Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Silver Labels

Hmm, now I have to be on the lookout for the A-Wing with the visible hinge and no weathering paint job.

In case anyone's interested, my BP #7 Canadian Avon exclusive arrived today and I put up some images:

http://www.geocities.com/sgouki43/AvonBP7.html

Later,
    S43

Some playset differences

shinakuma43, thanks for verifying that all 3 playsets were released with both the silver and gold logos. I've been on the look-out for the Yavin playset in silver, as I have the Death Star and Hoth playsets both in silver and gold.

There is a slight difference in the packaging for one thing. The "window" on the silver logo box is smaller than the gold logo box. The picture on the top of the box reveals a little more in one box then in another too.

I have not found a difference in the Lord Vader TIE in the Death Star playset yet, but there is a small difference in the snowspeeders. The snowspeeder from the silver logo Ice Planet Hoth playset is slightly more "red" than the one in the gold logo box. This is in keeping with the snowspeeders in the regular Action Fleet vehicle sets. The first release without the battle damage, also has more "red" markings than the battle damaged later released version in the gold logo box....and when I say more red markings, I don't mean there are more markings, just that the markings that are there are more red in one than the other.
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [FONT=tahoma]I'm a SW Fan, Honk if you R2![/FONT]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [FONT=fixedsys]GREAT TRADERS! [/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma]Baal
    good shot jansen
    JediTricks
    shinakuma43
    SWAFMAN
    Thrawn
    vulcantouch-legendary bounty hunter!
    [/FONT]

R2 Up to her neck in sand on the beaches of Hawaii

R2: Your comment about the Yavin Playset made me wonder if I was correct. It was the last playset released so I thought maybe I just assumed all three had the Silver Logos. Well, it took a little while but I found the completed auction. I was off, the final bid was 18.52. The Yavin Rebel Base included in the auction was in fact the Gold Logod version. So, maybe the Yavin Rebel Base was never released with a Silver Logo.

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...tem=1624316503

I never noticed the difference in the red coloring on the Snowspeeders but I'll have to check when I get home. Thanks for the info on the silver logo sets. Hopefully I'll get them soon enough and will be able to see for myself.

Later,
    S43

Gah! Packaging variation overload! POTJ has totally worn my opinion of this sort of thing out.

Shin, that's the one I got, silver logo, exposed hinge, weathered paint. Until GSJ sent me a numbered A-wing (thanks again for that GSJ), I didn't know they came unweathered.

As for Yavin, I knew it only came with the gold logo because it was released a bit after the first 2 playsets, I remember getting that one when it came out in June of '97 (just after the SEs).

I feel like such a shrubbery as SSG's Galoob editor compared to expert R2dee2.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Question

I looked at my Imperial and Shadows of the Empire packages . I'm a little confused . If the silver logo ones come with the extrea figure , then why doesn't my Imperial Hunters battlepack ( W/IG-88) have the silver logo ? Also , My Shadows of the Empire battlepack has the siver logo but doesn't have the extra figure . Why is this?
    Get over here Leia , and stop making out with your brother !

silver logos Battlepacks

I've not ever seen a #4 Battlepack with a silver logo and have no idea if it was ever released with one. It's odd, since both the #3 and #5 were released with the silver logo.

[] 68010 #4 Imperial Hunters " Dewback"..Sandtrooper, Boba Fett, Greedo, Bossk, IG-88 (extra figure) . 1996 Gold logo
    [] 68010 #4 Galactic Hunters " Dewback"..Sandtrooper, Boba Fett, Greedo, Bossk. 1996/1997 Gold logo

THERE ARE THREE VERSIONS OF BATTLE PACK #5...and perhaps one more version exists.
    [] 68010 #5 Shadows of the Empire "Swoops (2)" (SIX FIGURES).. Dash Rendar, Prince Xizor, Guri, Chewbacca, LE-BO2D9 (Leebo), Jix . Display stand 1995/1996 Silver logo.
    [] 68010 #5 Shadows of the Empire "Swoops (2)" (SIX FIGURES).. Dash Rendar, Prince Xizor, Guri, Skahtul*, LE-BO2D9 (Leebo), Jix . Display stand 1996 Gold logo. *Skahtul is the name change for the Chewbacca figure.
    [] 68010 #5 Shadows of the Empire "Swoops (2)" (FIVE FIGURES).. Dash Rendar, Prince Xizor, Guri, Skahtul*, Jix . Display stand 1996 Gold logo * Skahtul is listed on the sticker, but the figure is actually the one omitted in this third pack....and the Leebo name is omitted from the sticker, but the figure IS included in the pack....so perhaps there is another version out there with a fix for this discrepancy.

With the SOTE Battle Pack #5, you have the extra figure in both the silver and gold logo pack. Then there is another gold logo pack that is missing the Chewie (Skahtul) figure. My battle packs page shows all three versions.
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [FONT=tahoma]I'm a SW Fan, Honk if you R2![/FONT]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [FONT=fixedsys]GREAT TRADERS! [/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma]Baal
    good shot jansen
    JediTricks
    shinakuma43
    SWAFMAN
    Thrawn
    vulcantouch-legendary bounty hunter!
    [/FONT]

R2 Up to her neck in sand on the beaches of Hawaii

awww mannnn!

Jeeeeze! Now that I know about the silver logo AF playsets, and have confirmed that mine are all 3 gold-logo'd versions, I'm feeling "incomplete." If anyone sees any of the silver logo sets around, and isn't already trying to win the bid for them, please let me know. Does anyone know if all three playsets were released as silver logo versions, or just the two shown in Shin's post?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

I have no idea Swaffy, but I'm just posting to let you know that you don't have to put up zip files of wavs that are less than 20k like this one, you can just put up the wav itself.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

JT -
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SWAFMAN; 09-03-2001 at 11:08 AM.
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

Gah! Travolta!