Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 134
  1. #21
    They released Merumeru already. Aside from Tarfull, Chewie, and Itchy, all Wookiees at the Battle of Kashyyyk look exactly the same.

    Another reason Ewoks are cooler.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    They released Merumeru already. Aside from Tarfull, Chewie, and Itchy, all Wookiees at the Battle of Kashyyyk look exactly the same.

    Another reason Ewoks are cooler.
    No, they haven't actually. The Wookiee warriors they've released are similar to Merumeru but the armor, fur and weapons have subtle differences. Here is the description given in the Rebelscum poll:

    Merumeru is one of the Wookiee elders that led the battle against the droid forces on Kashyyyk. Specifically, Merumeru led the beachfront defense, and is seen prominently as the Wookie to stand-up and rally his troops as the battle begins. Like the other Wookiee elders, Merumeru wears a crested head dress. The only shot we have of him is his rallying cry, and in this scene he appears to be holding a pole arm of some sort, he is also wearing shoulder armor and a forearm shield on his right arm. Like the ewok figures, each Wookiee is unique and therefore really requires new sculpts for each one. Another action-scene oriented figure, articulation would be key!

    Like you stated, the Wookiee's are so similar it is hard to tell them apart even though there are differences. I think because this one has a name he was able to get more support. I think what fans really are looking forward to though is a truly SA Wookiee warrior and that's what this guy represents.

    I myself am not a huge fan of the Wookiee subset of figures and don't care if this one is made or not.
    Most wanted "bottom-of-the-barrel scrapes": ANH: Kal'Falnl C'ndros, Revwien (concept art), Tzizvvt ESB: Wiorkettle, Treva Horme ROTJ: Cane Adiss, Loje Nella TPM: Edcel Bar Gane AOTC: Rogwa Wodrata ROTS: Mon Calamari Dancer, Veedaaz Awmetth, Eeusu Estornii EU: Guri (red outfit), Ket Maliss

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by vger View Post
    9, 10 for now
    Adding 16 to my votes.

  4. #24
    I was kidding.

    Except the part about the Ewoks being cooler than the Wookiees.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

  5. #25

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Except the part about the Ewoks being cooler than the Wookiees.
    At least the Ewoks had some believable (if somewhat ineffective) battle strategies. Instead of the "stand up, wave your arms up in the air like a giant target, then run head first into a barrage of computer-controlled laser fire" tactics of the Wookiees.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    At least the Ewoks had some believable (if somewhat ineffective) battle strategies. Instead of the "stand up, wave your arms up in the air like a giant target, then run head first into a barrage of computer-controlled laser fire" tactics of the Wookiees.
    Honestly, (and I know this is another thing you'll disagree with me on BigBarada so I'll just go ahead and be blunt) I think both sequences were equally dumb. I never understood the need to tie Kashyyyk into the prequels. We didn't need to see where Chewbacca came from or that he somehow knew Yoda personally (what a coincidence ). The action sequences were too busy and you couldn't tell the good ships/droids from the bad it was just so much going on at once. Just a totally forgettable part of the saga. Oh and for some reason, Chewbacca's facial structure just looked totally off to me. Like somehow the shape of his skull and mouth changed in the time between ROTS and ANH.

    As for the Ewoks, they were just unconvincing as a threat to a "legion of my (Emperor's) best troops" and yeah even though they were more of a distraction than an actual fighting force, the whole sequence just (to me) seemed overly campy and played for humor and awww-cuteness. But it wasn't just them, even the core characters were just as difficult to watch on Endor, especially Han.
    Most wanted "bottom-of-the-barrel scrapes": ANH: Kal'Falnl C'ndros, Revwien (concept art), Tzizvvt ESB: Wiorkettle, Treva Horme ROTJ: Cane Adiss, Loje Nella TPM: Edcel Bar Gane AOTC: Rogwa Wodrata ROTS: Mon Calamari Dancer, Veedaaz Awmetth, Eeusu Estornii EU: Guri (red outfit), Ket Maliss

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Cane_Adiss View Post
    Honestly, (and I know this is another thing you'll disagree with me on BigBarada so I'll just go ahead and be blunt) I think both sequences were equally dumb. I never understood the need to tie Kashyyyk into the prequels. We didn't need to see where Chewbacca came from or that he somehow knew Yoda personally (what a coincidence ). The action sequences were too busy and you couldn't tell the good ships/droids from the bad it was just so much going on at once. Just a totally forgettable part of the saga. Oh and for some reason, Chewbacca's facial structure just looked totally off to me. Like somehow the shape of his skull and mouth changed in the time between ROTS and ANH.

    As for the Ewoks, they were just unconvincing as a threat to a "legion of my (Emperor's) best troops" and yeah even though they were more of a distraction than an actual fighting force, the whole sequence just (to me) seemed overly campy and played for humor and awww-cuteness. But it wasn't just them, even the core characters were just as difficult to watch on Endor, especially Han.
    Well, of course they were both dumb, but the Endor battle was at least entertaining. Especially observing the various ways to kill an AT-ST. It was also critical to the plot of the film, unlike the Kashyykk battle. Which we're told is an important system that the Republic can't lose control of; but it's never explained WHY it's so important. Plus, it was so unnecessary to the overall plot of ROTS that I don't even remember if the Wookiees won or lost the battle.

    I also agree that Chewbacca looked funky in ROTS and the whole thing with him and Yoda was beyond dumb, especially since the relationship was never followed up on in the OT.

    I still want some better Wookiee figures though.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Well, of course they were both dumb, but the Endor battle was at least entertaining. Especially observing the various ways to kill an AT-ST. It was also critical to the plot of the film, unlike the Kashyykk battle. Which we're told is an important system that the Republic can't lose control of; but it's never explained WHY it's so important. Plus, it was so unnecessary to the overall plot of ROTS that I don't even remember if the Wookiees won or lost the battle.

    I also agree that Chewbacca looked funky in ROTS and the whole thing with him and Yoda was beyond dumb, especially since the relationship was never followed up on in the OT.

    I still want some better Wookiee figures though.
    To me, the Kashyyyk battle is also at least "entertaining" since it's an interesting-looking planet and there are some cool ships there (ie, the turbo tank). And I love the two Wookiees flying down to blow up the tank droid. They don't really show the end of the battle or who wins, as the focus moves to Yoda and how he escapes, and how the clones are looking for him. As a plot device, it helped further the idea of the Clone Wars being spread throughout the galaxy and showed how different cultures dealt with it.

    Chewie does indeed look a bit strange in ROTS, though. I think they gave him more lip articulation, which was a bizarre, unnecessary choice. The eyes are also "off" a bit. But it's worse and more obvious in production photography; in the film, he doesn't bother me much.

  10. #30
    The official site says:

    During the time of the Galactic Republic, the Wookiee homeworld of Kashyyyk was represented in the Galactic Senate by a number of Wookiee potentates. Loyal to the Republic, Kashyyyk was of prime strategic importance, serving as a major navigational point for the entire southwestern quadrant of the galaxy. This made it a target of the Confederacy, who invaded Kashyyyk during the Clone Wars. Republic forces, under the command of Yoda, were dispatched to protect the Wookiee homeworld. Yoda had fostered a good relationship with the Wookiees over his many years, and they trusted his leadership. Jedi, clones and Wookiee forces fought fiercely to protect the tree cities of Kashyyyk.

    So there you go. Maybe someone can write an Expanded Universe story expanding Yoda's adventures with the Wookies? Maybe even someone on this very message board!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO