself for a "skinny" young post-mustafar Vader. You know, the kind that can hold a lightsaber in both hands and show a younger Vader head inside the helmet..

Although I am not really complaining about the ESB Vader but it wouldn't be bad to have a Vader in the 4 movies he appeared in (ROTS, ANH, ESB, ROTJ). Mostly they do re-packs.

A few folks around here may disagree but I wouldn't mind the constant stream of Vaders if there was some variety. I think it's fair to say that since softgoods made a regular return to the modern line we have not gotten an accurate ANH Vader. I suppose the most easily distinguishable characteristic is that the cloth under-tunic that Vader wears should be over his shoulder armor for an ANH figure and underneath for ESB and ROTJ (see below). While there are other subtle differences between the ESB and ROTJ appearance and even the ROTS suit the cloth seems to make ANH a distinct interpretation of Vader that hasn't been done yet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ANHVader1.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	5.1 KB 
ID:	23516   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ANHVader2.jpeg 
Views:	64 
Size:	5.6 KB 
ID:	23517  
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Did you not like this one? The upper part of his cape is plastic, not cloth, but it's still a really good figure. The ANH look has actually been done several times over the years, including the Flashback Photo and Commtech Chip versions.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Did you not like this one? The upper part of his cape is plastic, not cloth, but it's still a really good figure. The ANH look has actually been done several times over the years, including the Flashback Photo and Commtech Chip versions.
    Thanks for pointing that out. That is probably the best Vader they've ever made, only because he can actually hold his lightsaber in his right hand! To be picky it probably ought to have the ROTJ head and not a ROTS head under the helmet but I wouldn't display it without the helmet anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkJedi5 View Post
    Thanks for pointing that out. That is probably the best Vader they've ever made, only because he can actually hold his lightsaber in his right hand! To be picky it probably ought to have the ROTJ head and not a ROTS head under the helmet but I wouldn't display it without the helmet anyway.
    Me, I am happy with the figs but I hope they make a definitive Vader someday. The ESB one is kit-bashed but it is cool. Means they are coming close.

They can just re-use the ESB Vader and make a right hand that can actually hold the saber. Vader fights with his right hand so it sort of sucks to see a figure of a right-handed character that can only hold the saber with the left hand.

That's wave 4, is it not?
    Most wanted "bottom-of-the-barrel scrapes": ANH: Kal'Falnl C'ndros, Revwien (concept art), Tzizvvt ESB: Wiorkettle, Treva Horme ROTJ: Cane Adiss, Loje Nella TPM: Edcel Bar Gane AOTC: Rogwa Wodrata ROTS: Mon Calamari Dancer, Veedaaz Awmetth, Eeusu Estornii EU: Guri (red outfit), Ket Maliss