Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartner View Post
    I believe the "vintage" packaging will be release concurrently with the CW packaging, but at different retailers.
    Thats good to hear. If I would've had to wait for 6 months, I'd probably skip the Vintage packaging for sure. The Vintage AT-AT is supposed to be at TRU, which means it could end up costing more. If it ends up being like $20 more, I'll probably pass on it. I'm not sure where the other Vintage vehicles will end up.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    They should never release a Jedi Starfighter again. Never. The Geneva Convention should be amended to prevent civilized nations from doing so.
    But now Malibu Stacy comes in a new package!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Meh. Oatmeal is still oatmeal.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    They should never release a Jedi Starfighter again. Never. The Geneva Convention should be amended to prevent civilized nations from doing so.
    Yeah, but this is the company that has released a shirtless Maul four times more than needed.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

While part of me says "Gee Whiz!" at the vintage packaging, I have to admit it doesn't really matter to me. I'm interested in what's inside the box, not the box itself.

Exactly!!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by The Space Outlaw View Post
    While part of me says "Gee Whiz!" at the vintage packaging, I have to admit it doesn't really matter to me. I'm interested in what's inside the box, not the box itself.
    I'm pretty much in the same boat, because it effectively doubles the amount of space that this toy will require to display or store. I just can't really figure out where I would put such a large box, since I plan to display my AT-AT loose. Sure I could store it away in a closet, but then what's the point of the vintage packaging if no one is going to see it?

I'll buy mine at Walmart, because then I get to use my employee discount. However, I'll probably take a trip out to TRU and, if the vintage box looks impressive enough in person, then I might consider buying that version; then just deal with the space issue later.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I dont have any problems with finding anything...living in Texas aka heart of Walmart - there is literally a Walmart every 6 miles (no joke, thats pretty accurate)
    Real men buy Willrow

Quote Originally Posted by The Space Outlaw View Post
    That is my feeling as well. I've been saying lately that I think the vintage packaging gimmick will work bringing back fans, but that'll only last about 6 to 9 months until they realize they're paying a buck more for the same figures with no cool pack-ins only to get classic packaging. The vehicle packaging will be a little more special though.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

What pack ins are you guys referring to....? I know the legends line does a weapons bonus....but, I cannot think of anything too major that the vintage line couldnt do.
    Real men buy Willrow