Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 77
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    Nice reviews, JT! I'm looking forward to finding both, but the snowspeeder is the one that I just can't wait to get ahold of. Waiting for its release has been excruciating...ish.
    Thanks!

    Yeah, the Snowspeeder has been a long-hard fight that it's great to have won. Good luck getting yours soon, you'll dig it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    I ordered these last week online and they arrived today. Both are quite great. Last year's Luke looks great in the snowspeeder, and the OTC Cloud Car and Utris M'Toc are rockin' out in the Cloud Car, though the pilot's holster has to be repositioned slightly for him to look better in it. Seriously, get them when you see them.
    I've been thinking about putting my Utris in the Cloud Car, POTJ Lando looks pretty underwhelming in his seat across from the quite-well-preserved OTC pilot in the other one. But Utris' tiny hat really bothers me, I didn't realize it with the first Wing Guard but both have that issue and it really bugs me. I also had a little issue with the Pilot's holster, I just pushed the figure down a little and it worked itself out. I also rotated the commlink on his belt sideways after it came off the first time I tried to put the pilot into the cloud car.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I've been thinking about putting my Utris in the Cloud Car, POTJ Lando looks pretty underwhelming in his seat across from the quite-well-preserved OTC pilot in the other one. But Utris' tiny hat really bothers me, I didn't realize it with the first Wing Guard but both have that issue and it really bugs me. I also had a little issue with the Pilot's holster, I just pushed the figure down a little and it worked itself out. I also rotated the commlink on his belt sideways after it came off the first time I tried to put the pilot into the cloud car.
    I've never seen any pics of the "actual" Utris with a hat on, so display him without it, both on-shelf and in the Cloud Car. As for the pilot's comlink, I just put it in the flip-up hood for safekeeping. Seems to be fine.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    I've never seen any pics of the "actual" Utris with a hat on, so display him without it, both on-shelf and in the Cloud Car. As for the pilot's comlink, I just put it in the flip-up hood for safekeeping. Seems to be fine.
    Good thinking on Utris not wearing his cap, it never occurred to me but that's accurate.

    I thought about it being in the hood, but I didn't like the idea of leaving it rattling around in there. Luckily, both the Cloud Car and new Snowspeeder have interiors designed sealed up from the rest of the interior cavity space, so accessories that fall loose in the cabin won't end up stuck through a gap under the dash inside the rest of the hull. Thus, for me it's better to risk it coming loose in the cabin than know it's loose in the hood.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  4. #24
    Saw them today....couldnt do em at 27.99. Hasbro thought I wouldn't notice the 24.99 mark and I did. Now a 27.99, hahahahaha crazy.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by nohagent View Post
    Saw them today....couldnt do em at 27.99. Hasbro thought I wouldn't notice the 24.99 mark and I did. Now a 27.99, hahahahaha crazy.
    Retailers set prices, not Hasbro.

  6. #26
    yes, you are correct,, shame on TRU.. But as always...........shame on TRU

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by nohagent View Post
    yes, you are correct,, shame on TRU.. But as always...........shame on TRU
    Again, my theory is that TRU is putting these out early just so that they can jack up the price and cash in on the impatient collectors (like me). I wouldn't be surprised if the prices at TRU drop after the street date.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Again, my theory is that TRU is putting these out early just so that they can jack up the price and cash in on the impatient collectors (like me). I wouldn't be surprised if the prices at TRU drop after the street date.
    That really seems like the sort of thing Hasbro should be upset about. TRU knowingly violating the street date with higher prices and then lowering them once the competition enters the fray punishes Target, Walmart and the other retailers that respect Hasbro's street date. Not that Hasbro cares, but I used to work at a book store when the Harry Potter books were coming out and if anyone had broken the street date on those you wouldn't have been able to order ANY Scholastic Publishing products again. Not that Hasbro could cut off TRU like that but it seems like something that would really **** off the competition.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

  9. #29
    Toys don't usually have a firm, legally binding street date, though.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

  10. #30
    The higher TRU price is why I took advantage of bogo50% when I could, it'd be extremely hard to justify them at the full TRU price of $28, even $25 feels like it's pushing it only based on what vehicles have been for the last few years, and they've been getting smaller and smaller lately too.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO