Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Toys don't usually have a firm, legally binding street date, though.
    They do for Star Wars, from what I've seen. Twice have I been thwarted in my attempt to purchase toys that were erroneously put on the shelf before their prime--first before TPM when the Star Wars Legos were brand new (I tried to buy a Lego Naboo Fighter that was out for purchase with a ton of other such toys) and the second a couple years ago, when the Titanium Wedge X-wing hit the pegs two weeks before it was supposed to. Both were at Wal-Marts and both times they refused to sell them to me, stating the system would not allow them to ring the items up and if the computer wouldn't allow it they couldn't sell it, not even for cash straight-up.

Quote Originally Posted by The Space Outlaw View Post
    They do for Star Wars, from what I've seen. Twice have I been thwarted in my attempt to purchase toys that were erroneously put on the shelf before their prime--first before TPM when the Star Wars Legos were brand new (I tried to buy a Lego Naboo Fighter that was out for purchase with a ton of other such toys) and the second a couple years ago, when the Titanium Wedge X-wing hit the pegs two weeks before it was supposed to. Both were at Wal-Marts and both times they refused to sell them to me, stating the system would not allow them to ring the items up and if the computer wouldn't allow it they couldn't sell it, not even for cash straight-up.
    Those kinds of street dates usually correspond with a major film (or TV series) release. Besides that's Walmart, I don't think anyone has reported finding these figures, and successfully purchasing them, at a Walmart yet. Different stores have different policies for selling merchandise.

I have no idea why a street date was even set for these figures.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I got mine last Thursday and I love them both!!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    I've never seen any pics of the "actual" Utris with a hat on, so display him without it, both on-shelf and in the Cloud Car. As for the pilot's comlink, I just put it in the flip-up hood for safekeeping. Seems to be fine.
    While I was on the phone with Tycho last night, I remembered I wanted to do this, so I went over and did it. The gun doesn't work in the holster while sitting, it's too far out, so I put it in his hand, you can't see his hand anyway and the gun is black. I forgot how awful my Utris fig is, looks like it was hit with a paintball gun right in the face 3 times. I didn't like the figure in there without his cap, it looked too informal, so I threw the cap on and it satiates me for now, but I suspect I'm either going to dig up my other OTC CC Pilot or put the new one in there when I get it.

Also, on the Snowspeeder, I have Shia Brie riding shotgun, and she rattles around in the back seat because she's too small. I tried to get her hands on the controls, but while her right hand did eventually bend around it, her left was too rigid and just wasn't having any of it. Finally, I figured out that I could pose her hands BETWEEN the controls, and that worked great.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Picked up the Snowspeeder today and I have to concur with everyone here about how awesome it is. I like everything about it. The only minor complaint would be that I wish they had molded the non-firing harpoon gun in a darker shade of grey; but this might be more accurate, I haven't actually taken the time to check.

The lack of weathering doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I prefer it now. It makes it seem more like a vintage toy and if I decide that I want weathering on it later, I can always add it myself and it will look much better than something that was sprayed on in an assembly line somewhere.

Right now I've got the Evolutions Wes Jansen figure as Luke's copilot. Since his body is supposed to be identical to the upcoming Dak figure, I might just leave him in there and swap out heads when I finally get Dak.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Picked up the Snowspeeder today and I have to concur with everyone here about how awesome it is. I like everything about it. The only minor complaint would be that I wish they had molded the non-firing harpoon gun in a darker shade of grey; but this might be more accurate, I haven't actually taken the time to check.

The lack of weathering doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I prefer it now. It makes it seem more like a vintage toy and if I decide that I want weathering on it later, I can always add it myself and it will look much better than something that was sprayed on in an assembly line somewhere.

Right now I've got the Evolutions Wes Jansen figure as Luke's copilot. Since his body is supposed to be identical to the upcoming Dak figure, I might just leave him in there and swap out heads when I finally get Dak.
    The rear gun is the same color as the front ribs in the movie, but weathered out to be very gray, as you can see in this ILM model: http://www.m-moeslund.dk/Snow/Tumbs/SnowSP.html

And I think matting on bluescreen brought out more contrast: http://bragewj.com/starwars/snowspeeder2.jpg

That's another thing good about the weathering that used to be on these Hasbro vehicles, it covered the movie lighting effects that aren't on the studio model.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Anyone have a UPC number for this assortment? My local TRU has yet to put any TVC out but they said they've got the figures and I bet they've got the vehicles but I can only get them to look in the back if I've got the numbers....
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Call me nuts, but I'm actually losing interest in vehicles pretty quickly. I might not get this at all. Too many vehicles already, not enough space, and, when you get down to it, this has about six seconds of screen time.

I think they may have waited too long for me.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Only one I'd like to have is the Cloud Car, since I already own 1) the Kenner snowspeeder, 2) the POTF2 one, and 3) the POTJ one with pilot figure(s). And the Expanded Univ. cloud car isn't really the same for me, to go along with the Kenner one I have (and is pretty beaten up and played with a long time ago). It wasn't at the store where I found the figures (not even a sticker on the shelf), and I'll see if I can wait to get it at a different store for a little less (perhaps after 8/6?).
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Found the Cloud Car and Snowspeeder for $19.99 today at my local Target - sale only...for those holding out on a sale, go find em this week!
    Real men buy Willrow