Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

1:6 Sideshow Gamorrean Guard!

Looks like I found the very first 12" Sideshow figure that I WILL buy.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=18145

Pre-order starts June 24th and the full product reveal is June 22nd.

I suspect the pricing will keep me from getting this. It looks good, but I can't see dropping anywhere near $100 on a Gam Guard figure, and that's a bummer. Half that and I'd be in, but Sideshow has largely left me behind with their numerous pricing increases.

That said, this looks good, but the eyes are wrong.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I fear the price as well.

After the $90 Greedo, nothing should surprise us, although the price of the last couple of trooper has been reasonable (at least compared to Greedo).

It looks great, but the other day while mowing, I had a urge to sell off my Sideshow collection. I originally wanted to set up a Jabba the Hutt display and have come to the conclusion that I may never have the room to do it. I'll probably hold off, hoping to one day have the room, but I may stop buying these figures for a while. Or at least until the droids and Fett are made.

Then again, I will probably pick this one up.

The fact that the SDCC exclusive is just a E2 Clone lieutenant really tweeks me.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    That said, this looks good, but the eyes are wrong.
    Well there is always going to have to be some creative license when sculpting these kinds of characters. Do you make them look exactly like they did in the movie and sculpt it looking like an actor wearing a mask? Or do you try to determine what the alien would "really" look like in the real world? In which, you can end up with eyes like on the vintage action figure that are too far apart, too large and too bulgy.

Knowing the directions they could have gone with the eyes, I think they found a good happy medium between the two extremes. The "wee, beady eyes" are actually one of the selling points of this headsculpt for me.

I plan to get two of these and then hold out hope that we might see an Ephant Mon (in one of their Q&As, Sideshow already confirmed that the design work for Ree-Yees, Tessek and Yak Face was complete, BTW). However, if the price is over $120, then I'll have to space out my purchases and try to find the second one on sale.

If I want an interpretation, I'll get the Hasbro version (which I did, on clearance, and it's not without charm) or a Gentle Giant animated statue. If I'm spending $100 and up for a film-accurate version, it shouldn't be interpreted beyond the intentions of the film version. Bottom line, these:
    http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...morrean-hd.jpg
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/sarasot...43720/sizes/o/
    don't need interpretation.

As for what was intended, there are mountains of aliens in SW and ROTJ with non-human eyes, if that's what the producers wanted for the Gamorreans, they would have done so, since they didn't, it has to be assumed they won't.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

It looks good, but I can't see dropping anywhere near $100 on a Gam Guard figure, and that's a bummer. Half that and I'd be in, but Sideshow has largely left me behind with their numerous pricing increases.
    Tack on an additional $10 to the price for the "Exclusive Edition" variant they are 99% likely to have.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

If I want an interpretation, I'll get the Hasbro version (which I did, on clearance, and it's not without charm) or a Gentle Giant animated statue. If I'm spending $100 and up for a film-accurate version, it shouldn't be interpreted beyond the intentions of the film version. Bottom line, these:
    http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...morrean-hd.jpg
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/sarasot...43720/sizes/o/
    don't need interpretation.

As for what was intended, there are mountains of aliens in SW and ROTJ with non-human eyes, if that's what the producers wanted for the Gamorreans, they would have done so, since they didn't, it has to be assumed they won't.
    So do you want more eye-whites or are Sideshow's eyes just too blue? I guess I'm not 100% sure what so inaccurate about the eyes on the figure. I can see that there is something off about them, but it's so not a deal breaker for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Malakite View Post
    Tack on an additional $10 to the price for the "Exclusive Edition" variant they are 99% likely to have.
    Exclusives generally aren't more expensive than standard editions, and the few that have been have been $5 more. But the Gamorrean is a big pig, so I'm guessing that'll be $125 minimum, and the exclusive will be free and something like the alternate axe design.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    So do you want more eye-whites or are Sideshow's eyes just too blue? I guess I'm not 100% sure what so inaccurate about the eyes on the figure. I can see that there is something off about them, but it's so not a deal breaker for me.
    They're too small, and too blue, but also too pinched at the bridge, too close together by a slight but noticeable amount. Or maybe I don't know what I'm talking about, but it does seem off. I definitely wouldn't call it a dealbreaker either, would I be willing to part with that much coin, but it'd drive me nuts at $100+.

Yeah, I hate to admit it...but their pricing will make or break my decision on prebooking this monster.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

Exclusives generally aren't more expensive than standard editions, and the few that have been have been $5 more. But the Gamorrean is a big pig, so I'm guessing that'll be $125 minimum, and the exclusive will be free and something like the alternate axe design.
    Maybe I'm thinking of either the higher end stuff (statues, dioramas, busts, etc.) or one of the other brands they do (Marvel, G.I. Joe), it all kind of blurs together with as much stuff as I enter on CollectionStation for Steve. I do know though that most of the stuff I've entered recently within the last two weeks on CS regarding Sideshow was averaging about a $10 difference between the normal and exclusive stuff and that 12" SW figures were amongst the stuff I recently updated.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection