Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 134
  1. #11
    I don't think it means they won't do any more background characters. The Mon Calamari dancer is just so, so obscure - you literally can't even tell that there are any in the film, as it really just looks like some ribbon floating through the bubble. So they're just not considering her for now. Sorry about that, though.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

  2. #12

  3. #13
    Here's one that I'm not sure about even proposing, since it's technically out of Hasbro's hands, I think.

    "Is there a way Hasbro can exert more control over the handling of store exclusives in the future? For instance, Wal-Mart is notorious for heavily shipping items to some stores, while others get none. (With the upcoming Jabba the Hutt, many collectors have already expressed concern that they may be unable to find such a high-demand item.) Target, on the other hand, generally has more even distribution, but sometimes places items on clearance within a few weeks of receiving them. (In the case of the Wedge X-Wing, Target stores across the country received them in the 3rd quarter of 2009, almost immediately removed them from shelves for several months, then put them back on the floor, for up to 75% off, in June 2010.) And Toys R Us always seems to be either completely swamped with an item, or it's next to impossible to find it--just ask anyone who's looking for the Expanded Universe wave of Build-A-Droid figures.
    While we're not against the idea of exclusives at all, it would be nice if the stores had some policies regarding the exclusives that were consistent across the board, or even within a particular retailer. Is it in Hasbro's power to ask this of them in the future?"
    Tommy, close your eyes.

  4. #14
    Howsabout:

    *In the past, street dates have helped to hold back items until they can all be released together simultaneously, which helps to build excitement for upcoming releases. This worked well for the prequels and The Clone Wars movie, aside from a few stores that released products early. Now, products from The Vintage Collection and the blue "shadows of the Dark Side" packaging are under orders to not be sold until the week of August 6. However, several retailers (both in-store and online) put these items on shelves as early as June. Is anything being done to punish the retailers that sell the products early, or is it really their own choice? And why, exactly, was a hard street date chosen for this fall, a time when there really isn't anything to promote? Isn't it better to just sell the products as they reach stores instead of having them sit in the back room for several weeks while other stores sell the items early?

    This may have to be all past-tense, depending on if/when it gets asked.

    And another one, while I'm at it:

    *We've seen several C-3PO figures over the years, but there's one relatively distinct version that has yet to be done - a proper battle-damaged version from The Empire Strikes Back. After he gets blown to bits on Cloud City, Goldenrod has a prominent blast mark on his chest, perhaps seen best while R2-D2 repairs him aboard the Falcon. Of course, such a figure would also have to feature a left leg removable at the knee (so Threepio could properly complain about everyone's "delusions of grandeur"), and a removable right foot as well. So, how about it? Is this version on your radar at all?
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

  5. #15
    Questions 13 - 16 added.

    I'd like to point out that this round is going to be especially difficult to handle, since it passes right through Comic-Con. As such, if you feel something is not being addressed in a timely fashion, please PM me about it. And please vote, more votes mean less editorial choices for me to fuss with.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Talking in another thread inspired this question:

    *So far, we've seen modern (or semi-modern) updates to all the vintage Ewoks except for Lumat. Thanks to retcons and EU murkiness, however, this situation is needlessly complicated - now, the official word is that Lumat is a black-and-white striped Ewok, and that the tan Ewok formerly known as Lumat has no canon name. An Ewok that suspiciously looks like the vintage Lumat figure - from the expression, to the shape of the hood, to the bows and arrows - was released in different colors as Graak back in 2007 (colors that, coincidentally, are also that of the "new" Lumat character). That said, what will become of Lumat? Was the Graak figure originally supposed to be Lumat? Will we see a tan and brown repaint of the Graak figure to fully update the original? Will the Ewok formerly known as Lumat get some kind of new name - perhaps an unpronouncable, artist-formerly-known-as-Prince-inspired symbol?
    Alright, I'll add that.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChukhaTrok76 View Post
    Yeeahhh...how 'bout that Lumat??? I'd vote for this question.
    Then I will count your vote for #13.


    Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Looks like we're not getting a Wicket/Kneesa 2-pack:
    1) In recently revealed case assortment details, we see Wicket is listed as coming with Kneesaa - can you confirm this? If so, you'll be making many fans very happy. Did you include a second figure because collectors have previously stated that a single Ewok might not do well at retail because of its perceived value?

    Answer: Unfortunately, Kneesaa was dropped due to some production issues; we did not replace Kneesaa with another figure. Instead, Wicket is comes with his movie version poncho as well as a version inspired by his animated series appearance. He is a very cool figure.

    I'm not exactly sure which site this question came from though. I just found it on RS.
    DroidsAndEwoks.weebly.com


    Quote Originally Posted by Cane_Adiss View Post
    New question:

    In response to your answer in the latest Q&A regarding the disappointing fate of the Mon Calamari female dancer figure, and in light of there being few "background" characters left from ROTS that have some significant fan backing, does this mean that we will likely not see more background characters from Revenge of the Sith made? From here on out will this film be mined primarily for redo's of main characters, Clone repaints and droid retreads?

    This question was crafted out of sheer frustration (and possible desperation, ) generated by the MOST disappointing news the Q&A has ever given me. Hasbro got my hopes way up back in '07 for a Mon Cal dancer, saying she was "on the bubble" for release in the next few years. Now, it looks like I'll have to wait several more years for her to even be considered.

    I think I'm asking a pretty general question however and it isn't just about this particular figure, so it could be useful to gain insight on how Hasbro views this particular film.
    Hasbro's original answer to us about the Mon Cal dancer wasn't about background characters, but just about her. Stuff changes, and their new answer is too specific to apply to anything else. Can you give me examples of ROTS background characters that have significant fan backing though? That could sway me on this.


    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Here's one that I'm not sure about even proposing, since it's technically out of Hasbro's hands, I think.

    "Is there a way Hasbro can exert more control over the handling of store exclusives in the future? For instance, Wal-Mart is notorious for heavily shipping items to some stores, while others get none. (With the upcoming Jabba the Hutt, many collectors have already expressed concern that they may be unable to find such a high-demand item.) Target, on the other hand, generally has more even distribution, but sometimes places items on clearance within a few weeks of receiving them. (In the case of the Wedge X-Wing, Target stores across the country received them in the 3rd quarter of 2009, almost immediately removed them from shelves for several months, then put them back on the floor, for up to 75% off, in June 2010.) And Toys R Us always seems to be either completely swamped with an item, or it's next to impossible to find it--just ask anyone who's looking for the Expanded Universe wave of Build-A-Droid figures.
    While we're not against the idea of exclusives at all, it would be nice if the stores had some policies regarding the exclusives that were consistent across the board, or even within a particular retailer. Is it in Hasbro's power to ask this of them in the future?"
    I'll add this on a trial basis for now, though I rewrote it since I know they already try to do this.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Howsabout:

    *In the past, street dates have helped to hold back items until they can all be released together simultaneously, which helps to build excitement for upcoming releases. This worked well for the prequels and The Clone Wars movie, aside from a few stores that released products early. Now, products from The Vintage Collection and the blue "shadows of the Dark Side" packaging are under orders to not be sold until the week of August 6. However, several retailers (both in-store and online) put these items on shelves as early as June. Is anything being done to punish the retailers that sell the products early, or is it really their own choice? And why, exactly, was a hard street date chosen for this fall, a time when there really isn't anything to promote? Isn't it better to just sell the products as they reach stores instead of having them sit in the back room for several weeks while other stores sell the items early?

    This may have to be all past-tense, depending on if/when it gets asked.
    I may ask it at Comic-Con, but I'll put it on the list anyway.

    I'm not sure of the thrust of the question, I don't think punishing the stores that break with the street dates is really what we're concerned with, is it? I know they have contractual powers to enforce, LEGO came down on K-mart in '99 for releasing Ep 1 sets early, but it's rarely enforced since it's hard to prove intent.

    Anyway, I reworked it because it's become a pattern and I'm curious about the larger decision-making behind that pattern, not just this year's version of it.

    And another one, while I'm at it:

    *We've seen several C-3PO figures over the years, but there's one relatively distinct version that has yet to be done - a proper battle-damaged version from The Empire Strikes Back. After he gets blown to bits on Cloud City, Goldenrod has a prominent blast mark on his chest, perhaps seen best while R2-D2 repairs him aboard the Falcon. Of course, such a figure would also have to feature a left leg removable at the knee (so Threepio could properly complain about everyone's "delusions of grandeur"), and a removable right foot as well. So, how about it? Is this version on your radar at all?
    Added.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  6. #16
    [FONT=Courier New]I haven't voted in a while, not sure why -- probably just busy with work...[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Anywho...[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]My votes are for:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]#1 Magnetic feet. (I love this idea...)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]# 6 CW vehicles/OT vehicles.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]#14 Exclusives. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I wish the question was a little rougher on WM and Hasbro because in Portland, at least in my experience, a WM Star Wars exclusive is something I will NEVER see. I don't know what it is about WM, but they completely BUNGLE it so I don't even bother with WM anymore. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]On the flip side, if it's a TRU Star Wars exclusive, I will see it for MONTHS. With the exception of the EU LC figures (I found what I wanted even though they were gone in a flash), I never have a problem finding a TRU exclusive. And because of this, I am over the moon that the Rise of Boba Fett UBP is a TRU exclusive which means it will not be a chore to find it and get it.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]#15 Street Dates.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I was at TRU at lunch time today and one of the employees graciously pulled a case of the Vintage figures for me so I could get Dak, Leia, and Luke and I asked him about the street dates and he said that he had put them aside as directed by the boxes and the Hasbro rep called him and told him to ignore the street dates and put them out. I really want to know the answer to this one and I am very much in favor of the spirit of the question in terms of "sell the new stuff as it comes in because it's been suck-***** lame for too long". I am paraphrasing of course.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

  7. #17
    I'll vote for 13, 14, 15, and 16.

    In #15, I'm not sure why you added the part about the 2008 release being arbitrary - it was a month before The Clone Wars movie came out, and was pretty obviously done to coincide with that. And I can argue that the Legacy Collection stuff was put out then so non-animated collectors would have something to get excited about, to know that Hasbro wasn't forgetting them. The current one is the one that makes little to no sense.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I'll add this on a trial basis for now, though I rewrote it since I know they already try to do this.
    Kudos to you; this is why you're in charge of the wording and not me.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

  9. #19
    Well, just going off of Rebelscum's current figure poll, I'd say other background characters with significant fan support include:

    Merumeru
    Coleman Kcaj
    Tikkes / Senator Tundra Dowmeia
    GH-7 & EW-3 Midwife Droids
    BD-3000 "Betty Bot"
    Senator Bana Bremu
    Queen Apailana
    Senator Fang Zar (shudder)

    Plus a couple other unique aliens (and personal favorites) that didn't quite make the poll such as Eeusu Estornii and Veedaaz Awmetth.

    In my mind this is about as deep as Hasbro can concievably go into the background of ROTS. While there are definitely more than what I listed, the polls at Rebelscum have generally been a good indicator of overall fan interest. Since the Mon Cal dancer placed in that poll I would say that shows significant fan support, and if Hasbro doesn't think she has much "clout" than what does that say about the rest of them? Now I will admit she placed slightly below average in this poll. But the line isn't ending anytime soon (knock on wood) and Hasbro can only do so many hero and trooper retreads (I suppose not entirely true). I just would like to hear what Hasbro has to say about their plans for this movie in the line going forward.

    The upcoming Vintage wave seems destined to be the last truly ROTS dedicated wave in the line - and it's all core heros and villains. The previous three ROTS waves in recent memory (two from Legacy and one from TAC) had fan-requested background figures that really tanked at retail, (I'm looking at you Colton, Breha and Po Nudo) so perhaps that demonstrates that backgrounders from ROTS just regularly underperform to the extent the Hasbro isn't considering any more for a long while. Even if there is initial fan support. I just want to hear them confirm that suspicion.
    Most wanted "bottom-of-the-barrel scrapes": ANH: Kal'Falnl C'ndros, Revwien (concept art), Tzizvvt ESB: Wiorkettle, Treva Horme ROTJ: Cane Adiss, Loje Nella TPM: Edcel Bar Gane AOTC: Rogwa Wodrata ROTS: Mon Calamari Dancer, Veedaaz Awmetth, Eeusu Estornii EU: Guri (red outfit), Ket Maliss

  10. #20
    my votes for now:

    12, 14, 16

    thanks!
    Most wanted "bottom-of-the-barrel scrapes": ANH: Kal'Falnl C'ndros, Revwien (concept art), Tzizvvt ESB: Wiorkettle, Treva Horme ROTJ: Cane Adiss, Loje Nella TPM: Edcel Bar Gane AOTC: Rogwa Wodrata ROTS: Mon Calamari Dancer, Veedaaz Awmetth, Eeusu Estornii EU: Guri (red outfit), Ket Maliss

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO