Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone find the Vintage figures on sale?

I had to laugh when I got the paper this morning - TRU advertising "buy one, get one 50% off" on all SW items, only three days AFTER they put out all the vintage stuff. I went in for laughs, and sure enough, all they had was a couple Vaders and 4-LOM's - the two re-packs nobody wants - since we all wisely (as if we didn't, someone else would have) bought ours during the week. The funny thig was, aside from the Vintage pegs, the others - including the Legends, were still pretty full!
    "I take orders from just one person - ME!"

Quote Originally Posted by tagmac View Post
    I had to laugh when I got the paper this morning - TRU advertising "buy one, get one 50% off" on all SW items, only three days AFTER they put out all the vintage stuff. I went in for laughs, and sure enough, all they had was a couple Vaders and 4-LOM's - the two re-packs nobody wants - since we all wisely (as if we didn't, someone else would have) bought ours during the week. The funny thig was, aside from the Vintage pegs, the others - including the Legends, were still pretty full!
    I found 2 Vaders, 1 Leia, 1 Threepio, 1 Han, and 1 4-LOM at TRU earlier in the week. I picked up Leia and Threepio (both are in the running for two of the greatest Star Wars figures of all time, in my book!) but decided to wait on the rest so I could get them at Walmart next month and use my employee discount.

Went back yesterday and they were all cleaned out. In contrast, it didn't look like anyone had touched the SL and CW figures in the 3 days between my shopping trips.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I know they were found at my local TRU, but I missed out on them. I'll be going back to check this week for sure, now that the sale is going on (which really only puts them at about 50 cents cheaper than they will be everywhere else in a few weeks, but hey).
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Yep, found them this morning. Passed on Vader, 4-LOM, and Boba Fett. Missed the Cloud Car Pilot because some <expletive deleted> scalper actually swooped in when I had my back turned to compare two Luke figures and grabbed every remaining Vintage figure left on the pegs. (He also asked for and cleaned out another case of them, leaving only the Vaders, 4-LOMs, and Leias, and took all the AT-AT's in the store. He missed the Cloud Car and Snowspeeder, and I wasn't about to tell him they'd been put with the GIJoes by mistake.)

Please, folks, do not feed the scalpers. Refuse to pay more than retail, and arses like that will eventually have to stop being douchebags.
    Last edited by El Chuxter; 07-11-2010 at 07:32 PM.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Yep, found them this morning. Passed on Vader, 4-LOM, and Boba Fett. Missed the Cloud Car Pilot because some <expletive deleted> scalper actually swooped in when I had my back turned to compare two Luke figures and grabbed every remaining Vintage figure left on the pegs. (He also asked for and cleaned out another case of them, leaving only the Vaders, 4-LOMs, and Leias, and took all the AT-AT's in the store. He missed the Cloud Car and Snowspeeder, and I wasn't about to tell him they'd been put with the GIJoes by mistake.)

Please, folks, do not feed the scalpers. Refuse to pay more than retail, and arses like that will eventually have to stop being douchebags.
    Good gosh, Chux. Why didn't you just knife him and make the world a better place? (only slightly kidding)

I plan to go to Frank&Son soon and laugh at the jacked up prices and salesmen.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

They had all three lines available at TRU last night for the buy get one half off sale.
    They had vintage Vader, 4-Lom, Leia, Luke, Han, Cloud Pilot, Dengar, Dak, and C-3PO.
    I picked up the vintage Darth and vintage Dak as well as the Clone Wars Grevious and Clone Wars Mandalorian Leader. I probably should have picked up the others, but I wasn't really impressed with Luke, Leia, and Han and I didn't care for the non-matallic paint on 3PO. Plus, even with the sale, it would have been 75 bucks. (Note on 3PO, the codpiece didn't look as big in person as it did on the pictures I've seen)

Passed on the Snowspeeder because I don't want a Cloud Car and I couldn't find the Transformer I was looking for.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

spotted them in 2 TRU's over the weekend but all that was left was Vader... I think it's also funny that they jacked the prices for the Legacy line back up to $7.49 a figure when last week they were at $4.50 a figure...

hoping to see them again this weekend and hopefully will be able to get a Leia and Luke. not holding my breath on getting them but would like to try and grab them and the BOGO sale.

still no sign of any of the 2010 Clone Wars line in NJ though....really starting to tick me off.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I've seen the pegs where the Vintage figures once hung.

According to Hasbro, TRU is gonna get iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!

OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartner View Post
    According to Hasbro, TRU is gonna get iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!
    [FONT=Courier New]Where did you see/read that? I am pretty fascinated by this broken street date stuff and want to know what's going to happen and why it happened. Way more interested than I should be, actually. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Last week, I asked a TRU employee if they had any Vintage Collection figures in the back. He graciously brought out a case for me to pick through and I asked him what the deal was with breaking the street dates. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]He told me that he had pulled everything aside as directed on the packages and call the Hasbro rep to let him know he followed the directions. Later that day the Hasbro rep called him back and told him that they could ignore the dates on the cases.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I for one applaud TRU for selling new products after months of nothing but peg warmers. Personally, I hate street dates, specifically when product is available for sale but being held back for marketing purposes.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

I was listening to a podcast and it was said that Hasbro had commented on the the broken TRU street dates by saying "the situation is being looked into and they will be dealing with it accordingly". I know that record stores that had broken street dates and were reported didn't get their product in time for the next street date AND restocks on that product were held back/delayed from shipments.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**