Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Would You Buy Bail Organa's Airspeeder From ROTS?

I am continuing my 3 3/4" vehicle thread series.

This will discuss ONLY the vehicle in the title of the thread (in this case Bail Organa's Airspeeder From ROTS).

I will cover several unmade vehicles for the action figures per week, choosing them from a rotating schedule through the remaing movies that have vehicles left which were never made or polled for, as well as the Expanded Universe.

I'll order it TPM, AOTC, ROTS, EU, and then keep going back through the order in that manner.

So here I'm only asking you if you'd buy Bail Organa's Airspeeder From ROTS?

This would have be for the $24 star fighter assortment - probably.

This vehicle was different enough from Anakin's AOTC airspeeder he pursued Zam Wessel in that it would have to be an all-new sculpt. A red repaint would not work!

A pack-in figure of the speeder pilot Bail Organa in all black would be sweet. This could also work in a battlepack with 2-3 501st Clone Troopers and Zett Jucasa. (Bail wears an outfit for which a figure of him was already made (the the first ROTS one from 2005) when he rescues Yoda.) Hasbro could cut costs by packing in existing figures, but I need to state that for my own personal satisfaction, I want the cool wardrobe change that served as his airspeeder pilot costume.

This airspeeder vehicle need not do anything, that's why it's better off being in a battlepack as the craft would have no action features.

Do you want this made?

How do you think it would sell if produced?

Do you want to see it featured again in The Clone Wars to create further recognition?

This will be the last vehicle poll from ROTS. I'd originally forgotten about it. PT polls will continue for only a couple more weeks at the most, with the remaining options from TPM and AOTC. The Expanded Universe Polls still have a lot of exciting options.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I thought we already did this one? Anyway, yes, I want this one. Even though Bail doesn't sell well, I like his character and this is a pretty spiffy ship. I, too, want the speeder pilot figure, but I won't be crushed if they don't make him (and I'm counting on them not making him).

We did Anakin's airspeeder from ROTS. The craft he used to race from the Jedi Temple to Palpatine's office when the Sith Lord revealed himself and attacked Mace.

It won, and Hasbro could repaint it to also represent Obi-Wan's airspeeder he took to Padme's apartment just before he stowed away on her starskiff as she headed to Mustafar.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Eh, I'm on the fence. It's rocking the "Tucker" center headlight and front end styling, but it's a bit similar to Anakin's AOTC speeder. Also, it's really small.
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/XJ-2_airspeeder

I would buy this, but I would not campaign for it. So it's a lukewarm "yes".
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

It could come with the cloak-less Yoda with tracking device that everyone's been asking for all these years.

What? Really? Oh. My bad.

It would likely be a relatively inexpensive vehicle if it were figure-less, and decently-priced if it came with Bail or Bail and Yoda. I'm with JT in giving it a lukeskywarmer desire for it.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

It's not something I need, nor nessesarily want. But if done in a cinema scene, I might buy it.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I'd buy one. A battlepack would be the way to do this one. As Tycho mentioned, make it with an all new Bail and put in a couple of 501st clones, and you have a decent BP. I don't think it would be one that would fly off the shelves, like the Yavin hangar one did.

Not the most interesting ship left in ROTS but I'd get one.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Nah, there was nothing about Bail Organa's character that I found even remotely interesting, so this is a big time pass for me.

If it came with a baby Leia in a carseat (speederseat?) I'd buy it. Otherwise, no.