Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    excited to see this set and get one but really hoping that they sell the figures and Slave 1 seperately as well... for some (me included) $150 is a large price tag.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Have to agree with you guys on this price gouging...it's going to stop at Hasbro's end or I'm going to stop collecting SW, and put that $$$towards a nice Hot Toys 1/6th scale collectible figure. I know people who shelled out $10 plus tax for vintage at TRU & I just shook my head...I'm incredulous. I have a child, a mortgage, etc. etc. & enough is enough.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    A site asked them about OT colors, they said not for a few years. If they were being intentionally dishonest, that would be grounds for an SEC fine (they are not allowed to intentionally lie in public statements since that could affect investor strength, and while this is minor, Hasbro is very careful about such legal things).

[FONT=Times New Roman]Lichtgeschwindigkeit.de: With all the rumors flying around, let's assume we will get an updated SLAVE I in Clone Wars deco. Can we assume to see a SLAVE I in ESB paint deco at a later date? And would it include a Han in carbonite as a tribute to the Vintage release?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Hasbro: You are correct in assuming that if a new Slave I was coming, it would be in Clone Wars deco given the appearance in the Clone Wars series. As to whether another one (perhaps in EpV deco) was to come later, it would have to depend on how the first one did. The EpV version would also likely be a few years off in the future.[/FONT]
    They said it would likely be a few years off. If they got any more vauge about the possibility of a EpV Slave 1, they would have had to answer the question with one word - maybe.

If this UBP is $150, I'd say the chances of the EpV version are slim and none as a lot of people are going to be put off by the price. Even $100 might be a little much when it's compared to the AT-AT. Guess we'll have to wait and see the price in a few weeks.

I've gotta say that if this set were to retail for $100 and sit on a shelf next to the BAT-AT, that I think most people would consider it the better deal. You get two action oriented vehicles and then five figures (two of which are all-new and one is a unique repaint, I believe). The BAT-AT includes one figure (which is what, like three years old now?) and a small vehicle. The BAT-AT, while it includes launch-able missiles, isn't an "action-oriented" ship, it doesn't whoosh around it clanks about... slowly.

At $150 I think the Slave I looses, it's got way more stuff in it but at $50 more, it's out of a lot of kids' price ranges and to be honest, that's the CW line's main target. I assume that this set will come out around November or late October so that it's got time to percolate before the holiday rush but even then, I don't remember getting many $150 Christmas presents when I was a kid.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Is the $150 price tag right???? Or is everyone just rounding up on my earlier "TRU Exclusive Price"??? If that $150 is the actual price, I don't see alot of these BP selling. Or any for that set and price. Everyone would most likely get the larger AT-AT. I can't see this being no more than $80-$100, but even that is pushing it, although I can see TRU slapping a extra $10 to the price, being their own exclusive.
    "I'm a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango Fett

LET'S GO PENS!!!! LET'S GO PENS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jangu Fett View Post
    Is the $150 price tag right???? Or is everyone just rounding up on my earlier "TRU Exclusive Price"??? If that $150 is the actual price, I don't see alot of these BP selling. Or any for that set and price. Everyone would most likely get the larger AT-AT. I can't see this being no more than $80-$100, but even that is pushing it, although I can see TRU slapping a extra $10 to the price, being their own exclusive.
    People are just assuming. I assume the price will be revealed at Comic Con or CV.

Quote Originally Posted by morpheus282 View Post
    They said it would likely be a few years off. If they got any more vauge about the possibility of a EpV Slave 1, they would have had to answer the question with one word - maybe.
    They're not allowed to intentionally mislead in that way either. That's why when they have something planned but don't want to say anything, you'll get a "no comment" (they also "no comment" legal things like the Tonnika sisters, but they do it in a different way). If you compare it to the answers they gave for the BMF when they were trying to hide its existence, you'll see they are misleading there in a different way. This OT Slave I answer would affect sales and thus have an impact on investing, so they'd be a lot more careful about it. I could be wrong, but I really don't think so, the evidence is pretty strong.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    No on another Boba release:

Though it's odd, as this one is based on the outfit he wore in Death Trap, which had the least amount of Slave I action. So I wonder if we'll get the Dollars Trilogy poncho version later; I wouldn't doubt it.
    My latest catalogue from brianstoys has a pre-order and picture of CW wave 7. It depicts boba with a green vest and jetpack and twin blasters with holsters. There is no pic for the pre-order on the site but it is oddly in the catalogue. Wish I could provide a scan but I'm not that computer savy. Maybe someone else can?
    [FONT='Times New Roman'][/FONT]

Well, Yakface is reporting that this BP has been spotted in California and Arizona. And the bad news, it's $100.
    "I'm a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango Fett

LET'S GO PENS!!!! LET'S GO PENS!!!!

It's a large vehicle, a $25 vehicle, and 5 figures, so I can't say I'm surprised. But I also can't say for sure I'll buy it either. I'd hunt for it, but I have something coming up right now.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.