Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Question Worried about not being able to find the new vehicles...

I was thinking that it might be difficult to track down the new AT-AT, snowspeeder and the cloud car when they come out. I am unable to get to the stores too often and wondered if anyone else was experiencing such anxiety. Most online places are listing the AT-AT for about $108-$109 and the smaller vehicles for about $29.99. Does the community think it would be prudent to preorder these and pay $20 shipping on these items or just chance my arm and maybe find these at retail? OR... do I just wait for the AT-AT at retail and pick up the smaller vehicles via an online shop?

OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

My guess is that it won't be difficult to find these things at first. You just won't be able to say, "Oh, I'll get these next time."

I think I've seen the Turbo Tank once this year.

If you decide to pre-order, check a coupon code website. Alot of times you can find free shipping codes.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

There will be plenty of AT-AT's out there if you're patient. I never had trouble finding BMF's, AT-TE's, or the turbo tank.

The others are another story. If your area is anything like around here, the shelves are full of basic vehicles like the clone wars Jedi Starfighters, the republic tank, and Vaders TIE. It looks like very few of these are moving even with all the sales recently. More of these are coming out as repaints with the new ships so the problem is only going to get worse.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by mtriv73 View Post
    The others are another story. If your area is anything like around here, the shelves are full of basic vehicles like the clone wars Jedi Starfighters, the republic tank, and Vaders TIE. It looks like very few of these are moving even with all the sales recently. More of these are coming out as repaints with the new ships so the problem is only going to get worse.

Yeah... that's the part I am most concerned about. I think I might have a look for that coupon code Metalmute suggested and get the smaller vehicles. I have a feeling they are going to be packed in boxes of four:

1 Snowspeeder
    1 Cloud Car
    1 Clone Interceptor Tank (Blue)
    1 Jedi Starfighter

based on THIS.

I imagine, given Hasbro's love of repacks, that the Cloud Car and Snowspeeder will be in future case assortments as well.

The AT-AT, well, you probably could wait a year and find it at Ross. Big vehicles don't move quickly.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Yeah... but I'm kinda not in the waiting mood after the nearly 8-month dry spell!! LOL

I haven't got an worries about finding these vehicles. I remember at first that it was really hard to find the last batch of vehicles when they came out new (Vulture Droid, Interceptor Tank and Tankdroid) but now I see one of these mixed in with the other vehicles almost every time I go to a toy store. I'm pretty sure that eventually all of these new vehicles will be as available.

I think this August will be most like 2008 when Legacy first debuted. Before hand, product was put on sale just about everywhere (sound familiar?) and the stores sold through most of their stock. Then there was nothing to find anywhere for a few weeks until the street date when stores opened (I think some TRUs even had midnight madness events, though I wouldn't expect that this time) and there was all of the new product on the shelves. I was on vacation at the time and when I got back two weeks after the street date I had no trouble finding the BMF and the AT-TE which I bought on the same day at the same store. I anticipate finding the BAT-AT just as easily.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

There has never been a $20 "starfighter" class vehicle that has been terribly hard to find for long. And with the number of online sources for these things, I doubt you'd need to spend anything over retail to get them quickly. They're not even popular kid designs anymore, and at least 1 has the alternate vintage-style packaging to boot, so there won't be as much furor over them.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartner View Post
    Yeah... that's the part I am most concerned about. I think I might have a look for that coupon code Metalmute suggested and get the smaller vehicles. I have a feeling they are going to be packed in boxes of four:

1 Snowspeeder
    1 Cloud Car
    1 Clone Interceptor Tank (Blue)
    1 Jedi Starfighter

based on THIS.

I don't know about you guys, but that pic of the snowspeeder and cloud car makes the waiting that much harder.

I'd worry more about the retail stores getting only the revised cases. Come on Hasbro! Why take out a new vehicle for a repacked Jedi Starfighter?
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I think Hasbro may have taken it out due to production levels, probably porting the snowspeeder over to the exclusive packaging. They could have picked a better replacement though, we're already swimming in Obi-Wan's CW JSF as it is, they shouldn't be re-re-re-releasing it until they at least have the corresponding astromech available.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.