Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    I found the CC at W*M for $23.77 because all of the 4 Targets I checked today either had no new packaged vehicles or only the tank, snowspeeder, or Jedi fighter; no Cloud Cars. I shall be opening it up sometime soon, but it can't fly it around the house until I can find the vintage CC Pilot (no other figure has the proper skills ).
    "That's what Sheev said."

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Call me nuts, but I'm actually losing interest in vehicles pretty quickly. I might not get this at all. Too many vehicles already, not enough space, and, when you get down to it, this has about six seconds of screen time.

I think they may have waited too long for me.
    Fickle. How much pressure did you bring to bear on this concept, only to bail at its completion? This is why Hasbro had no faith in it before, and why fan pressure is somewhat meaningless, they "want" what they don't have without any consideration for what happens when it gets produced. Oh well, at least some folks can be happy with it.

I got Dak and another Cloud Car pilot, so I can give a few final comments on these vehicles and their figures.

Dak fits excellently in the Snowspeeder, his hands go right onto the controls and he matches up well with Luke. You can really see him through all the windows, which is great because the previous version he's mostly blocked off from view. He sits a little further back than in the movie, but it's hardly noticeable. Both Luke and Dak sit a little more diagonally than in the film, the heads don't tilt down far enough and the hips and waist joints don't bend as far forward as in the film, but it helps to have muscles to actually pull one forward into that type of sitting position - I have the same thing in my car, actually, where if I put my head against the headrest I'm in a much more relaxed position. All in all, this Snowspeeder hits the marks.

The Cloud Car with 2 of the pilot has 1 problem: too many mustaches. The mustachioed look of this figure makes it obvious he's seated next to a clone of himself, and because they have small heads with thermal socks, it's not an easy headswap to another figure - I may try a Stormtrooper head or something though. The Cloud Car does look a little more together with matching helmeted pilots though.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I found the CC at W*M for $23.77 because all of the 4 Targets I checked today either had no new packaged vehicles or only the tank, snowspeeder, or Jedi fighter; no Cloud Cars. I shall be opening it up sometime soon, but it can't fly it around the house until I can find the vintage CC Pilot (no other figure has the proper skills ).
    Of course the vintage CC Pilot has the proper skills, he's been flying for like, 30 years!
    May the force be with you.

Don't worry. My daughter went nuts when she saw it, so I'll be getting one anyway.

Still can't drum up interest in the Snowspeeder.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Don't worry. My daughter went nuts when she saw it, so I'll be getting one anyway.

Still can't drum up interest in the Snowspeeder.
    Well, that may be why the Snowspeeder is shortpacked and removed from the upcoming wave revisions. (That and the tooling is going into the Target-exclusive vintage packaging.) Personally though, I think some folks are being unfair to it, we the fans asked and asked for a proper scale one, Hasbro deliver it with fun play features and movie accuracy, they take the raised line details and change them to panel lines, but it all gets lost with the "good enough" versions of the past.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I think the current snowspeeder is a fantastic display and have it displayed right now. The realization that they had never done a grey colored (as opposed to the orange stripe, I mean) makes it a snowspeeder that is truly unlike anything we already own. Though I do prefer the classic orange and will buy at least one of those when they come out someday.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

If fans' want to see future ships, now is the time to support the line. Ive loved the M. Falcon, will get the At-at; got the At-st, cloud car - will get the snowspeeder....of course, i picked up the new Tie fighter and Tie Interceptor with updated cockpit....I am a sucker for these updates

Far as Cloud Car is concerned, I am personally glad they did both version of the pilot: concept art aka vintage version and prop version - the first modern cloud car pilot is a little larger than the new, but he can fit in one of the cars with minimal effort

I can say as a fan, I support the vehicle line - considering how nice they are, its not that hard
    Real men buy Willrow

Would you buy a jabba sailbarge for $150?

Quote Originally Posted by bkusna View Post
    Not for any price. To me, that vehicle is just not exciting enough......I would however take an all new Speeder Bike built from the ground up for $20
    Real men buy Willrow

Quote Originally Posted by bkusna View Post
    It seriously depends on what would be included. If they added the Desert Skiff and a few figures, then, yes, I would shell out $150!

It would also have to be large enough and open in such a way as to allow me to set up a Jabba/Leia scene!!!
    May the force be with you.