Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Question Worried about not being able to find the new vehicles...

I was thinking that it might be difficult to track down the new AT-AT, snowspeeder and the cloud car when they come out. I am unable to get to the stores too often and wondered if anyone else was experiencing such anxiety. Most online places are listing the AT-AT for about $108-$109 and the smaller vehicles for about $29.99. Does the community think it would be prudent to preorder these and pay $20 shipping on these items or just chance my arm and maybe find these at retail? OR... do I just wait for the AT-AT at retail and pick up the smaller vehicles via an online shop?

OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

My guess is that it won't be difficult to find these things at first. You just won't be able to say, "Oh, I'll get these next time."

I think I've seen the Turbo Tank once this year.

If you decide to pre-order, check a coupon code website. Alot of times you can find free shipping codes.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

There will be plenty of AT-AT's out there if you're patient. I never had trouble finding BMF's, AT-TE's, or the turbo tank.

The others are another story. If your area is anything like around here, the shelves are full of basic vehicles like the clone wars Jedi Starfighters, the republic tank, and Vaders TIE. It looks like very few of these are moving even with all the sales recently. More of these are coming out as repaints with the new ships so the problem is only going to get worse.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by mtriv73 View Post
    The others are another story. If your area is anything like around here, the shelves are full of basic vehicles like the clone wars Jedi Starfighters, the republic tank, and Vaders TIE. It looks like very few of these are moving even with all the sales recently. More of these are coming out as repaints with the new ships so the problem is only going to get worse.

Yeah... that's the part I am most concerned about. I think I might have a look for that coupon code Metalmute suggested and get the smaller vehicles. I have a feeling they are going to be packed in boxes of four:

1 Snowspeeder
    1 Cloud Car
    1 Clone Interceptor Tank (Blue)
    1 Jedi Starfighter

based on THIS.

I imagine, given Hasbro's love of repacks, that the Cloud Car and Snowspeeder will be in future case assortments as well.

The AT-AT, well, you probably could wait a year and find it at Ross. Big vehicles don't move quickly.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Yeah... but I'm kinda not in the waiting mood after the nearly 8-month dry spell!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartner View Post
    Yeah... that's the part I am most concerned about. I think I might have a look for that coupon code Metalmute suggested and get the smaller vehicles. I have a feeling they are going to be packed in boxes of four:

1 Snowspeeder
    1 Cloud Car
    1 Clone Interceptor Tank (Blue)
    1 Jedi Starfighter

based on THIS.

I don't know about you guys, but that pic of the snowspeeder and cloud car makes the waiting that much harder.

I'd worry more about the retail stores getting only the revised cases. Come on Hasbro! Why take out a new vehicle for a repacked Jedi Starfighter?
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I think Hasbro may have taken it out due to production levels, probably porting the snowspeeder over to the exclusive packaging. They could have picked a better replacement though, we're already swimming in Obi-Wan's CW JSF as it is, they shouldn't be re-re-re-releasing it until they at least have the corresponding astromech available.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartner View Post
    I was thinking that it might be difficult to track down the new AT-AT, snowspeeder and the cloud car when they come out. I am unable to get to the stores too often and wondered if anyone else was experiencing such anxiety. Most online places are listing the AT-AT for about $108-$109 and the smaller vehicles for about $29.99. Does the community think it would be prudent to preorder these and pay $20 shipping on these items or just chance my arm and maybe find these at retail? OR... do I just wait for the AT-AT at retail and pick up the smaller vehicles via an online shop?

Well, I've got a preorder with BBTS for the AT-AT and snowspeeder. I was too late for the Cloud car. However I'm still going to try to find them at retail here in Ireland because shipping will be expensive and then I'll most likely get hit by customs too. If I find them I'll buy them and just cancel my BBTS orders. Theres no penalty for doing so and its simply a matter of going into your account and reducing your order quantity on the given item to zero.

I'm not too worried about missing out on the big vehicles. If the last few years are any indication, then my Walmart will be flooded with the vehicles and exclusive sets.

Since TRU is an 80-mile round trip for me, then I'm not getting my hopes up over finding the vintage AT-AT box. But I might make a couple trips out there to look for it.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis