Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Would You Buy The Krayyt Dragon From ANH?

I have started a new thread series!

This series will now ONLY discuss the beast in the title of the thread (in this case The Krayyt Dragon From ANH).

It is time Hasbro returned to making a standard beast assortment for the toys for the 3 3/4" action figure line!

I will cover several unmade beasts for the toy line per week, choosing them from a rotating schedule through anything from the movies that still has not yet been polled for and a few from the Expanded Universe.

I'll order it ANH, ESB, ROTJ, TPM, AOTC, ROTS, and the EU, and then keep going back through the order in that manner. (Caveat: right now the focus will be on the OT because there are still some vehicles I haven't covered from the PT and those films have selections you can vote on).

So here I'm only asking you if you'd buy The Krayyt Dragon From ANH?

This beast is going to be complicated.

For one: only the skeleton appeared in the actual movie (see image with C-3PO below). And for that reason, the skeleton must be included in the package. Now you can post that you'd prefer just the skeleton with some sort of battlepack with perhaps a bantha and a landspeeder, the escape pod, etc. - but please be specific. Also make sure you comment about whether you want the EU expansion on the beast also pictured below.

The EU version that expands upon this beast is going to be large. The box, though smaller width-wise and height-wise, could be as long as the TurboTank's, or an even better comparison might be the Hasbro Electronic Lightsaber line's shipping carton size (the ones you actually see stocked on the shelves in the store).

The EU is not very consistant on the length of the tail for a Krayyt Dragon.

In my mind, and by judging by the skeleton seen in the movie, I think this creature could resemble a carnivorous brontosaurus. A fault I find with the skeleton in the 1977 movie is that there is no evidence of legs on this creature. That skeleton might have well have been from a giant snake or "sand eel." But all the EU pictures show a Krayyt Dragon has legs.

OK - so articulate the legs at the hip joints. That's all that's necessary. However, some pictures show up to 6 pairs of legs on the Krayt Dragon!!! Actually, this is awesome (eat that Avatar!). I'd prefer that version: "the Greater Krayt Dragon." Now there are 4 legged versions that have been drawn. Please specify which you'd want.

A bendy-style tail might work well here.

The opening / snapping jaw should be offered as it was with Boga or the acklay beast.

A Tusken Raider would be the most appropriate pack-in figure, though C-3PO has a good (if boring) case for why he should be there.

I'm not sure what the MSRP for this beasts should be - but I think $30 at the most could still be fair. Add $5 more for a pack-in figure like a re-release of the 2003 Campfire Tusken Raider (I always liked that one and softgoods cost more, so I'm not going to campaign for the VOTC Raider). But I don't think this needs a pack-in. You either want it or you don't.

So do you want The Krayyt Dragon From ANH to be made?

How do you want it to be offered? (and PLEASE answer by including your thoughts on the actual "fleshed-out beast," whether you want it or not.) I would insist any fleshed-out "live beast" would also include the skeleton seen in the movie. Having the beast and no way to get the skeleton is NOT an option!

Why would you NOT want this?

How do you think it would sell if produced?

Since a live Krayyt Dragon is appearing in the Clone Wars cartoon, do you think it will help this creature's chances?

BTW - I suppose you can post if you would like this to be an animated version of the beast, but it still must come with the movie version of the skeleton EXCEPT if Hasbro is offering the movie skeleton in some other format. Remember, this poll is a submission for the ANH category.

Since ANH traditionally only has a few beasts:

Jabba
    Dewback
    Ronto
    Dianoga
    Womprats / Desert Scurriers

I need to get creative to find movie offerings for these polls. There are actually a few more I could do that are not mentioned above. Maybe I'll surprise you?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Young_Krayt_Dragon.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	23229   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	164351601_0ae34aa6c1.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	23230   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	250px-Dooku%27s_Krayt_Dragon.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	23231   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	800px-Kraytbones.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	23232   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	800px-GreaterKrayt-WOSW.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	76.3 KB 
ID:	23233  

BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Naw, I don't really want this. The skeleton itself would be huge, expensive, and boring. And I have no need for an EU version, either.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I'd love to have one, I'm a big creature fan so the more the merrier as far as I'm concerned. I'd like both the living and skeletal versions.

I'd love to see a big creature line of figures for not just Star Wars but other films as well. Godzilla, Zillo Beast, Cloverfield creature, etc. Don't know if they'd ever do it but I'd buy them if they did.

I think that the Clone Wars appearance would help the chances for this getting made. Pretty much anything in Clone Wars has a good chance of getting made.

I wouldn't want/need a pack in figure to raise the price. It wouldn't deter me from buying it but I don't need one either.

I'd love to have a Jerba creature from ANH as well, you should add that to the ANH list at the bottom of your post.

Greater Krayyt would never happen. Those things are Sando Aqua Monster big. They require financing over a 30 year term.

I wouldn't mind having a Lesser Krayyt, though. Count me as a yes for that. For the skeleton by itself, though.... If I have to include it, can the rest of the Krayyt maybe snap around it if they can pull it off so it doesn't look like an oversized Happy Meal toy?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Bottom of the barrell here. Uhhh...the only thing I'd come close to wanting is the skeleton but then I'd really need an actual sand diorama to put it in. Just meh really. Wouldn't be bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by Maerj2000 View Post

I'd love to have a Jerba creature from ANH as well, you should add that to the ANH list at the bottom of your post.
    I'll have to look up the jerba. It might be one of the ones I'm already thinking of for ANH's creature polls.

You didn't mean "gerbil," right? I'm not aware of Richard Gere making any cameo appearances in Star Wars.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I'll have to look up the jerba. It might be one of the ones I'm already thinking of for ANH's creature polls.

You didn't mean "gerbil," right? I'm not aware of Richard Gere making any cameo appearances in Star Wars.
    Didn't say Richard just his lil friend!

Anyway, for more jerba info:

http://www.starwarsaficionado.com/f/...F_TATOOINE.pdf

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jerba

I'm torn on this one. On one side, I would love to have the chance to buy one, but I'm not sure I would. I would only want the skeleton version. I want one in a battle pack and I don't care if it's an ultimate battle pack or a smaller version. However, it would have to have a great pack in. Something like a landspeeder, a Sandcrawler, a ronto, and a dewback.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

The skeleton could come like the Build-A-Droid or mini holograms as pack-ins. From an entire line of figs, though.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Those Krayyt Dragon designs don't look very Star Wars like, I think this would only work as a pile of bones. Even then, I doubt I would buy it.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis