Thread: Kickass

Hybrid View

Kickass

I just saw this last night and loved it!

I will definitely buy this one on DVD for a keeper.

It's set up for a sequel for sure.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I loved it.
    Wasn't crazy about a few of the deviations from the comic though.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I was fairly thoroughly happy with the movie. It definitely should have been called Hit-Girl, though. I really enjoyed her action sequences especially.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

If I hadn't read the comic, I might have liked it. Unfortunately for the film, and thankfully for me, I did read the comic and loved it. The film disappointed me. Matthew Vaughn's Stardust adaptation raised my expectation level too high.

Agreed, Hit-Girl absolutely stole the movie! I'd like to see her face off against Gogo from Kill Bill some day.

Awesome fun flick.... and we even liked Nic Cage for the first time in years.

Wish they'd skipped the punked-out Banana Splits song during the fight scene. Didn't work for me.
    McCoy: What do those super sensitive ears make of that, Mr. Spock?
    Spock: Wood. Rubbing on some kind of leather.

Thanks for the spoiler alerts.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I thought Nicholas Cage was making use of his all-around natural ability to act dorky - and it was perfect for this character.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I saw this last night on cable (not edited, but did have commercial breaks). I can see why people liked it, as well as how some were concerned with the violence (read: torture scenes). Right on about the sequel; with a simple digit after the title, no subtitle (I was surprised at the trailer they showed during a commercial; it definitely will be edited for movie or TV promos).
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega