Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Next vehicles?

Question Next vehicles?

So.......we are finally getting a TIE Interceptor, and Bomber, and another Snowspeeder. Oh and that AT-ST/Speederbike thing. So.......what can we expect next? I think I heard somewhere, possibly here, that Hasbro's teams are thinking of making an Imperial Shuttle. I think they said it would probably be an exclusive though. NOT TARGET......PLEASE! I would like to see the Republic Cruiser, too. And maybe some EU ships. Oh heck, let's just do 'em all!
    "Sometimes we are lucky enough to know our lives have been changed, to discard the old and embrace the new and run headlong down an immutable course."
    ~ Jacques Cousteau
    Great Traders: CowherPower

The only EU vehicle I would actually buy would be Bossk's Hound's Tooth, and then only if it was made roughly the size of Boba's Slave 1.

I'm hoping for an Imperial Shuttle, my Vader and Emperor are still waiting (and my claims of 'it's too expensive' are wearing a little thin!).

I saw on Toysrgus.com a prototype for a Blockade Runner from the ROTJ line, so that would be cool, too.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Gotta be the Imperial Shuttle, they got the molds and everything (I assume)..... its not as if nobody would buy it.

It must be the most oft mentioned of vehicles due for a new airing. Possibly even more than the B- wing, but who knows?
    [FONT=garamond]'Eternity is very long... especially towards the end.' - Woody Allen[/FONT]

I would like to see the Imperial Shuttle but that'll surely burn a big hole in my wallet.
    On a smaller version, I would like to see a Tie Defender, that'll be cool and supposedly, less costly.

Now if they do any more EU vehicles they really must make "The Moldy Crow", Kyle Katarns ship.

I'd definitly buy a Shuttle. Such a great and large ship, Hasbro can't help but re-make it sometime. I think they should even redo the Twin Pod Cloud Car. And it should come with TWO pilots. Sheesh, no way should we let Hasbro gip us on that.
    "Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast, and they be slow!"
    Check out my art at The Terrace Room!

Exclamation More!

Not just Hound's Tooth. I'd like the IG-2000, and Mist Hunter also. I also want the Virago made. A Jabba's Sail Barge would be cool, but HUGE! I want a Sandcrawler too. And Cloud Car. I want it all!
    "Sometimes we are lucky enough to know our lives have been changed, to discard the old and embrace the new and run headlong down an immutable course."
    ~ Jacques Cousteau
    Great Traders: CowherPower

I had read in the distant past that there was to have been a <choke> Target exclusive Twin Pod Cloud Car with, yes, one pilot. Presumably this would have allowed the release of a second, perhaps slightly different, Pilot on a card. Nothing further has surfaced on that one, so who knows. Though Target must be pleased with the exclusivity program. How often to you get a guarunteed sell out as a retailer.
    The Imperial Shuttle should be a shoe-in for the next release. The real detractor is Hasbro's recent facination with window boxing everything in sight. It looks wonderful but it is not really conducive to a piece that large. It needs the protection of a solidly constructed box with interior inserts for support. If one must have a pack-in figure, what would it be with this vehicle? Should it be an articulated Endor Han? An articulated "Pilot" Chewie (with headset)? A new Emperor? Perhaps a Dignitary to force even those like me who have their original vintage shuttle and therefore would not otherwise want one to have to buy one anyway just for the figure?
    One vehicle that is often forgotten in the realm of "they already have the mold" is the Sandcrawler. You are deluding yourself if you imagine one along the lines of Michael Fright's masterwork, in actual scale. But the vintage Radio Controlled Sandcrawler is quite a serviceable alternative to, say, NOTHING. I have one myself (sans control, but that did not matter to me) and though it is not remotely (no pun intended) accurate in scale, it is still an impressive piece, especially in the level of detail. Droid pack-ins would be most welcome. I think this would be a good way to release the multi-armed droid, the mine-sweeper droid and the rest that were offered to Owen Lars as they are not overly marketable and are rather cumbersome for carded release. (I was telling Sith Worm just the other day that it would be cool to have that mine-sweeper droid cast in translucent plastic (the dome part anyway) which is painted over in the gray/green of the shell except for two strips running the lenght of the dome, parallel to each other. Under the dome would be a mechanism with wheels which drive two bands in black and yellow at intervals which occur just under the unpainted stips of the dome. When the droid is rolled on its wheels, the strips give the illusion of lights under the shell lighting intermittently as in the movie. Yes, I give a LOT of thought to Star Wars toys and sometimes drive Mrs. JediCole insane.

Re: More!

Originally posted by PloKoon2385
    A Jabba's Sail Barge would be cool, but HUGE! I want a Sandcrawler too. And Cloud Car. I want it all!
    Maybe they could release Jabba's Barge in a couple of parts so that it wouldn't cost as much?
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Ooh! Great idea GNT! It could all start off with the Leia w/cannon!

Maybe it could come in two peices...a back end and front end, and inside would be enough space for a new ROTJ Jabba and several figures, it could all be connected with hinges. It should have "battle-damage" panels that pop off...ooh! This thing could be just as cool as the shuttle.
    "Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast, and they be slow!"
    Check out my art at The Terrace Room!

I'd like to see a better-looking TIE Fighter.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.