Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Are these movies more about Obi-Wan than Anakin?

Sometimes I think so, and that's pretty cool.
    I mean, from Ep. I we see his training, in Ep. II we'll see his training of another, and so on and so forth.

Is it Anakin's rise and fall -- or is it Obi-Wan's??

I can't wait to see what puts him in that hut on Tatooine -- but I bet it's something awful.

Just my 2 cents.

Wink

The films are more about the Skywalker family, the OB-1 saga is just a back story. Something of a BONUS if you ask me.
    " I think I have the SITH sense...I see DARTH people!"

I like the idea of watching Obi-Wan's "fall" along the path of Vader's rise, but I don't think it will be on the same level.

I thought Obi-Wan was in TPM WAYYYYYYYY too little. I think George should have left him alone by not giving his scenes to Qui-Gonn.

I'm not against seeing Obi-Wan's transition from grumpy padawan to wise knight, I just think it should have happened before the events of TPM. Call it a pre-prequel trilogy

But if it's meant to be about the Skywalkers then why is Anakin never at the top of any cast lists: Episode I:
    Qui-Gon Jinn
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Queen Amidala/Padme
    Anakin Skywalker

Episode II
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Padme Amidala
    Anakin Skywalker

This suggests to me that Obi-Wan and Padme are more important than Anakin.

POST 200
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

Probably because Ewan MrGregor and Natalie Portman are more recognizable names than Hayden Christensen. So they put their characters towards the top so people can see that those 2 actors names are in the film.
    Same with EPI - Qui-Gon is played by Liam Neeson a bigger name for people to recognize.
    I don't know if that's true...just speculating.
    Do or do not. There is no try.

Padme's definitely not more important.

I do believe AreTwo-DeeTwo is right about the more recognized names.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I think that in order to tell the story of Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader you have to talk about the people around him, like Obi-Wan and Padme...
    The Force is strong with this one.

Of course, that's my opinion I could be wrong.

Originally posted by Co Jo-Da
    I think that in order to tell the story of Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader you have to talk about the people around him, like Obi-Wan and Padme...
    Not to mention one of the major themes of Episode III will be betrayl of friendhip. They have to make the buddy relationship of Anakin and Obi-Wan's be a key point that carries the series. So when Anakin finally does turn on his former master, and Ben does what's necissary in self defense, which leads to the creation of Darth Vader, will be a gut renching scene. Lucas needs to show everyone how close the two of them are, just so we get an idea the incredible guilt that Obi-Wan must have lived with every day after his escape into seclusion on Tatooine.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

But surely the credits are based on charactor importance, I mean it's not like you are going to be affected on your decision to see the movie because of certain actors after the film because you've already seen it!
    I hope that makes sense, I know what I meen that's your tough t1ttys if you don't.
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

I'm sure Ewan and Nat have something in their contract that says they get higher billing than Hayden (a relative unknown) plus they've been in three of the films and he'll only've been in two. it has very little to do with the character's importance/screen time.