Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I ordered boba, plo's fighter, shaak ti, and r4 last night and they have already shipped today even though it stated pre-order to ship on 12-15.....guess I'll wait and see if they really arrive....

Who wants to be BKUNSA. How sweet his life appears. Looks like I took the wrong job in the hospital where he got the right one.

Me= Work to pay for life expenses then use whats left over for fun

BKUNSA= work to pay for fun and use left overs for life expenses

Next time I come to your neighborhood you gotta take me out to dinner and show me your toys

Quote Originally Posted by nohagent View Post
    Who wants to be BKUNSA. How sweet his life appears. Looks like I took the wrong job in the hospital where he got the right one.

Me= Work to pay for life expenses then use whats left over for fun

BKUNSA= work to pay for fun and use left overs for life expenses

Next time I come to your neighborhood you gotta take me out to dinner and show me your toys
    Deal...I did have to go to 4 years of college, 4 years of medical school, and then 4 years of residency.....swing by Oklahoma and you'll probably leave with a handful of star wars toys...I work in the ER (shift work) so I have plenty of days off to go figure hunting...I hope you like chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes...And I do have a lot of star wars toys ...started collecting them in 1977 at age 5

I actually wanted to go to medical school myself but I recieved no support from my parents growing up. All the attention went to my youngest sister with Downs. My parents would always tell me how sorry they were that they would never be able to afford to send me to college but if I worked hard I may be able to send my kids to college one day. In this kind of enviornment I didnt really set my sights to high for a professional future.

However I did end up working nights so I could earn money to keep myself up all day at school to get my BA in Liberal studies/political science which I dont use. Instead I enjoy my job as a Respiratory Therapist doing my 3 twelve hour shifts a week and plenty of hunting time, but not all the resources I would like to enjoy.

Professionally I am currently thinking about PA programs but don't know if I can juggle that and be a good dad, plus at 37 and in my current career for 13 years I wonder if I really should be fixing something that is not exactly broken. Hmmm.

Cool, we are the same age Nohagent...Congratulations on your achievements. Actually, PA programs were designed for guys like you, people who have been out in the work force gaining experience and now want a higher level of clinical involvement. In my experience, the BEST PA's we've had are guys who come from different backgrounds and who have had work experience prior to PA school. I work for a large ER group and we currently employ around 20 PA's and NONE are in their 20's...mostly people with prior occupations that became PA's later in life....Let me know if you need any help or have questions on PA school.

All this aside, happy "figure" hunting and good luck...like I stated before, I don't drink, smoke, or gamble so I have some disposable income to hunt with

I'm not a doctor, but I'm a patient (or was).

I got my kidney transplant from right here on SirStevesGuide! - true story but you might not know bkusna.

BobaFrett is my donor, so part of him is posting even when he's not online, but I am

I'm also in my mid-30's. My BA is in economics and political science. But I volunteer at the hospital, working with my doctors as a peer counselor for other kidney patients.

I wrote a novel (which has now become 2 novels) when I was ill and down with end-stage renal failure. So as I finish that through the end of the year and try to get a publishing legacy off the ground I have delayed my other plans: to get my MA in social work (more versatile than psychology) and I'll do my internship and very likely be hired at Scripps Hospitals (my transplant's campus specifically).

In the meanwhile, my father died from the kidney disease (a hereditary condition) and I live quite well - basically retired - on his and my mother's real estate and survivor benefits.

But of course I want more out of life, and to do more since I'm able to. But it's been less than 2 years since the transplant and I'm taking my time to get there since I have the luxury of time at the moment.

I'm EXTREMELY serious about becoming a published author - hopefully of my planned 5 book series, and then making movies out of them - starting with that Civil War epic that I often go on about. (A political science major generally LOVES researching historical conflicts and that also very much describes me.)
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Cool deal,

Looks like I may be talking to about some things in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by nohagent View Post
    Cool deal,

Looks like I may be talking to about some things in the near future.
    sure thing, just let me know....
    tycho- AMAZING story!!!! BTW I scored some loose BAD parts today so I'm going to go through em tonight

Right On Tycho,

That's great. It must me awesome to write like that. Back around 2000 I tried to right some things. It was like sci-fi with a mix of religio-political espianage and such. Problem is I wanted it to be original and then came some Schwarzenegger movie and BSG which both used the center piece to my stories...ie..technological resurection. I kind of abandoned my project as I felt I would have been accused of ripping of those ideas from other people when they were in fact my own. But anyway, good luck on your endeavors.

since this is a CW thread, I got a R4-H5 droid today to fit inside my Kit Fisto fighter I got at wallyworld yesterday...