Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

The Rise of Boba Fett - Includes NEW Slave I!

Sandtroopers has pics - talk about an Ultimate Battle Pack! It includes a new Slave I, Mace Windu's Jedi Starfighter, Anakin, Mace, Boba, Bossk, and R8-B7 figures. It's a TRU exclusive, so I imagine the pricing will be ridiculous, but this is too damn cool to care. The Slave I looks to include a rotating cockpit for three (standing) figures, an open middle, and accurate sonic charges, among other things. And it's over 18" long, which is quite a bit larger than the previous versions.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Sandtroopers has pics - talk about an Ultimate Battle Pack! It includes a new Slave I, Mace Windu's Jedi Starfighter, Anakin, Mace, Boba, Bossk, and R8-B7 figures. It's a TRU exclusive, so I imagine the pricing will be ridiculous, but this is too damn cool to care. The Slave I looks to include a rotating cockpit for three (standing) figures, an open middle, and accurate sonic charges, among other things. And it's over 18" long, which is quite a bit larger than the previous versions.
    Looks pretty good. I will consider getting this if it is easy enough to order from their website.

If you look carefully, the box says "Ultimate Battle Packs" which leads me to believe there is more than one. Might the other one be an OT version?

Interesting way to go about releasing it, I must say. That's going to be a doozy of an UBP there, and I imagine it won't be the only way Fett and Bossk are released. Wonder if a "smaller" release will be available, too.

I'm going to go ahead and wager this will be a Target exclusive, like the other UBP's in various lines so far. Wonder if it'll go like hotcakes (like the SW UBPs) or wind up on major clearance (like the GIJoe one).
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I'm going to go ahead and wager this will be a Target exclusive, like the other UBP's in various lines so far. Wonder if it'll go like hotcakes (like the SW UBPs) or wind up on major clearance (like the GIJoe one).
    i'm gonna say JJL is correct that it's TRU, since thats what the sticker says.

Looks great! Will be hard explaining to the wife why I need to get this especially with two versions already in the house. Can't really say it's for the kids since they already play with those anyway.

Any idea what the pricetag will be?

Here's a quick estimate:

5 figures, usually average about $8 each = $40.
    Slave I = $50 (very conservative, TRU would probably charge closer to $70)
    Jedi Starfighter = $25.

Adds up to $115, add on the TRU exlusive jump in price of about %25 = additional $28.75 for a total of $143.75. Round up to a nice dollar amount and take one penny off for Jedi Mind Trick pricing = $149.99.

Sounds about right for a TRU exlusive of this size. Therefore, I probably won't be able to fit it in the budget. What does everyone else think? Too high?

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    If you look carefully, the box says "Ultimate Battle Packs" which leads me to believe there is more than one. Might the other one be an OT version?
    Yakface was reporting a pair of Hoth-themed sets - one with a turret, and one with an AT-ST, each with two figures. This pretty well matches up with what Hasbro has said about a Hoth repaint of the Walmart AT-ST coming, and the clean-shaven Hoth Rebel Trooper variant coming in some kind of special set. No official news yet, though.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    Interesting way to go about releasing it, I must say. That's going to be a doozy of an UBP there, and I imagine it won't be the only way Fett and Bossk are released. Wonder if a "smaller" release will be available, too.
    No on another Boba release:
    JediInsider.com: Now that the season 2 finale for the Clone Wars animated series has come and gone, can you tell us if a new Boba Fett figure for Clone Wars will be released soon?
    Hasbro: A new Clone Wars Boba Fett figure is in the works. However, it will be available only in a very special pack later this Fall…stay tuned for info that will be released at Celebration V.
    Though it's odd, as this one is based on the outfit he wore in Death Trap, which had the least amount of Slave I action. So I wonder if we'll get the Dollars Trilogy poncho version later; I wouldn't doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by mtriv73
    I couldn't care less about the new Jedi starfighters and I have enough Bossks. The Anakin is borderline ridiculous since he's pegwarming like crazy and everyone who could possibly want one has one by now. I was really hoping Slave one would be released as a stand alone ship. If this is the only way it's coming out, I'll be passing. That's a shame too, because I was really looking forward to an upgraded Slave-1.

Then again, as much as the tooling for the new ship is costing them, they couldn't possibly make it back just selling it in over-priced battle packs. Hopefully, it will see an individual release and I shouldn't give up hope yet.
    Well, the Bossk is in the animated style, so it's unique among the other Bossk figures. Anakin isn't pegwarming in my area, and this is the space suit version anyway, which has more articulation and is more accurate to the show (though they could do something about that grin, which seems out of place here). I'm not sure on a re-release, but who knows. An OT version sometime down the line is basically a given.

I'm interested in hearing the rest of their plans for the remainder of the year. We already know about several exclusives, though there are fewer than last year (that we know of so far). TRU is getting Kul Teska, Nikto Guard, and this set, in addition to the vintage packaging AT-AT (which can basically be ignored unless you're into packaging variants); Walmart is getting Jabba and Kit's Starfighter; Target has nothing we've seen yet but could end up with a second Geonosis Arena Showdown wave, even though the first seems to be replenishing and languishing everywhere; and Kmart has Jodo Kast. Then, of course, all the non-exclusive stuff. It's a fair amount, but not quite like last year, which had a lot of exclusives spread all throughout the year.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

All I want from this set is the Bossk figure and I'm kind of annoyed that I would have to buy two vehicles and four figures I don't even want just to get him. Ah, well, I guess I can pick Bossk up on Ebay or wait a year or so for Hasbro to release him single carded.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

From what I can tell, it's the same Slave 1 outer mold. Why add all those extra features and cram it into the original small frame? Seems like Hasbro missed the perfect oppertunity to create a new Slave 1 and completely missed the boat.

And if it is a bigger mold, than they didn't make it big enough. I can't understand why they removed some of the features of the AOTC version that wouldn't have interfered with their new features.

The only new features they made that I like are going back to the revloving cockpit, and the holding pen for a future Han in Carbinite. Other than that, the open area is too small, especially when seen next to figures, the loading ramp leads nowhere, and why put a smugglers hold in an area where you have to remove have the hull?

Another thing, does Hasbro not realize that we are still in a down economy, no matter what the pundits say? This is either the second or third big ticket item for Star Wars that will come out this Christmas season. My guess is that Hasbro will make money, but sales for the items will be down, as people will be forced to pick between one item or the other. Then Hasbro will discontinue things like Big vehicles since the numbers say they don't support it.

This is, in my opinion, a disappointment. It ruins my opinion of what an OT version would look like. That being said, I'm sure I'll pick it up if it's under 100 dollars.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    All I want from this set is the Bossk figure and I'm kind of annoyed that I would have to buy two vehicles and four figures I don't even want just to get him. Ah, well, I guess I can pick Bossk up on Ebay or wait a year or so for Hasbro to release him single carded.
    Maybe we could work something out, all I want this set for is the Slave I. And actually, I'm a little peeved at the fact that there is so much weathering. It's very distinctly a CW version of the Slave I and I'm not sure that I'd like it for an AOTC version.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.