Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Would You Buy The Mandalorian Basilisk War Droid From KOTOR?

I am continuing my thread series.

This will discuss ONLY the vehicle in the title of the thread (in this case the Mandalorian Basilisk War Droid From KOTOR). PICTURES BELOW.

I will cover several unmade vehicles for the action figures per week, choosing them from a rotating schedule through anything from the movies that still has not yet been polled for and primarily the Expanded Universe.

I'll order it TPM, AOTC, and the EU, and then keep going back through the order in that manner. All possibilities from the Original Trilogy and ROTS have now been polled for and the results can be reviewed in the OT Vehicle Poll Discussion Thread in this forum. I'll create a PT Vehicle Poll Discussion Thread when the remaining choices left have all been covered.

So here I'm only asking you if you'd the Mandalorian Basilisk War Droid From KOTOR?

This ship (see pictures below) could be made for the $24 starfighter assortment which has successfully sold EU vehicles.

The combat chasis should be super-articulated and hold one Mandalorian Warrior in the saddle astride it. We'll need a Mandalorian with ball-jointed hips as a pack in for sure.

Other action figures that have now been made which would go with this droid include:

Mandalore (Fett Evolutions Box Set)
    Ulic Qel Droma
    Exar Kun
    Darth Revan
    Darth Malek
    Bastilla Shan (upcoming for 2011)
    HK-47
    HK-50

More might be:

Zayne Carrick
    Gryph (the Snivvian)
    Jarael
    Demagol
    more... (from TOTJ and KOTOR comics, and the KOTOR video games)

The War Droid could fire two spring-loaded missiles from its front.

The legs and grasping claws should be articulated and able to support the vehicle and pose it, as well as have the front pinchers grab enemies for destruction or live capture.

Do you remember the old Kenner Mini-Rig, the CAP-7 (I think it was named) ?
    The Mandalorian Basilisk War Droid could be very similar, though about 75% larger so that it is starfighter assortment size.

Do you want the Mandalorian Basilisk War Droid From KOTOR to be made?

What other features would you want on this?

Why would you NOT want it?

Would you like to see more figures from KOTOR, TOTJ, or both that interact with this piloted War Droid?

How do you think it would sell in light of the Clone Wars Animated Show featuring more Mandalorians? The cartoon characters could discover one or more of these War Droids as antiques and use them in battle. I could almost see Anakin riding one like a STAP.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Basilisk.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	23120   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	800px-Mandalorians_-_TEA.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	62.5 KB 
ID:	23121   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Basilisk_KOTORCG.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	23122   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	457px-Basilisk_war_droid.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	23123  
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

ABSOLUTELY YES !!!!! love the look of the design and would love to have a ride for Mandalore... plus it's in the Force Unleashed Video Game (Wii version)...
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

But not in the Xbox version of TFU and so it's a no for me. I don't even remember these things in either KOTOR games either.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Yes, I'd buy this one. I would buy more than one if it came with a random mandalorian warrior.

I think I would pass. Alot has been said in theses polls about not being very Star Warsy. This doesn't feel Star Wars to me. I don't think children would want it or parents would buy it.

I wouldn't want them to find it in Clone Wars either. What are the chances of finding a fully functioning 1000 year old machine? It reminds me when Wedge found the fully Functioning Jedi Starfigther in one of the Rogue Squadren games.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    I think I would pass. Alot has been said in theses polls about not being very Star Warsy. This doesn't feel Star Wars to me. I don't think children would want it or parents would buy it.

I wouldn't want them to find it in Clone Wars either. What are the chances of finding a fully functioning 1000 year old machine? It reminds me when Wedge found the fully Functioning Jedi Starfigther in one of the Rogue Squadren games.
    Except that was only one generation removed, like finding your dad's car from high school. A war droid from 1,000 years ago would be like hopping in a Roman chariot and taking it for a spin.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Wait, this isn't in the PS3 and XBox 360 versions of The Force Unleashed?

Well, that just dispelled the myth that those are superior machines.

In all seriousness, I might buy this, based on the price point and who comes with it. I'd ideally say $20 or less (you might even get away with doing it as a deluxe figure), with either no pack-in (if deluxe) or with Chop'aa.

(Really, I can't believe neither Chop'aa or the basilisk appear in the other versions.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Sadly, I'll probably buy Mandalorian anything.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

Quote Originally Posted by DarkJedi5 View Post
    Except that was only one generation removed, like finding your dad's car from high school. A war droid from 1,000 years ago would be like hopping in a Roman chariot and taking it for a spin.

Except you'd find your dad's car in perfect condition after a deserted crash landing in a semi-harsh environment.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Sorry bout the double post, my internet has been buggy today.