Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by AmanaMatt View Post
    A pretty average wave - not a huge prequel fan, but that EP II Obi-Wan is the one i am looking forward to....the Jango cardback is awesome - figure is not....mostly a MEH wave for me
    AOTC Obi-Wan is a repack that we saw in the AOTC wave last year. I don't think there's anything exciting about since there's nothing new, that I know of.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

OK, I'm down for almost every figure in this wave that's shown.
    An ultimate TVC Jango that's the correct blue (not purple) color. It's about time!

I'll buy everything that's an improvement over any predecessor figure.

Are you sure Obi-Wan is a repeat? Sometimes there's little subtle things and improvements they don't tell us about.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    OK, I'm down for almost every figure in this wave that's shown.
    An ultimate TVC Jango that's the correct blue (not purple) color. It's about time!

I'll buy everything that's an improvement over any predecessor figure.

Are you sure Obi-Wan is a repeat? Sometimes there's little subtle things and improvements they don't tell us about.
    First off, I still wouldn't consider this Jango perfect. Check out the pic taken of him at CV. Still seems pretty lavender to me even though his helmet has the blue which seems like it would just clash in a weird way (the poncho may be trying to hide the fact that the color isn't quite right. Probably not really, but it does hide the majority of the figure when carded.). And the gauntlet claws make this Jango "screen accurate" for only a split second. I'll buy this figure if only for the jetpack that can be made to appear as if it already fired the rocket, I'm sure I could put this on any other Jango figure when they finally make one the right color.

As far as the Obi-Wan goes, the original was SA and was originally slated for the Evolutions set. I mean, this figure had ball jointed everything, even hips, so I'm not sure what they would improve. The accessories are the same (well the lightsaber and the comlink) so I'm pretty sure it's just a rerelease, I can't spot any visual clues to show that they've resculpted any part of him.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Sandtroopers has images of Mace, Senate Guard, and the Super Battle Droid.

I'm definitely going to get a Mace to keep carded - that image is awesome. They could/should have used purple for his name and pill box, but still, it's pretty damn sweet. The headsculpt still looks amazing as well.

The image on the Senate Guard isn't that great, but I'll probably get a few of him. At least he can (presumably) finally hold the staff properly.

The SBD looks cool on the card, though I don't think anything's new on the figure itself.

I saw in the poll that some people are finding this wave but I haven't seen a trace of it anywhere. Granted, my Targets haven't stocked anything in a long time (lots of Endor Troopers, Dengars, 4-LOMs, Sandtroopers, and ROTS Clones clogging the pegs) but TRU has lots of room but hasn't got anything more recent than wave 2! Basically, all I want to know is how far behind the curve my area seems to be.

I haven't found traces of anything beyond wave 3 at any Target, and most of them are full of 4-LOM, Dengar, and the Cloud Car Pilot. Walmarts have been doing a little better - not great - and most of them still have too many sandtroopers, ROTS clones, and Obi-Wans. So it seems that Target over-ordered wave 1 and Walmart over-ordered wave 2. Too bad they're not resetting the assortment numbers anytime soon, as we could really use it.

I saw Jango with some of this wave yesterday. (picked up Kit Fisto) Jango's undergarments (guess you'd call them that) while still purplish, seemed to be less of that lavender and leaning a little more towards the blue.
    I'd have to put him next to one of the previous purple trimmed ones to tell if there's really a difference though I passed on buying him for now.

Just found Zam today on a damaged card at Walmart though. She's been the elusive one lately.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Obi-Wan Kenobi is a repaint of 2008's TLC Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Master), and now has a soft goods Jedi robe.

Jango Fett is a repaint of the figure from 2008's TAC the Fett Legacy set, with new forearms and lots of accessories.

Mace Windu is a repaint of 2007's TAC Mace Windu (Jedi Master) figure, with an all-new head sculpt and a soft goods skirt.

Kit Fisto is an all-new figure.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

So for those of you fortunate enough to have found this wave, what is the consensus on the Jango Fett? Personally, the purple figures bug the heck out of me and I know this one is supposed to be better but still on the lavender side. Is it all that bad? It's a unique figure (not all-new but new enough) but that horrendous color could cause me to never display it.

It's nowhere as purple as the old ones. As you said, it's still somewhat in that area, but as this photo shows, it's less blatant than some of the previous ones. I'd say the difference is greater in person, but I can't compare at the moment.