Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    This is a really welcome surprise. Since TF the new mold slave-1 has only been a rumor, now seeing it's confirmed. I love it. The battle pack itself is awesome. Buty the price worries me, and with it being a TRU exclusive, instead of $50-70 this might well be $100-140. Which is killing me, as said before the set is awesome.

I actually made a deal with my son, we each pay half, I get the new Slave-1, Boba Fett and Bossk, and he get's the Mace's JSF and the remaining figures. He's already saving his allaowance. By the time this set come's out here in Pgh, PA, he might be able to by 2 with money left over.
    "I'm a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango Fett

LET'S GO PENS!!!! LET'S GO PENS!!!!

Jangu, that's messed up, you're totally getting the better side of that deal. What a ripoff! Nice job!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Actually, it was my sons idea. He's not a fan of Boba Fett. He more into the Jedi and Droids. So, yeah, this works out great.
    "I'm a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango Fett

LET'S GO PENS!!!! LET'S GO PENS!!!!

Could it be possible that maybe there might be more to the Slave I's release this fall? In general I don't think Hasbro has ever released a brand new vehicle to one store before, especially bundled with other things. Usually vehicles exclusive to one store are repaints. Off the top of my head I can think of only the AT-ST and the Octo droid.

Could it be possible that maybe the Slave I could be up for its own release and not just stuck in a battle pack? Seems odd to limit so much sculpting dollars to one store in one format...eh but then again what do I know.
    "Not again, Obi Wan is going to kill me."

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Marble View Post
    Could it be possible that maybe there might be more to the Slave I's release this fall? In general I don't think Hasbro has ever released a brand new vehicle to one store before, especially bundled with other things. Usually vehicles exclusive to one store are repaints. Off the top of my head I can think of only the AT-ST and the Octo droid.

Could it be possible that maybe the Slave I could be up for its own release and not just stuck in a battle pack? Seems odd to limit so much sculpting dollars to one store in one format...eh but then again what do I know.
    I think they'd be looking at recouping their sculpting dollars by eventually re-releasing it in ESB colors, though they said that wouldn't be for at least a few years.

Even if we ask, and after they officially confirm it, I bet they'll say that this is the only way to get the ship, so that people will be sure to buy it. This sort of reminds me of what Lego did with Anakin's podracer back in 1999 - it was released by itself with a few extra parts, and also with two other podracers and a bunch more minifigures. So it's not out of the question that Hasbro could do something similar here, but I wouldn't bet on it.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

A site asked them about OT colors, they said not for a few years. If they were being intentionally dishonest, that would be grounds for an SEC fine (they are not allowed to intentionally lie in public statements since that could affect investor strength, and while this is minor, Hasbro is very careful about such legal things).

[FONT=Times New Roman]Lichtgeschwindigkeit.de: With all the rumors flying around, let's assume we will get an updated SLAVE I in Clone Wars deco. Can we assume to see a SLAVE I in ESB paint deco at a later date? And would it include a Han in carbonite as a tribute to the Vintage release?
    Hasbro: You are correct in assuming that if a new Slave I was coming, it would be in Clone Wars deco given the appearance in the Clone Wars series. As to whether another one (perhaps in EpV deco) was to come later, it would have to depend on how the first one did. The EpV version would also likely be a few years off in the future.[/FONT]

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Didn't they lie about a then-rumored remake of the Millennium Falcon?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Didn't they lie about a then-rumored remake of the Millennium Falcon?
    I think we covered that in the BMF thread but they never said anything that was outright untrue. At most they tried to mislead with vague statements, but nothing they said was a lie.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

These prices are getting out of hand. Personally I don't think it should be over even $100. I saw the new vehicle assortment in TRU today at 27.99 and just had to laugh "not today buddy". I am beyond the point of collecting, I buy for my kid, I get enough of my SW fix that way these days. But seriously, these toys are not an investment, they are toys, and all though we may get a "nostalgic high" of this stuff, it shouldn't cost as much as drugs.....

They did not lie, they made statements vague enough that they could be open to interpretation, but they did not outright say they would not/were not to make one.

Here, just read the Falcon portions of this post, it addresses their "lies" about the Falcon already: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/sho...596#post712596