Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast
    Not insisting it needs to be in, but the vehicle question was intended to possibly alleviate the necessity to have every large item as a store exclusive. For instance, the TIEs have been tough to find in some areas, and probably cost more than they need to. However, TIEs will always sell if the price is reasonable. If they ran an extra, possibly smaller, run each year (so as to avoid the tax issue), they could theoretically keep them on their website in generic packaging.

The joint thing may not be super-duper common, but I've had a Tessek, Snake Eyes, Biohazard Viper, and now Oola suffer from it. Thankfully, I was able to replace the Snake Eyes and Tessek almost immediately, and the Biohazard Viper was in a multipack I got on clearance for custom fodder, so that was no big deal.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Not insisting it needs to be in, but the vehicle question was intended to possibly alleviate the necessity to have every large item as a store exclusive. For instance, the TIEs have been tough to find in some areas, and probably cost more than they need to. However, TIEs will always sell if the price is reasonable. If they ran an extra, possibly smaller, run each year (so as to avoid the tax issue), they could theoretically keep them on their website in generic packaging.

The joint thing may not be super-duper common, but I've had a Tessek, Snake Eyes, Biohazard Viper, and now Oola suffer from it. Thankfully, I was able to replace the Snake Eyes and Tessek almost immediately, and the Biohazard Viper was in a multipack I got on clearance for custom fodder, so that was no big deal.
    The only large item lately that's been a store exclusive is the big wing TIE Fighter. The Falcon, AT-TE, Turbo Tank, AT-AT, and Clone Wars Y-wing Bomber have all been mass-retail, the market dictated how long their runs were.

The TIEs never sell, $40 is reasonable for the large wing format and yet there have been a mountain of clearanced ones every time. And a smaller run would raise the price, not lower it.

I've had some trouble with stuck joints in the past, a few Indiana Jones figures most recently. It's fairly uncommon so the answer is likely to be that they do their best.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    The only large item lately that's been a store exclusive is the big wing TIE Fighter. The Falcon, AT-TE, Turbo Tank, AT-AT, and Clone Wars Y-wing Bomber have all been mass-retail, the market dictated how long their runs were.
    The proper-scale X-Wing has only been a store exclusive since 1999, and the new AT-ST is also an exclusive. And, unless I miss my guess, the STAP's only been an exclusive since the red-box TPM release.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Oh, yes, that's true. I don't think any of those are making a strong case for your idea though.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    22. - Over the years, pretty much all of the core prequel heros and villains have gotten their own vehicles of some type to zoom around in and do battle, even some of the secondary Jedi characters. But a big exception is Asajj Ventress, who in the micro-series used the nifty and distinctive Ginivex-class Fanblade Starfighter, it's also been in some comics and books so that should break it out of Lucasfilm's "no micro-series items" edict. Starfighter-pricepoint vehicles are a big portion of Hasbro's Star Wars gameplan, and while the flow of new vehicles in it has been outstanding lately, there is definitely a mismatch of good-guy Republic starfighters to bad-guy CIS starfighters, with the CIS certainly not ruling the skies for kids and collectors. The vehicle is a unique design, built on a gimmick concept that also makes it fairly simple, mostly just a simple ball cockpit, very small engines, and the gimmick wing (Kenner even produced something similar in the early '90s with the Batman movie line Batjet this same size), so it might not be too difficult to deliver in the pricepoint. Bottom line, it's a new Starfighter vehicle, it has name character recognizability, it's a good co-sell to the large good guy library of vehicles, and it already is basically in the existing scale. Obviously, current entertainment would help a lot, but we don't know what the future holds in that regard. So, what are the chances of seeing Asajj Ventress' Fanblade Starfighter get added to the line in the future?
    So, I was just watching another CW season 3 promo over at starwars.com and saw what I'm pretty sure is Asajj's fanblade starfighter flying with the rest of a Separatist fleet. If so, do we want to punch up this question to make a future appearance in future entertainment less speculative? Below are a couple screen shots.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen shot 2010-08-11 at 4.12.18 PM.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	17.1 KB 
ID:	23474   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen shot 2010-08-11 at 4.14.27 PM.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	17.4 KB 
ID:	23475  
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

You gonna hate me, JT, if you don't already:

"From the neck down, the new Clone Wars Boba Fett could pass as a realistic figure, and is light years beyond the 2002 Attack of the Clones Boba. While we realize young Boba Fett probably isn't the highest priority, have you considered releasing an update of the young, movie version of Boba Fett using this body and a new head?"
    Tommy, close your eyes.

http://www.rebelscum.com/c5/hasbro2/image78.asp

http://www.rebelscum.com/c5/hasbro2/image88.asp

I see they are going to have a new Y Wing Pilot for the pilot figure pack and use the same figure sculpt as the B Wing Pilot/Ten Numb figure.

the rest of the remaining Y Wing Pilots from ROTJ that has not yet made.

I have a question you can pass it on and hasbro might answer this.

Will other Y Wing Pilots from ROTJ will have their own figure molds all new sculpt instead of use of a same sculpt from B Wing Pilot figures?
    All the characters from the Star Wars films needs to be made into figures especially Luke Snowspeeder pilot (new head without cap), Wedge Snowspeeder pilot and the rest of the X-Wings, Snowspeeders, Y-Wings and B-Wings pilots! Biggs Darklighter as X-Wing, all the Jedis and all the Skiff and Sail Barge Guards all needed improvement and movie accurate!

i also see there is the vintage style lando figure going to be re released again with two other figures of vintage collection luke bespin and the wing guard.

this time around will lando have a removable cape or will we see him again possible with retooling for ball jointed elbows and have a cape to be removable in the future figure line?
    All the characters from the Star Wars films needs to be made into figures especially Luke Snowspeeder pilot (new head without cap), Wedge Snowspeeder pilot and the rest of the X-Wings, Snowspeeders, Y-Wings and B-Wings pilots! Biggs Darklighter as X-Wing, all the Jedis and all the Skiff and Sail Barge Guards all needed improvement and movie accurate!

Why did you make the decision to go ahead with the ROTS Anakin/Vader figure when his arms went down to his knees (monkey arms)? Wouldn't this figure (like Wedge) have benefitted from a delay to really knock the sculpt out of the park, making a truly definitive Anakin/Vader?

Ok, so first things first. I've just finished transcribing the Q&A Steve did with Hasbro at Celebration V. It's not published yet, but since we're just 2 days away from sending in questions, I feel it's best to get these off the list ASAP so folks can get their votes refunded and used for something else.

The following questions have been stricken:

If you voted for these questions, consider yourself refunded 1 vote per stricken question.

And thanks to everybody for your patience and understanding in this situation. It's rather unusual to have 15 out of the 25 questions answered in the course of a month, I know, but it's worth a little extra effort on our parts.