Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    They should never release a Jedi Starfighter again. Never. The Geneva Convention should be amended to prevent civilized nations from doing so.

I'm just hoping that I get the right vehicles. I'd hate to think I'm getting a Snowspeeder and Cloud Car and get home to find out I accidentally got the tank and the Jedi Starfighter by mistake.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartner View Post
    I was thinking that it might be difficult to track down the new AT-AT, snowspeeder and the cloud car when they come out. I am unable to get to the stores too often and wondered if anyone else was experiencing such anxiety. Most online places are listing the AT-AT for about $108-$109 and the smaller vehicles for about $29.99. Does the community think it would be prudent to preorder these and pay $20 shipping on these items or just chance my arm and maybe find these at retail? OR... do I just wait for the AT-AT at retail and pick up the smaller vehicles via an online shop?

Well, I've got a preorder with BBTS for the AT-AT and snowspeeder. I was too late for the Cloud car. However I'm still going to try to find them at retail here in Ireland because shipping will be expensive and then I'll most likely get hit by customs too. If I find them I'll buy them and just cancel my BBTS orders. Theres no penalty for doing so and its simply a matter of going into your account and reducing your order quantity on the given item to zero.

I'm not too worried about missing out on the big vehicles. If the last few years are any indication, then my Walmart will be flooded with the vehicles and exclusive sets.

Since TRU is an 80-mile round trip for me, then I'm not getting my hopes up over finding the vintage AT-AT box. But I might make a couple trips out there to look for it.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I just want the AT-AT ASAP. LOL I'm really more worried about the smaller vehicles 'cos of the way they are packing them. I can just see the reissues lingering on the shelves for months. As far as the packaging goes... I don't care.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

The AT-AT won't be difficult to pick up (unless you insist on the TRU exclusive packaging, which makes it hit or miss). Good luck with the smaller vehicles with the packing and the millions still clogging shelves. Thankfully with a reset they should clear the shelves beforehand and have some room for the one new vehicle and 3 repacks

[FONT=Courier New]I get anxious about finding new vehicles, too, but I have a feeling that after the initial rush, they (the snowspeeder and cloud car) will be easy to find and after a few months, you'll be sick of seeing them on the shelf.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]As for the AT-AT, those beasts (based on how easy it was for me to find AT-TE's and Turbo Tanks) will be no problem at all.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I plan on getting 2 of the smaller vehicles (including the blue "interceptor" fighter tank) and at least 1 AT-AT. 2 if my wife finds a new job by then.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

I'm not worried. I haven't had much trouble finding the vehicles I want the past 3 years. I'm debating about whether to get them in the CW packaging or the Vintage style. It would normally be a no brainer except I haven't heard when the vintage packaging is going to be released and if there will be a price difference. Does anyone know when the Vintage packaging will be released?

I believe the "vintage" packaging will be release concurrently with the CW packaging, but at different retailers.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    [FONT=Courier New]I plan on getting 2 of the smaller vehicles (including the blue "interceptor" fighter tank) and at least 1 AT-AT. 2 if my wife finds a new job by then.[/FONT]
    So you're making your wife get a second job so you can afford more Star Wars toys? You're my hero!
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    So you're making your wife get a second job so you can afford more Star Wars toys? You're my hero!
    [FONT=Courier New]Not a second job, a new job. She was laid off on May 7th with 2 months of severance that ends in July. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]We both get an "allowance" each month, and I have my own money saved, but if she still doesn't have a job when the severance pay runs out, then I am scaling back my own monthly allowance as well as whatever I planned on spending on toys. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]It could be a lean final quarter of the year for Ando and new toy purchases. Fortunately, as much as I want the new stuff coming in August and beyond, I don't feel the need to have as much of it as possible. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]