Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    And they have already released a picture of the Emperor, so guess which five are not coming.

Looks like the Rebel Transport is a no-go ever. I don't know why they left a sliver of hope for the other two.
    I don't believe they'd quantify that as the Emperor, so it's still a toss-up, but that rumor list is shot to hell none the less.

Quote Originally Posted by Devo View Post
    They said a definitive No to updating the "rebel troop transport". Is that a mistaken referance to the Rebel Transport starship, or the fictionalised troop carrier thing that was in the vintage line? And if its the latter does that mean they will never make the Echo Base troop carrier? I really hope not..and I don't see how that is any more 'obscure' than the troop carrier in the Scramble on Yavin set.
    Highly doubtful, the question asked about redoing old Kenner playsets for ESB, and the Rebel Transport starship was the only one that could come close to matching. Hasbro said no because it's this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smFF-X09Kks
    (even that commercial couldn't make it look fun )
    The Imperial Troop Transport was neither a playset nor in ESB.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    That just proves there are some dumb retailers. Especially Target, willing to take a chance on a third fricking wave of those lousy two-packs, but not touch something as golden as this.
    Not really. Those 2-packs are cheaper so less risk, they're action-themed so they have kid-factor, and they aren't a toy of a guy burning another guy to death. I bet we'll see the pyre set some day, but likely the 30th ROTJ anniversary at CVI or SDCC.

Quote Originally Posted by ESBbobafett View Post
    I really think the Evo helmet is thin, and that in most fanatic fan's minds is the real and biggest eyesore of a problem with this figure. I've even customized and kitbash the 300th helmet which was dremmelled and placed on the Evo figure with some VOTC armour... I've put my custom alongside the BD36 rehash of the Evo figure, and the difference is obvious. In summary, the 300th helmet and sculpt was brilliant except the articulation let it down, the VOTC helmet was also good. Concerning the height issue, on the contrary, that was what is good about the figure is that Boba is at correct height, until now he seemed on the short side. With the calculations, I constantly compare the Evo height with the legacy Vaders and he comes right under Vader's nose like in the Bespin, etc pictures and that's around 6 feet.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/photoga.../100_06062.jpg
    Interesting. I just measured the 2 helmets, there's a difference of 1.58mm, scaled up that's 28.44mm, or 1.12" at 1:18 scale, pretty slim difference. And keep in mind, that helmet is flexible, so on a different head it could be a little wider. The helmet's sculpt is just wonky though, the visor is all wrong, the nose deforms the front, the crown slopes too shallowly. Bottom line, I'm sticking by my claim that the helmet's problem is the sculpt, not the width.

I can give you that height thing. I always thought Billy Dee was 5' 8" or so, and judged Fett against his height, but he's actually 6' so I guess Fett is around that too. Of course, the prequels wreck that by making him Temuera Morrison, who is just 5' 7", but we can ignore them.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I read that question and it makes sense to me. The TIE Fighters in ANH were clearly grey, not white, and then the color changed to blue for ESB and ROTJ. Although I found it funny that Hasbro seems to think that Vader's TIE Fighter was in all three films.

I think the white TIE Fighter idea is more of an homage to the first Kenner toy than anything else. Kind of like the requests for a new Blue Snaggletooth that pop up every now and then.

Anyways, I was hoping that we would get some kind of hint on whether Hasbro would consider completely remaking Vader's TIE Fighter. Unfortunately, they seem to be perfectly content with the current mold.
    Yeah, good catch on the plural movieS.

We should do a question about updating that rather underwhelming mold, but I suspect they are satisfied with it.

One of the best things about having multiple lines of action figures on the same scale is the possibility for crossover interaction. If you had to include one G.I. Joe figure and one Marvel figure to repack and market in the Star Wars 3.75 line, what figures would they be and why?
    Anything from CreatureCantina is meant in a somewhat joking style, they are a humor SW site.

A lot of questions about the Shadow Stormtroopers, too, this time around.
    Yeah, I'm glad we weren't among them. 1/10th of the sites involved asked about that (30 sites, 3 sites asked).

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    The outfit looks like Hoth Leia, but she looks more like the Leia from The Black Fleet Crisis. After she had 3 kids.
    Ouch! Meeeow! The problem is that Leia is a very small character but the internal pegs need to be a specific thickness to pass Hasbro safety regs, so the crotch piece has to be big enough to accommodate that. Of course, they have done better work in the past and even changing the torso/crotch/waist design could have helped this, so I do want to call them on it.

So, they make long-requested female figures and make them look like 1983 figures from the torso down, then complain that no one buys the female figures?
    More like 1998:
    http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?i...thnocoatfr.jpg

'83 looked better than that:
    http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?i...onchocomp1.jpg

Even '80 Hoth looked better:
    http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?i...leiahothfr.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by DarkJedi5 View Post
    Are we going to get the CS questions this round or have to wait till next time? I know another site didn't get their stuff answered and is having to wait.
    Unknown. Hasbro said they'd TRY to get the missing questions answered ASAP, but sometimes they just hold off until the next round and toss them in the pile. BTW, for reference, here are the lost questions:

• 1) Mace Windu has been represented in action figure form for 12 years now, and a large portion of those figures were released with some unique, non-standard aspect. Mace has been the first "sneak peek" in the modern line and was a mail-away, the first hard-shell "choco" robe, AOTC had a deluxe before basic which had a smiling face and a second figure, AOTC basic had the screaming face, 2003 AOTC basic had the "ultimate lightsaber control" stick gimmick, ROTS had the Force Lightning throw-off gimmick, and now the Clone Wars version with removable armor and saber-swinging waist. While there have been a few normal Mace figures, and even a super-articulated one finally, it seems as if Mace Windu has been tapped by Hasbro to be the sculpting and gimmick guinea pig. Is this pattern intentional, do you think he can't sell without these sorts of things, is it just happenstance, or does someone there subliminally not realize they keep picking Mace to be the test guy?
    • 2) Why is it that modern realistic R2-D2 figures are oversized? Our math says that the modern R2 stands a whole centimeter too tall, which is a scaled visual difference of 7 inches. That's a pretty significant amount of extra height. The Clone Wars R2 is roughly the right height, as is the classic Kenner Artoo, while the build-a-droid astromech body splits the difference between the extremes. But the regular modern astromechs are all too tall. Why is this, and will this be addressed on the upcoming R2 redesign?

Ugh, I hadn't realized until now that I put 2 design questions together for 1 site. That's usually the sort of thing I try to avoid.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Partly I was referring to Hasbro, I think, misunderstanding the question. I thought of it as intended to be along the lines of "if you painted a Rise of Cobra Viper a different color, handed him a lightsaber, and called him ______."
    Tommy, close your eyes.

OIC

limit 10
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I looked closer at Willrow today and, sure enough, his arms and legs indeed look like they were sculpted to be used in X-wing pilot gear, but they're also accurate to the on-screen costume. They'll need to add gloves and an ammo thing around his boot. Porkins still seems like he needs to be fatter, though, and it should be interesting if they choose to sculpt a separate white vest thing to slip on over that big ol' gut. I'm not entirely sure we need another Porkins, but having him on a vintage card would be a hoot(kins, William).
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram