Very sad find at TRU

I was in the TRU in East Brunswick, NJ today, and found these abominations on the shelf:

I don't know if I'm angrier at the idiots in the store who actually took these back, or the loser who STOLE the figures, then returned this garbage.

I remember when people were swapping out regualr clones to steal the 501st troops from the K-Mart 5 pack - at least that was a plausible substitution. This....I just can't come up with the correct words for it. For my sake, I'm glad I didn't want these, but I feel sorry for the poor collector who needs these and finds them, or even worse, the unsuspecting parent.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0624101217-01new.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	23197   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0624101217-02new.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	19.7 KB 
ID:	23198   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0624101217-03.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	23199   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0624101217-00.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	23200  
    "I take orders from just one person - ME!"

You should have pointed them out to an employee. I used to see this sort of thing all the time, but haven't now for a while. But why in the hell would someone take every figure in that set except for PROXY? That doesn't make much sense.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Unfortunately, the managers at that TRU have NEVER been collector friendly, going back to 1995 when the figures first came out. The employees were never willing to help out (save for the one middle-aged scalper who knows the workers and who goes in there and loads his cart every so often - that, and the occasional parent with kids, one of whom years back admitted to my face that she was selling the toys, but I won't get into THAT story again). I just figured, why bother, since they weren't gonna care what I had to say anyway.
    "I take orders from just one person - ME!"

That's really bad. Someone should buy these and then sue TRU for selling them.

The last time I returned a figure, the employee spent a few beats studying the cardback before ensuring the figure in the bubble was the right one. I didn't think about it at the time because it just felt like she was burning my daylight, but in hindsight that is definitely what she was doing. So after only a decade of this, they're finally starting to think about it. Doesn't save the poor chump who buys those packs though.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

At least they put some figures back. I already told about the first time I found the TFU packs and the Stormtroopers were stolen. Well I was at K-Mart the other day and all of the BAD parts were gone.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Thumbs down

HOLY CRAP! I was at TRU in Totowa, NJ a few weeks ago and saw that someone did the EXACT same thing to this set. SAME FIGURES EXAXCTLY! I told a worker about it, and he took them off the shelf. BUT IT WAS THE SAME FIGURES THAT WERE SWAPPED INTO THE BOXES. I wonder if it was the same boxes. Sup wit dat? I wish I took a pic so I could post it.

Quote Originally Posted by tagmac View Post
    I was in the TRU in East Brunswick, NJ today, and found these abominations on the shelf:

I don't know if I'm angrier at the idiots in the store who actually took these back, or the loser who STOLE the figures, then returned this garbage.

I remember when people were swapping out regualr clones to steal the 501st troops from the K-Mart 5 pack - at least that was a plausible substitution. This....I just can't come up with the correct words for it. For my sake, I'm glad I didn't want these, but I feel sorry for the poor collector who needs these and finds them, or even worse, the unsuspecting parent.
    So you're telling me those aren't the correct figures for that set?
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis