Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    That just proves there are some dumb retailers. Especially Target, willing to take a chance on a third fricking wave of those lousy two-packs, but not touch something as golden as this.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Actually, it's not. Check out these pics:
    esb - http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:BobaFettMain.jpg
    rotj - http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:BobaFettMain2.jpg
    You can see that the helmet on the real deal isn't as wide as the collar plate of the armor, I have both VOTC and Evo Fett on my desk right now (can't decide which I like better) and the helmet width is the same. If anything, my complaint about the Evo figure is that the helmet is too tall, doesn't look right. I don't like the stretched proportions if the visor, and I think the length takes away from the flare as it tapers down. (My other issues with the Evo are that it seems a little tall for Boba, and the head can't dip down at all despite that being a famous Boba pose.)
    I really think the Evo helmet is thin, and that in most fanatic fan's minds is the real and biggest eyesore of a problem with this figure. I've even customized and kitbash the 300th helmet which was dremmelled and placed on the Evo figure with some VOTC armour... I've put my custom alongside the BD36 rehash of the Evo figure, and the difference is obvious. In summary, the 300th helmet and sculpt was brilliant except the articulation let it down, the VOTC helmet was also good. Concerning the height issue, on the contrary, that was what is good about the figure is that Boba is at correct height, until now he seemed on the short side. With the calculations, I constantly compare the Evo height with the legacy Vaders and he comes right under Vader's nose like in the Bespin, etc pictures and that's around 6 feet.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/photoga.../100_06062.jpg
    Last edited by ESBbobafett; 06-04-2010 at 02:17 AM. Reason: additions

The newest Q&A voting thread is locked . . . I assume that's a mistake, no?

Also, Chux, it's still not 100% confirmed that Target will be having a second wave of Geonosis two-packs (though I think it's looking that way). They previously had two waves of Order 66 packs, which were the ones with the Jedi and clones, so the probable upcoming Geonosis sets will be the second wave of those two-packs, but Target's fourth wave of two-packs overall. Anyway, I do have to imagine that, even if they weren't the hottest sellers ever, the idea of a Jedi packed with either a clone or an enemy has to be more enticing to the wider audience, and particularly kids, than a set of Luke roasting his father . . . I definitely want the set, but I can see how retailers would feel it's a bit morbid.

The list of questions from other sites has been added:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index....articleid=2676

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    The newest Q&A voting thread is locked . . . I assume that's a mistake, no?
    System error, actually. It re-closed itself even.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Stuff interesting from the Q&As:

One site asked about the holes in the front of the Republic Fighter Tank, Hasbro said they considered putting a mini-rig in there. I believe they are missile launching tubes in the games, but Hasbro's guess of air intake is good too.

That Crimson Empire Nom Anor figure is getting released in the main line. I think it's a blah figure because of the source material, but oh well.

Hasbro says the first clone to get ball-jointed hips was the Gelagrub clone, that's not accurate, there was the AT-TE Gunner from the ROTS line.

I didn't realize ICMG's outfit could be used for Porkins. I bet they end up doing it within 18 months, though they sound like further away on it.

The pic of the new Hoth Leia has huge hips and a big crotch piece. I think we may have to ask about this, I've noticed it more and more on female figures lately. http://jediinsider.com/index.php?catid=8&itemid=12854

Hasbro doesn't think Han in Carbonite would be appealing enough as a figure by itself. I remember when I was a kid, after seeing ROTJ where Han is thawed, I froze and unfroze tons of figures in water, thus ruining their joints and paint. I froze so many figures it became a family cliche. As a kid, that would have blown my mind, I think they need to give it a shot.

Lucasfilm won't let Hasbro do a white Vader's TIE Fighter. Personally, I think that's the right call, the vehicle was gray in the film, this idea that TIEs are white is totally bizarre to me.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Lucasfilm won't let Hasbro do a white Vader's TIE Fighter. Personally, I think that's the right call, the vehicle was gray in the film, this idea that TIEs are white is totally bizarre to me.
    I read that question and it makes sense to me. The TIE Fighters in ANH were clearly grey, not white, and then the color changed to blue for ESB and ROTJ. Although I found it funny that Hasbro seems to think that Vader's TIE Fighter was in all three films.

I think the white TIE Fighter idea is more of an homage to the first Kenner toy than anything else. Kind of like the requests for a new Blue Snaggletooth that pop up every now and then.

Anyways, I was hoping that we would get some kind of hint on whether Hasbro would consider completely remaking Vader's TIE Fighter. Unfortunately, they seem to be perfectly content with the current mold.

There should be some spectacular news soon on the fate of the (formerly) scuttled 2010 Comic Packs. Stay tuned!
    Hmmmm.....

One of the best things about having multiple lines of action figures on the same scale is the possibility for crossover interaction. If you had to include one G.I. Joe figure and one Marvel figure to repack and market in the Star Wars 3.75 line, what figures would they be and why?

A lot of questions about the Shadow Stormtroopers, too, this time around.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The pic of the new Hoth Leia has huge hips and a big crotch piece. I think we may have to ask about this, I've noticed it more and more on female figures lately. http://jediinsider.com/index.php?catid=8&itemid=12854
    The outfit looks like Hoth Leia, but she looks more like the Leia from The Black Fleet Crisis. After she had 3 kids.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

So, they make long-requested female figures and make them look like 1983 figures from the torso down, then complain that no one buys the female figures?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Are we going to get the CS questions this round or have to wait till next time? I know another site didn't get their stuff answered and is having to wait.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.