My New Garmin GPS...

Well, a while back my older Garmin Nüvi 760 was damaged, took a corner too fast and it slid off the dash, stupid non-skid friction mount.

Anyway, I finally bought a replacement, seeing as how my old one was no longer under warranty.

I bought a Nüvi 1450T with a larger 5 inch screen and advanced intersection/lane change.

I will be taking it with me on my long long long road trips over the next couple of weeks. TX to OH to MO to OK to CO to TX...almost 5,000 miles!

I will post a review later and let everyone know how I like the new GPS. I rather liked my old 760, but the lane change feature would have made it better.

I was also eligible for the new map update, so I am installing the new map as I type.
    May the force be with you.

i really thought that GPS units were the stupidest things. then i got one for a christmas gift a couple of years ago. after using it a couple of times to get to new places i'd not been before i'm sold. don't think i need one as an in-dash feature of a car, but i'll replace it if/when the current one wears out. because i'm not too sure about the life-span i've still been waffling on which method (lifetime updates v. individual purchased updates) to improve the maps.

I love the poi feature and downloading special poi's is VERY useful.

They even put out traffic cam and speed trap poi's that notify you ahead of time. Very useful and most traffic cams are in areas of high risk for traffic accidents.

I used to have a nation wide poi list of all TRU, Target, K-Mart, Wal-Mart, etc.

I need to download and install some poi's before my big trip. My new GPS uses a micro sd card, so I will need to buy a new one before I can load the poi's.

Newsbot has kindly provided SSG with a news report here. You can now get a SW voice for your GPS. I'd want either Palpatine or Poggle the Lesser for mine.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Newsbot has kindly provided SSG with a news report here. You can now get a SW voice for your GPS. I'd want either Palpatine or Poggle the Lesser for mine.
    Those are for TomTom's. This is a Garmin thread, now GTFO!

Quote Originally Posted by Newsbot, omniscient and all-knowing
    http://www.sirstevesguide.com/showth...orce-to-Behold

With Vader and Yoda, Garmin's Custom Voices are a Force to Behold

Looking to add a bit of personality to your compatible Garmin nüvi or zumo? If so, a custom voice is almost guaranteed to bring smiles for miles. Garmin has added a few new voices to their ever-growing collection of custom voices and free vehicle icons. For Star Wars fans, Garmin now have both good and evil represented in Darth Vader, who makes you never want to miss a turn, and Yoda, who would wisely say, ...
    Uh, my peepers may be old and failing, but I see the G-word in there.

My address?
    Bel-Cam Jos
    100 Crow Eaters Lane
    Apology, EX 241
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Uh, my peepers may be old and failing, but I see the G-word in there.

My address?
    Bel-Cam Jos
    100 Crow Eaters Lane
    Apology, EX 241
    Ooops, I missed the Newsbot post and assumed too much.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    Those are for TomTom's. This is a Garmin thread, now GTFO!
    I know you can get Homer Simpson's voice as well is that for TT?