Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gungan Scout.

Hybrid View

Gungan Scout.

Should one be made?

With farseein, war horn, and maybe the drum from the parade scene.
    Last edited by Battle Droid; 03-01-2002 at 08:20 AM.

Yep!

I'd go along with your request for one of these. With the new packaging and the plethora of pack-ins they can offer... it's not something that I would quickly dismiss. I certainly hope that Hasbro takes advantage of this packaging they've created.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I could definately go for a definitive deluxe version of both a Gungan and a TPM Battle Droid.

Gungan:

At least 12 points of articulation. Give him a Farseein, Cesta, War Horn, Atlatl w/ removeable energy ball, sling w/ removeable energy ball and an energy shield w/ snap-on blast effect. It would be great if they could also include a pull-over Rep hood and robe so we can add Rep Been and Teers.

Droid:

At least 14 points of articulation. Fully articulated to go from storage to battle mode. Include new detailed blaster and macrobinoculars, decals to customize a pilot, security, or command rank, and include removeable battle damage at the left bicep, the waist, the shins, and on the side of the head.

Those would make collectors happy, I think.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

Orginally Posted by Lord Tenebrous
    Droid:

At least 14 points of articulation. Fully articulated to go from storage to battle mode. Include new detailed blaster and macrobinoculars, decals to customize a pilot, security, or command rank, and include removeable battle damage at the left bicep, the waist, the shins, and on the side of the head.
    Your droid idea is a great one Lord Tenebrous.Nice idea with
    the decals to customize your Battle Droid.

As for the Gungan I would like to see it as army builder set that
    is sold in stores rather than through the FC.Nothing fancy,just
    a plain,small,Starwars box with 5-6 figures in it with a few
    weapons.
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

Originally posted by InsaneJediGirl
    As for the Gungan I would like to see it as army builder set that
    is sold in stores rather than through the FC.Nothing fancy,just
    a plain,small,Starwars box with 5-6 figures in it with a few
    weapons.
    Yeah that would be a great idea, especially since for Episode II we're getting an action stanced generic Battle Droid which will be perfect for the Gungans vs. Droid battle.

LT, the gungan shield wouldn't look right with a blast effect on it because in the movie the shields reflected the blaster fire so it would need a piece that's more like Shaak Ti's.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
    I could definately go for a definitive deluxe version of both a Gungan and a TPM Battle Droid.
    Gungan:
    At least 12 points of articulation. Give him a Farseein, Cesta, War Horn, Atlatl w/ removeable energy ball, sling w/ removeable energy ball and an energy shield w/ snap-on blast effect. It would be great if they could also include a pull-over Rep hood and robe so we can add Rep Been and Teers.
    Droid:
    Those would make collectors happy, I think.
    I know it would definatly make this gungan happy. Hey Hasbro, look right here. See this, make it a deluxe figure 2-pack if you know what's good for you. They actually should continue making those 2-packs, like the 25th Anniversary sets. Market them as movie moments sets. TPM - Gungan vs. Droid, ANH - Vader choking Capt. Antillies, ESB - Bespin Dining Room Vader (Seated) w/ Neutral posed 300th Fett, ROTJ - R2-D2: Bartender w/ C-3PO. I am sure there are some better ideas out there, but these would look pretty cool, IMHO.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Pilot Droid & Tey How with pilot chair 2 pack.

Republic Cruiser 2 pack with thier chairs.

I'd like to see a new gungan warrior based on the one that came with the fambaa but done properly instead of skimping and using the body of the one that came with the Falumpaset and thelegs of the carded warrior. Maybe a version with articulated kness that could sit on a Kaadu so i don't have to have a million bloody jarjars all over my diorama. he should come with the farseein binoculars and the war horn.

I'd also like to see two other Gungans but from the concept art. first up is the pilot gungan with removable helmet, And next and most importantly is the gungan with the crab shell armour. that was a wicked design! Imagine adding those to a battle diorama? Cool.

Also how about some other gungans like Rep teers and that fat gungan from the sacred place. maybe pack him with a kiddie gungan just for a bit of variety.

But please, no more Jar Jar bloody Binks!!!

A Gungan Scout is a great idea! I'd totally get a bunch of them for my Gungan Army.

Bring it on Hasbro!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett