Thread: Green Lantern

Green Lantern

Some truly sick photos of Ryan Reynolds posted at Shh. Next year is going to be a great super hero movie year.

Any photo of Ryan Reynolds is a truly sick photo.

I hope he's really playing Abin Sur instead of Hal Jordan, and is killed off within the first five minutes.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Any photo of Ryan Reynolds is a truly sick photo.

I hope he's really playing Abin Sur instead of Hal Jordan, and is killed off within the first five minutes.

Hal Jordan will be played by me, as no one else could do the role any justice.
    May the force be with you.

I just think the colored skin/muscle thing they're going for looks too CGI to pay off the right way, it's weird and just seems like asking too much of the audience.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

As a life long Green Lantern fan (he's my favrit!) I give this movie (and accompanying costume) a hearty thumbs up! I'm psyched! Sure, I would've loved it if they could have kept the costume design the same as the comics, but we all knew that wasn't going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I just think the colored skin/muscle thing they're going for looks too CGI to pay off the right way, it's weird and just seems like asking too much of the audience.
    I think if the audience buys that a power ring possessed by an alien consortium called the Green Lantern corps is bestowed upon a human being, and with it he can be used to conjure any green object, selling the suit isn't that much more of a stretch.

There is nothing ordinary about Green Lantern. He isn't like Batman who seems like could be a real guy if somebody had the resources. He is the least accessible character in my opinion, kind of like Thor, in that both mythologies are so out there. Even more so with all the different Lantern factions that have been revealed over the last couple years. If they pull off the origin story, I will be very impressed.

There is something familiar about the design. At first I thought Tron. But it isn't that. I like it. Very otherworldly. Fitting.

Well, I've seen the pictures of Reynolds as GL. It doesn't work for me, his facial appearance is much more Sinestro than Hal Jordan.
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Carol Ferris isn't bad
    Yes, she is.

She's Star Sapphire.

(And no one tell me there's multiple Star Sapphires, purple rings, stupid Blackest Night garbage. Earth of the DC Universe tragically was destroyed when struck by an asteroid in the year 2000. No one will ever convince me otherwise.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by preacher View Post
    I think if the audience buys that a power ring possessed by an alien consortium called the Green Lantern corps is bestowed upon a human being, and with it he can be used to conjure any green object, selling the suit isn't that much more of a stretch.
    Storytelling has to come from someplace the audience can relate to, in this case, a costume. The idea of a costume growing through skin, especially a mask growing out of someone's face to be black skin is something I don't think will hold its own with the audience, it's something that the comics didn't try to pass off in art, yet a cinematic tool like CGI seems to grant moviemakers the powers of self-delusion.

There is nothing ordinary about Green Lantern. He isn't like Batman who seems like could be a real guy if somebody had the resources. He is the least accessible character in my opinion, kind of like Thor, in that both mythologies are so out there. Even more so with all the different Lantern factions that have been revealed over the last couple years. If they pull off the origin story, I will be very impressed.
    GL is at least supposed to be a human granted new abilities and responsibilities beyond his own planet, Thor is a god merged with a human, or are they abandoning that too in the Thor movie?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.