Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maerj2000 View Post
    The official site says:

During the time of the Galactic Republic, the Wookiee homeworld of Kashyyyk was represented in the Galactic Senate by a number of Wookiee potentates. Loyal to the Republic, Kashyyyk was of prime strategic importance, serving as a major navigational point for the entire southwestern quadrant of the galaxy. This made it a target of the Confederacy, who invaded Kashyyyk during the Clone Wars. Republic forces, under the command of Yoda, were dispatched to protect the Wookiee homeworld. Yoda had fostered a good relationship with the Wookiees over his many years, and they trusted his leadership. Jedi, clones and Wookiee forces fought fiercely to protect the tree cities of Kashyyyk.

So there you go. Maybe someone can write an Expanded Universe story expanding Yoda's adventures with the Wookies? Maybe even someone on this very message board!
    It didn't show up onscreen for ROTS, thus is it irrelevant. Besides that little blurb was most likely written after the fact to cover up the "why the heck do the Jedi suddenly care about Wookiees?" plot hole.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Since it wasn't onscreen it doesn't count? Then what's the point of discussing it at all? There can be no answer to this then according to those rules. Maybe it was just an excuse to show the Wookie's planet and sneak in Chewie into the movie? So what? It was fun seeing him and getting to see a bit of the planet outside of the Holiday Special.

Quote Originally Posted by Maerj2000 View Post
    Oh okay. Sorry I didn't know what your rules were as far as discussions like this go. Since it wasn't discussed onscreen I guess there can be no answer to this then.
    Yes, exactly my point. It's simply one of the many flaws in the plot of the film.

That being said, I still do find the scene enjoyable (just not as satisfying of a movie going experience as the Endor battle), and some new, non-crappy Wookiee figures are still at the very top of my prequel wishlist.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Does it really matter why Kashyyyk is important? The Jedi should already know why, and they wouldn't need to tell each other. Movies don't have time to explain absolutely everything or they run the risk of getting bogged down in boring minutiae. We know that it is important, and that's enough here.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Wow. Wow, we're uh, we're really arguing about the fictional battles of Endor and Kashyyk? Hmm. I-I don't really care one way or the other myself. BUT, for the nerd record here, the "Young Jedi" novellas, which admittedly came out before ROTS, but are set after the Battle of Endor, has Kashyyk playing an important place as a major shipping planet of computers and hyperdrives and spaceship parts, and it had long been an important trade route. The Wookies are manufactures of these things. That could be another reason they were important?...as for the Ewoks, they wear the heads and bones of their enemies! And just for the record I'd rather die from a quick laser burn to the heart from a wookie blaster than impaled on a wooden spear with a crudely fashioned stone tip or crushed by a big ol' redwood...tree. Because that's how the Ewoks play: not well with others! But I digress. They're both cutesy bear-things. Wait, what were we discussing? Girls, right? Yeah, I like 'em. Also, Ewoks are better.
    "Dengar Ewoks!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Does it really matter why Kashyyyk is important? The Jedi should already know why, and they wouldn't need to tell each other. Movies don't have time to explain absolutely everything or they run the risk of getting bogged down in boring minutiae. We know that it is important, and that's enough here.
    It doesn't matter if the Jedi know why it is important, the audience needs to know if they are going to be engaged in the story and actually care about what is going on onscreen.

Quote Originally Posted by ChukhaTrok76 View Post
    Wow. Wow, we're uh, we're really arguing about the fictional battles of Endor and Kashyyk? Hmm. I-I don't really care one way or the other myself. BUT, for the nerd record here, the "Young Jedi" novellas, which admittedly came out before ROTS, but are set after the Battle of Endor, has Kashyyk playing an important place as a major shipping planet of computers and hyperdrives and spaceship parts, and it had long been an important trade route. The Wookies are manufactures of these things. That could be another reason they were important?...as for the Ewoks, they wear the heads and bones of their enemies! And just for the record I'd rather die from a quick laser burn to the heart from a wookie blaster than impaled on a wooden spear with a crudely fashioned stone tip or crushed by a big ol' redwood...tree. Because that's how the Ewoks play: not well with others! But I digress. They're both cutesy bear-things. Wait, what were we discussing? Girls, right? Yeah, I like 'em. Also, Ewoks are better.
    I'm discussing the two battles as plot elements in their respective films and how successful those plot elements are in progressing the overall story. I'm not sure what everyone else is arguing.

I vote for the following : 1, 6, 10, & 11.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

also have a new question to add... feel free to re-word it as you see fit:

2010 has seen some Great Clone Wars figures... Darth Sidious, TX-20, Hondo, Aayla Secura etc however distrubution on these figures has been very poor in some areas. (have yet to even see signs of this wave in NJ or even NY). with the new packaging out on the shevles now we will see this wave repacked on the Blue Sky design or will this wave be similiar to the Expanded Universe wave at TRU where it's first come first served and never to see the light of day again.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    also have a new question to add... feel free to re-word it as you see fit:

2010 has seen some Great Clone Wars figures... Darth Sidious, TX-20, Hondo, Aayla Secura etc however distrubution on these figures has been very poor in some areas. (have yet to even see signs of this wave in NJ or even NY). with the new packaging out on the shevles now we will see this wave repacked on the Blue Sky design or will this wave be similiar to the Expanded Universe wave at TRU where it's first come first served and never to see the light of day again.
    I would vote for this.
    I think you can add that for any item, clone wars, Expanded Universe, Galactic Heroes..... Distrubution this year is as bad as I can ever remember.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-