Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Would You Buy The Trade Federation's Landing Ship From TPM?

I am continuing my thread series.

This will discuss ONLY the vehicle in the title of the thread (in this case the Trade Federation's Landing Ship From TPM?).

I will cover several unmade vehicles for the action figures per week, choosing them from a rotating schedule through the movies and the Expanded Universe.

I'll order it TPM, AOTC, ROTS, ANH, ESB, ROTJ, EU, and then keep going back through the order in that manner.

So here I'm only asking you if you'd buy the Trade Federation's Landing Ship From TPM?

This one is going to be expensive, but cost-controlled by making it off-scale. Let's say about $150 (maybe).

I submit that it needs to carry one (1) AAT Tank to fulfill its function. That being said, build the body around the size of a single AAT tank. Unassembled, you could pack this body in a box similar to the size of the AT-TE vehicle or the TurboTank (the wings off of the body).

The front doors should open to release the AAT Tank from the body. The top should house a cockpit able to seat two battledroids.

Unattached in the box will be four (4) telescoping wing pieces that you snap on to the body. To get a better (but impossible to make to) scale on the wings, they will collapse inside themselves, like the plastic lightsaber toys. You extend the smaller tips out of the bases that snap on to the ship's body, and you get a longer wingspan. Put one on each front and rear side of the ship, to complete the form.

4 or more firing missiles can be placed on the cannon batteries you snap on to the front top of the forward wings for more play-features, pretty close to authentic to how the actual ship looks (see pictures below).

Perhaps a stow-away hatch in the body of the ship can hide Qui-Gon or Obi-Wan. Maybe another larger area can hold a squad of Battle Droids? Perhaps rolled up destroyer droids can also launch out of this ship - maybe even from a rear hatch? (like the 2003 deluxe toy).

So do you want the Trade Federation's Landing Ship From TPM made?

What other features would you want on it?

Why would you NOT want it?

How do you think it would sell if produced?

Should it appear more frequently in the Clone Wars to increase kid-recognition?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	200px-Tradefederationlandingship.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	23090   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eu_bg.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	87.2 KB 
ID:	23091   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	250px-C9979_ep1ig.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	7.5 KB 
ID:	23092  
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

No, I wouldn't buy this. Several reasons come to mind.
    1. It's not 1999.
    2. Without a MTT, I don't see a point.
    3. It's too big, and the correct size would be impossible.
    4. If made, it will end up as a mini-rig.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

NO. it's completely pointless and ridiculous to imagine in 3.75" scale. even as a mini-rig it wouldn't really work.
    Last edited by Darth Jax; 06-03-2010 at 06:11 PM. Reason: misspelling

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post

2. Without a MTT, I don't see a point.

These carried AATs too - which they make and are on shelves everywhere.

I too hope for an MTT, but if that were made, a TF Transport would never be made big enough to carry it. (An MTT should be TurboTank sized).

But even the BMF is too small for scale with the figures.

I think the AT-AT that's due out this year is also too small for scale with the figures.

So what's the big deal?

Let the ship be made to carry ONE AAT Tank.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

In a smaller scale ($25-$50), likely. This is something I can imagine there being a smaller version of, unlike Maul's personal Sith Infiltrator. At full size, it's way too boring a vehicle to justify dropping $150+ on.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Eh, I wanted to say yes, but at full size it's just too boring and at small scale it's still boring. I just can't vote yes on this one.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

I would say no. I don't hate the design, but its not thrilling enough to turn into a $150 toy and its pointless to make at a smaller scale.

I think this is one of the few prequel vehicle designs that would look right at home in the OT. But that doesn't mean that it wouldn't still make for a terrible toy. No, I wouldn't buy this.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I'm worried that this thread hasn't been seen by many. We usually have about 16 participants, but the forum categories have been revamped, so this is a shameless bump before I tally the poll results for the latest offering from TPM.

Any toy version wouldn't do the actual ship justice. Even a scaled-down version to hold an AAT or even that tiny little personal tank would still be massive. No, don't make this.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram