Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Would You Buy The Dagobah Dragon Snake From The ESB?

I am starting a new thread series!

This series will now ONLY discuss the beast in the title of the thread (in this case The Dagobah Dragon Snake From The ESB - PICTURES BELOW).

It is time Hasbro returned to making a standard beast assortment for the toys for the 3 3/4" action figure line!

I will cover several unmade beasts for the toy line per week, choosing them from a rotating schedule through anything from the movies that still has not yet been polled for and a few from the Expanded Universe.

I'll order it ANH, ESB, ROTJ, TPM, AOTC, ROTS, and the EU, and then keep going back through the order in that manner.

So here I'm only asking you if you'd buy The Dagobah Dragon Snake From The ESB?

I'm not sure what the MSRP for the beasts should be - but I think there might very well be cause for there to be several price points.

The Dragon Snake could run in the $24 range, but isn't that complicated that it should cost any more. The Gelagrub Battle Pack actually features a creature that might be smaller though.

Do you think the beasts should include a figure to interact with them?

In the case of the Dagobah Dragon Snake, I'd recommend the muddy R2D2 from 2004 OTC be re-released if anything. Making a Dagobah Luke as seen in one of the pictures below could be a good selling point for some (but I don't count myself amongst this group unless it was a new Bespin-jacket-open-Dagobah Luke - a figure that ought to be carded in the first place).

However, I really want to say "No" to any pack-in figure myself, as most of us collectors already have the figures that go with these unmade beasts.

This beast should be large from head to tail - definitely longer than the Gelagrub. Maybe this one should be 2 whole feet in length. It could come unassembled in a window box that's divided so you can only see the front half of the body and the rest looks like it's below murky waters.

The forward arms with their clawed hands with webbed fingers ought to be articulated. The jaws should open and close. I'm afraid that making this beast to a scale that could swallow R2D2 might be difficult, but not impossible. Maybe it wouldn't be able to swallow R2, but rather hold him in its jaws?

The neck should be bendy material that's somehow poseable.

I don't think the beast needs any more features.

So do you want The Dagobah Dragon Snake From The ESB made?

What other features would you want on it?

Why would you NOT want it?

Other beasts from The ESB that we will not poll for have traditionally included Han and Luke's TaunTauns, and the Wampa Snow Monster.

There are at least two other beasts I can offer in polls from ESB, but the giant space slug will not be one of them I'm fairly sure. (Although one of those toddler exercise tunnels could work, as you could package it scrunched together and then expand it to swallow the BMF - but it's just not to my taste as far as quality control.)

Anyway, how do you think The Dagobah Dragon Snake From The ESB would sell if produced?

Where do you see the retail price going?

Below is what a Dagobah Dragon Snake looks like:

Please comment about any ESB beast discussed here, but especially the Dragon Snake.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	623px-Dragonsnake_TofG.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	52.0 KB 
ID:	23158   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	400px-SWAdventures3cover.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	23159   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	445px-Dragonsnake_AA.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	36.6 KB 
ID:	23160   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!BqzosV!BGk~$(KGrHqUOKiUEubhH+yNsBLw9z0vVe!~~_3.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	23161  
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

sorry Tycho but it's a Big NO for me..... plus I can see Hasbro giving us something along the lines of Dagobah Dragon Snake with Launching R2-D2 action......
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

As a token add-on to an X-Wing (like the Gh version) I would get one. However I would never buy on alone, as the size for it to "eat" R2-D2 (which is it's only play value), would make it too big to want on a shelf. I vote no.

Since we already got a Dagobah X-Wing, I don't see them doing another one anytime soon.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

The Dragon Snake is probably less essential than some other beasts because of what is seen on screen. I would probably buy a $30 large scale one along the lines of the TPM Opee Sea Killer. It should have a pack in figure (could be a deluxe battle pack with an ESB pilot Luke and a dirty R2) otherwise people wouldn't even recognize this as a Star Wars beast. Though it's the sort of beast that should be released at the same time as some other much better known beast so that the assortment can continue to move. Anyway, I don't think there are many beasts I wouldn't buy if done well so put me down as a yes.

As far as the other beasts go, I really do think we should poll for a new Tauntaun, the ones we've got just are not up to spec because they don't stand all that great thanks to the action feature the legs were given. The last Wampa we got was a pretty good one but it could be made to be a little more SA and since it's a relatively well known and action oriented beast it should sell alright.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

No.

no.

no.

no.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

You're all aware that they included one in the 2006 TRU exclusive Dagobah X-wing (the second one, after the 2002 version), right? It's on the small side, but it exists. Seeing as how it's barely in the film, I'm perfectly content with the one they already made. So I don't want another.

I wouldn't mind another Tauntaun, though.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    You're all aware that they included one in the 2006 TRU exclusive Dagobah X-wing (the second one, after the 2002 version), right? It's on the small side, but it exists. Seeing as how it's barely in the film, I'm perfectly content with the one they already made. So I don't want another.

I thought it was, but I didn't buy that version so I wasn't sure.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I want another Darth Vader action figure. After 15 years, I must have missed getting him.

It doesn't seem like they made enough of him.

[This is EXTREME sarcasm. Please ignore this post Hasbro.]

However, I do notice that while there are no Star Wars figures on the pegs in stores now, there are also no Darth Vader figures, nor have there been for a while (unless you count Sith Eyes Anakin labeled as E3 Darth Vader - but I meant the traditional Vader in armor actually).

I will poll for the TaunTaun later if that's what people want, but I won't be voting for it. What we've got is pretty good - and it's available on the shelf in a battle pack (with Luke Hoth and the Wampa ) in my Toys R Us right now.

I have 2 other creatures (not the Space Slug) in mind for ESB.

I am not in favor of another Wampa either, and I also don't see a lot of support for a poll for another one, but if anyone else out there wants one, speak up here and I'll poll for another Wampa later, after the TaunTaun, which will be after the never-made-before creatures that will come first.

Yes, I know they technically made the Dagobah Dragon Snake with the Big X-wing (Dagobah version) but it was way off-scale and less functional than the TaunTaun some here have complained about. The Dragon Snake would ultimately be the newest and most "different" creature Hasbro could make from ESB however - unless it's somehow decided to poll for the Giant Space Slug creature. (That's started to tempt me, too - as I know how to do this so the thing could actually "eat" the BMF and be sold in a package about the same size as the BMF or Shuttle Tyderium, yet extend to be 6-8 feet long! I'll save that for later.)
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post

Yeah and it's a lousy representation of the creature. Even if you ignore the EU illustrations and go simply based by what is on screen, you need a creature large enough to swallow R2 whole (notice, no teeth marks and therefore, not biting) and spit him out with enough force to eject him from the water and have him land several yards away. The piddly little creature that came with the x-wing can't even threaten an Ewok. Same as the Dianoga in the other thread. Just cause you don't see it on screen doesn't mean I'll accept just a sculpted lump of plastic smaller than the average figure.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

No interest here. Especially if it looks as ridiculous as those EU designs.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis