Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    I opened up my Cloud Car and JT's spot on with his description. Its a very solid vehicle with not much to complain about. I'd like to add, I can see the center missles getting lost pretty easy. It doesn't take much of a push on the buttons to set off the missles and the center bar is a natural place to hold the vehicle, so it increases the chances even more.

I decided to stop in my local TRU as I was passing today and they had the Cloud Car, plus some of the older vehicles in the new packaging... New packaging looks pretty nice! Besides these, they had also put out Vintage figs (they had 3 pegs) at $9.99 and they were fully stocked on new card CW and SL. On the 3 vintage pegs were 5 figs - 2 3PO's (and he does look short) and 3 Vader's.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrooper View Post
    I opened up my Cloud Car and JT's spot on with his description. Its a very solid vehicle with not much to complain about. I'd like to add, I can see the center missles getting lost pretty easy. It doesn't take much of a push on the buttons to set off the missles and the center bar is a natural place to hold the vehicle, so it increases the chances even more.
    My solution for the center missiles is to not use them at all. I have to admit, after a few years where Hasbro Star Wars vehicles' spring-loaded projectiles were getting pretty decent-looking, I was surprised to see such a boring, generic missile used on the otherwise fine and dandy cloud car. The hidden launchers are ok, but the ones in the middle aren't hidden. So, into the baggie of unused accessories 2 of them go.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    My solution for the center missiles is to not use them at all. I have to admit, after a few years where Hasbro Star Wars vehicles' spring-loaded projectiles were getting pretty decent-looking, I was surprised to see such a boring, generic missile used on the otherwise fine and dandy cloud car. The hidden launchers are ok, but the ones in the middle aren't hidden. So, into the baggie of unused accessories 2 of them go.

Sounds like a good idea to me. It would have been nice if they would fit in the storage compartments.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrooper View Post
    Sounds like a good idea to me. It would have been nice if they would fit in the storage compartments.
    Exactly what I thought too! There could have been enough room under the hood with just a little tweaking, or perhaps a clip on the underside of the hidden launchers.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Devo View Post
    I don't think there is any Toys'r'us in the republic of ireland, I think there is up north. We've got Smyths Toystores, Toymaster and Forbidden planet.

However yes I do believe the vehicles are available in britain now, a few people on RS have found them and posted pics.
    I decided to go to TRU on my way home from work tonight... thought at first it was a wasted journey, couldn't see any new vehicles (not that I'm too bothered... I only want the AT-AT, but don't really have the space for it anyway) or new figures - then I suddenly spotted a couple of pegs with the new Vaders, nestled between the usual slew of Yarnas and CW figures. It took a second to register that they were new, after all, it's hardly unusual to see Vaders on the pegs, but then I noticed they were on vintage cards! I looked behind, there were several Vaders and 4-LOMs, but also 2 Dengars, 2 Dacks and a C-3PO.

I picked out one of each (apart from 4-LOM, who's a straight re-pack, and I recently got him on vintage card in the Zuckuss set), then as I was heading to the tills, I spotted a manager, so asked him if they had any more. He disappeared out the back, then brought out another box, containing one of each (and 2 Vaders), so I scored the whole set.

So pretty happy this evening, though at 8.99 each, I can't help feeling a little ripped off.... I've since discovered I could've ordered the whole wave online, saved myself a fiver, and that would've included a bonus 4-LOM as well. But what's even more disappointing is there's no mail-in offer for Boba Fett. Bummer.
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

I've checked a few stores in the last couple days: nada, not even empty spaces where others got to them first.

But I am interested in the Fett mail-away, so I'll likely try to get at least enough POPs for him.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    But I am interested in the Fett mail-away, so I'll likely try to get at least enough POPs for him.
    I think I read somewhere that you can use previous POP's from all released waves this year.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Nice reviews, JT! I'm looking forward to finding both, but the snowspeeder is the one that I just can't wait to get ahold of. Waiting for its release has been excruciating...ish.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I ordered these last week online and they arrived today. Both are quite great. Last year's Luke looks great in the snowspeeder, and the OTC Cloud Car and Utris M'Toc are rockin' out in the Cloud Car, though the pilot's holster has to be repositioned slightly for him to look better in it. Seriously, get them when you see them.