Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My bad. I just get so passionate about Ewoks, my judgment went right out the window.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post

I'm also relieved that Hasbro isn't using the results of the last Fan Choice poll as a set-in-stone roadmap for the future of the line. Although, it almost sounds like they would rather run another Fan Choice poll with pre-selected choices like in the past.
    Maybe they're thinking if they run another one they might get a more accurate poll. Their response to me seems like they didn't like the way the last poll went (maybe I'm reading that into it) Though I don't know if I like pre-selected choices.

I certainly would like to see a Clegg. a new Barris and any of the movie figures they want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    Maybe they're thinking if they run another one they might get a more accurate poll. Their response to me seems like they didn't like the way the last poll went (maybe I'm reading that into it) Though I don't know if I like pre-selected choices.

I certainly would like to see a Clegg. a new Barris and any of the movie figures they want to do.
    The last poll didn't have pre-selected choices, all the fan sites sent in ranked lists and those were combined to make the final poll selections.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    A ROTS vulture droid repaint is coming out - nice.
    I didn't see where this was confirmed... what site asked this question? (I can never keep track because it seems there are always sites dropped and added every month)
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    The last poll didn't have pre-selected choices, all the fan sites sent in ranked lists and those were combined to make the final poll selections.
    I know JT. Though I haven't been around lately, I was here for the last poll and participated. I was responding to Big B's mentioning that they had polls in the past with pre-selected choices.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkJedi5 View Post
    I didn't see where this was confirmed... what site asked this question? (I can never keep track because it seems there are always sites dropped and added every month)
    That answer was kind of off the mark. They asked if there was going to be an Episode 1 (tan) Vulture Droid repaint, and Hasbro responded with an ROTS one.

CreatureCantina.com: Now that we’ve got a kicking new Starfighter-scale Vulture Droid sculpt, might you re-release it in the Episode I colour scheme some time down the road? - Beedo Sookcool, staff writer and liker of swarms of things
    Hasbro: Yes indeed, we do have plans for an Ep. III Vulture Droid deco down the road. Glad you like it!

That answer was kind of off the mark. They asked if there was going to be an Episode 1 (tan) Vulture Droid repaint, and Hasbro responded with an ROTS one.

CreatureCantina.com: Now that we’ve got a kicking new Starfighter-scale Vulture Droid sculpt, might you re-release it in the Episode I colour scheme some time down the road? - Beedo Sookcool, staff writer and liker of swarms of things
    Hasbro: Yes indeed, we do have plans for an Ep. III Vulture Droid deco down the road. Glad you like it!
    What a terrible answer. I hope that's a typo because as far as I can tell the previously released version is identical to what a ROTS Vulture droid would look like. Though, after reading around, I found a lot of misspellings and grammatical errors in this batch of responses... perhaps they were thrown together without double checking them? In which case, is it possible that was a typo and there really is a TPM version in the pipe? I bought two of the previous release, you could put me down for two more in TPM colors if that's the case....
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

I know JT. Though I haven't been around lately, I was here for the last poll and participated. I was responding to Big B's mentioning that they had polls in the past with pre-selected choices.
    Oh sorry, I didn't follow the thread properly. Well, now we've got confirmation?

I noticed that too, actually I noticed it at Disneyland on Saturday, they have the toy in a display case and after reading the answer you just cited, I let them convince me the existing one was the Ep 3 colors and seeing it at Disneyland the next day reminded me otherwise, to which I said "well, I guess they typed too many 'I's."

Quote Originally Posted by DarkJedi5 View Post
    What a terrible answer. I hope that's a typo because as far as I can tell the previously released version is identical to what a ROTS Vulture droid would look like. Though, after reading around, I found a lot of misspellings and grammatical errors in this batch of responses... perhaps they were thrown together without double checking them? In which case, is it possible that was a typo and there really is a TPM version in the pipe? I bought two of the previous release, you could put me down for two more in TPM colors if that's the case....
    The questions often come in with simple errors, typing "EP III" instead of "EP I" is pretty bad and if I were at CreatureCantina, I would ask Hunter PR (they are our go-between) to get clarification right away (which often works), but I'm fairly confident they meant Ep I. With 60 questions per round, and a full load of work, and the need to delegate questions across the whole SW team then gather them up, I don't hold it against them that there are typos now and then, and I usually correct them when they are our answers for clarity's sake. If you read the GI Joe or Transformers Q&A answers (yes, redundancy there, I know ) you don't see as many typos but you see far less quality and honesty in the answers, so I accept the trade-off.

I'm sure they always meant to do the Ep 1 vulture droid color scheme and just released the Clone Wars one first to get the tooling budget paid for. They love to repaint the $25-pricepoint vehicles because they are popular sellers. I personally don't know if I'll buy another super Vulture Droid in those colors though, it's an ok toy but while I dug the brownish-green versions back in the day, they are a little old-school for my tastes now, and I prefer the smaller Ep 1 line's size against the Naboo Fighter (plus, the wings on the Ep 1 are set more centered than the Ep 3 version). It might come down to deco for me though, the Ep 1 needs weathering to stand out for me.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Well, the Clone Wars vulture droid is actually a bit different from the ROTS version - pictures are out there, but the most obvious difference is that the Separatist logos on the ROTS version are much smaller and in a different part of the wing. It's a great ship so I'll be glad to have whichever version they repaint it to be.

Minor differences won't help sell another one of these, especially a movie version without weathering.