Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    From what I can tell, it's the same Slave 1 outer mold. Why add all those extra features and cram it into the original small frame? Seems like Hasbro missed the perfect oppertunity to create a new Slave 1 and completely missed the boat.

And if it is a bigger mold, than they didn't make it big enough. I can't understand why they removed some of the features of the AOTC version that wouldn't have interfered with their new features.

The only new features they made that I like are going back to the revloving cockpit, and the holding pen for a future Han in Carbinite. Other than that, the open area is too small, especially when seen next to figures, the loading ramp leads nowhere, and why put a smugglers hold in an area where you have to remove have the hull?

Another thing, does Hasbro not realize that we are still in a down economy, no matter what the pundits say? This is either the second or third big ticket item for Star Wars that will come out this Christmas season. My guess is that Hasbro will make money, but sales for the items will be down, as people will be forced to pick between one item or the other. Then Hasbro will discontinue things like Big vehicles since the numbers say they don't support it.

This is, in my opinion, a disappointment. It ruins my opinion of what an OT version would look like. That being said, I'm sure I'll pick it up if it's under 100 dollars.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

[FONT=Courier New]Unless this is over $150.00, this release is a no-brainer for me. I was just thinking last night about the older version of the Slave I in storage and how I am going to unload it to my nephews or another kid (family friend) if the rumors of a new Slave I panned out.[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]Looks like I need to see who has room for it.[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]I'm not 100% sold on the paint job for Mace's JSF, but I like the value of how much we're getting in this UBP and since it's a TRU exclusive, that means I will see it and be able to get it. I wish the Kit Fisto JSF wasn't a WM exclusive, because I want that one too, but oh well.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I am really getting excited again for SW toys![/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    All I want from this set is the Bossk figure and I'm kind of annoyed that I would have to buy two vehicles and four figures I don't even want just to get him. Ah, well, I guess I can pick Bossk up on Ebay or wait a year or so for Hasbro to release him single carded.
    Maybe we could work something out, all I want this set for is the Slave I. And actually, I'm a little peeved at the fact that there is so much weathering. It's very distinctly a CW version of the Slave I and I'm not sure that I'd like it for an AOTC version.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    From what I can tell, it's the same Slave 1 outer mold. Why add all those extra features and cram it into the original small frame? Seems like Hasbro missed the perfect oppertunity to create a new Slave 1 and completely missed the boat.

And if it is a bigger mold, than they didn't make it big enough. I can't understand why they removed some of the features of the AOTC version that wouldn't have interfered with their new features.
    It's definitely a new mold. The box says it's over 18" long, and the 2002 version was about 14" long. Here is the vintage/SOTE/POTF2 mold, and here is the Saga/OTC mold. The new one has opening sides and a rotating cockpit like the vintage one, but its profile is more similar to the 2002 one.

And what features did they remove? The back of the box shows that it has "bomb-dropping action" and firing missiles, though they're in different places. Those were really the only features on the 2002 one, aside from the rotating little button thing that showed the homing beacon.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkJedi5
    Maybe we could work something out, all I want this set for is the Slave I. And actually, I'm a little peeved at the fact that there is so much weathering. It's very distinctly a CW version of the Slave I and I'm not sure that I'd like it for an AOTC version.
    The 2002 one has basically the same amount of weathering (as seen in the above link) - was that too much for you as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    It's definitely a new mold. The box says it's over 18" long, and the 2002 version was about 14" long. Here is the vintage/SOTE/POTF2 mold, and here is the Saga/OTC mold. The new one has opening sides and a rotating cockpit like the vintage one, but its profile is more similar to the 2002 one.
    I'll have to take your word on the size, but like I said, if it is a bigger mold, they dropped the ball. The picture with Bossk and Fett looks as if Bossk can't stand up straight in it. I would have preferred the loading ramp lead into the ship rather than lead into a dead end in exchange for whats essentially a walk-in closet. Dont' get me wrong, it looks fine. It's just not what I was hoping for.

And what features did they remove? The back of the box shows that it has "bomb-dropping action" and firing missiles, though they're in different places. Those were really the only features on the 2002 one, aside from the rotating little button thing that showed the homing beacon.
    The firing missle one was the one I was talking about, but I didn't see the back of the box picture.

I would rather have this in ESB colors, especially since it will cost more here with a Jedi Starfighter than alone with adult Boba Fett. But it's possible that we never see it in ESB colors. Of course this battle pack lead me to suggest a ESB/SOTE battle pack with a starfighter version of IG-2000.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

It's notably wider than the originals in terms of scale, the others are narrower in scale as well as shorter. So this is a bigger Slave I, it's not merely scaled up from the previous versions.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Note to self: before speculating on who will carry an item, look closely in the pics for obvious stickers that answer the question.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute
    The firing missle one was the one I was talking about, but I didn't see the back of the box picture.
    That's why I linked to the picture in my post.

Along with the inflated size on the mold, I can't wait to see the inflated price on the UBP TRU hits us with. I'll wait for the ESB paint job version you know will be coming down the pipeline. I don't need another starfighter, nor Anakin nor Mace.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

I am also worried about the price on this one. I really want it, and hopefully a sweet ESB release in the future, but I don't collect any of the animated clone wars stuff. The line is fine, I just have yet to touch anything that doesn't fit in with the movie figures and so far have avoided all of the figures and jedi star fighters.

This to me feels like a ploy to get some of the movie collectors on the sidelines into the animated style and I don't appreciate it. Especially since every figure and vehicle in the set would have stood on its own just fine. Bottom line for me is that the ship looks awesome, I would take one for sure, but something spectacular in the pricing is needed to push it over the line for me.
    "Not again, Obi Wan is going to kill me."