Millenium Falcon problem

Help me!

I've had my eye on the Costco exclusive RotJ Falcon, with Lando Calrissian General, the Sullustian guy, and the two Commandos. I have the original Playskool Falcon released in 2001. I have a friend who is a Star Wars fan like myself, and they are a member of Costco. If I gave her the money to buy the Falcon for me, do they charge extra on purchases? Or do you just pay to be a member, and there are no additional charges when you buy something? If it all works out, I'll just end up asking her if she wants to keep my original Falcon.
    I'm a white kid
    A straight up 'C'
    Don't hang around
    Those straight up 'G's

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha 315 View Post
    Help me!

I've had my eye on the Costco exclusive RotJ Falcon, with Lando Calrissian General, the Sullustian guy, and the two Commandos. I have the original Playskool Falcon released in 2001. I have a friend who is a Star Wars fan like myself, and they are a member of Costco. If I gave her the money to buy the Falcon for me, do they charge extra on purchases? Or do you just pay to be a member, and there are no additional charges when you buy something? If it all works out, I'll just end up asking her if she wants to keep my original Falcon.
    You can go in there with your friend and use their card, with them with you of course. They won't charge you anything extra. You can even sign up for a free trial membership and go buy it yourself. I'm not sure if you can get the free trial membership online or if you have to go in the store to request it. You may want to call them first. Good luck.

[FONT=Courier New]Membership is $45.00 per year (I think) and you can sign up as an individual nowadays.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]You can also order online from [/FONT][FONT=Courier New]www.costco.com[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] without a membership, but it appears that the MF set is no longer available online.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]As long as someone from your "group" has a membership card when you go in and when you check out at the registers, you don't have to be a member.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Alright, thanks!
    I'm a white kid
    A straight up 'C'
    Don't hang around
    Those straight up 'G's

Where in Alabama are you that your Costco still has Falcons? Are they still at the pre-Christmas discounts? I'm in Huntsville, and we're empty like the rest of the country.

That Lando Falcon set is about the only thing I'm missing. I think I passed on it because I was too discouraged by the entire line at the time* to bother begging somebody to go buy me a toy that's only available in a store I'm not allowed to shop at.

Tell me again how Wal-Mart got stuck with the repack Falcon, and Costco got this one?

*This was when TWO horrible Endor scenes were on shelves at the same time, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Stolen CCG License View Post
    ...a toy that's only available in a store I'm not allowed to shop at.
    [FONT=Courier New]Why aren't you allowed to shop at CostCo?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Maybe due to the membership requirement?

However, you can usually ask at the door if they'll let you look around. If not, go in the customer service door beside the exit, tell whoever's there that you're going to the eye doctor or the food counter, and simply sneak in. They also have one-day shopping passes, but they either charge for them or add a surcharge to the purchase.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Stolen CCG License View Post
    Where in Alabama are you that your Costco still has Falcons?
    Wetumpka has no Costco, but I'm sure the one in Pratville is drained. That's the only Costco (that I know of) that is local and within reasonable driving distance (ie 30 minutes, Wetumpka has a Wal-Mart, and that's about it).
    I'm a white kid
    A straight up 'C'
    Don't hang around
    Those straight up 'G's