Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silver Labels

Hybrid View

Question Silver Labels

I noticed something weird not long ago with two of my battlepacks . #5 The Shadows of the Empire and the #1 reabel Alliance ( featuring Yoda ). They both had silver labels . You know , the label that says Action Fleet . All the other vehicles and battlepacks have gold labels . Why do these two have silver labels . Is this rare ?
    Get over here Leia , and stop making out with your brother !

silver/gold Action Fleet logo....

AFs with silver logo on box were the earliest released AFs. I believe they were only released w/silver logo boxes in the 1st year that Action Fleet came out. I have silver logo boxes for the DV TIE Fighter & Sandcrawer. I may have others w/silver logos, but some of my AF boxes are too buried to access easily right now. Perhaps other forum'ers could round-out the list of early AFs that came in silver-logo boxes. SSG also has excellent resources to look up nearly any detail about Star Wars Action Fleet products & their variations.
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

silver logos

The first release Battlepacks of #1,2,3,and 5 have the silver logo and when they were re-released with the omitted figure, they sported the gold logo. I have not seen a #4 Battlepack with the silver logo, but that doesn't mean that it's not out there. What makes the silver logo Battlepacks nice, is that they have the "extra" figure in it
    You can see pics of all the Battlpacks and all the variations I'm aware of on my BattlePack page. Check it our if you're interested
    Battle Packs

As SWAFMAN mentioned, many of the Action Fleet Vehicles and playsets also have silver or gold logos. Many times the silver logo Action Fleet Vehicles are different than the later releases, not having the battle marks, smaller size as in the Vader TIE, change in color as in the Interceptor...etc.
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [FONT=tahoma]I'm a SW Fan, Honk if you R2![/FONT]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [FONT=fixedsys]GREAT TRADERS! [/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma]Baal
    good shot jansen
    JediTricks
    shinakuma43
    SWAFMAN
    Thrawn
    vulcantouch-legendary bounty hunter!
    [/FONT]

R2 Up to her neck in sand on the beaches of Hawaii

Question

Thanks for the info fellas ! I have one more question though . You see , I have both Dewback battlepacks . I looked in a magazine a good while ago that listed a Dewback battlepack that didn't have IG-88 or Bossk with it. I didn't know if there was a third Dewback battlepack or if it was just a mistake in the magazine . So , is there a third one or not ?
    Last edited by Huckleberry Josh; 08-26-2001 at 02:36 PM.
    Get over here Leia , and stop making out with your brother !

IG-88

To the best of my knowledge, there are only two different #4 Dewback Battlepacks. The first one has the IG-88 and the second one has the IG-88 omitted. I have not heard of a third one with Bossk omitted, so IMHO I THINK the magazine is in error, until I hear otherwise.
    BATTLEPACK #4
    [FONT=tahoma]I'm a SW Fan, Honk if you R2![/FONT]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [FONT=fixedsys]GREAT TRADERS! [/FONT]
    [FONT=tahoma]Baal
    good shot jansen
    JediTricks
    shinakuma43
    SWAFMAN
    Thrawn
    vulcantouch-legendary bounty hunter!
    [/FONT]

R2 Up to her neck in sand on the beaches of Hawaii

Arrow the silver labels were changed to the glod labels............

to celebrate the release of the se of the origianl trilogy.

oly the 1st two waves were released with the silver label.

as r2 and swaffy mentioned above, there were some differences between the two different releases.

in the battle pack line, the BIG difference was that a figure was dropped from each of the 1st 8 battle packs when this was done. the strange thing about this, was that the galoob sw site, never mentioned anything about the dropped figures. it's one of the biggest mysteries in the galoob sw lines.

as fer the action fleet vehicles. when origianlly released under the silver label, the vehicles (as r2 has pointed out) were clean machines. there was no "weathered" effects or battle scarring on any of the 1st release vehicles. additionally, the a-wing and the shuttle, had different mechanisims for the cockpit canopy. originally, the hinge was concealed within the cockpit, and then after the label was changed to gold, the hinge was mounted on the exterior, and thus visible.

another strange change, was the darth vader tie fighter, when originally released, it was a larger version, and then prior to the gold label being introduced, galoob released a smaller version, which became the ifsofacto version. you can get both a large, and small version of the tie advanced with a silver label, the difference with the small version between silver and gold is the added "weathered effects for the later gold label release.

of further note, the initial production run of the 1st 2500 of each of the 1st wave vehicles (x-wing, vader's tie, a-wing, at-at, shuttle, and snowspeeder) were individually numbered with a clear blue sticker on the top cellophane portion of the box. this was also done for the kay-bee exclusive two pack of the landspeeder and at-st.

also there was a japan only release of vadfer tie, and lukes x-wing done up in a pewter look which was limited to an indiviually numbered run of 4800.

i know this is all old hat for the long time posteres here, but as we seem to be gettin' some new blood, this all may be new news to them

all of the above is described in great detail over at r2dee2's micro force page.
    what's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding

Re: the silver labels were changed to the glod labels............

Originally posted by good shot jansen
    additionally, the a-wing and the shuttle, had different mechanisims for the cockpit canopy. originally, the hinge was concealed within the cockpit, and then after the label was changed to gold, the hinge was mounted on the exterior, and thus visible.
    I think this is not quite accurate, I believe the hinge change on the A-wing's cockpit came after they dropped the numbered boxes, but were still in the Silver logo boxes.

I think the change came because the interior hinge was far too floppy and impossible to set back into place if it popped out.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

not quite sure if i agree with you on that jt

GSJ: I have a Silver Logo A-Wing with the exposed hinge. It also has the battle worn markings.

I haven't seen the Darker Blue Interceptor mentioned in the thread. Well, I have the dark blue and lighter blue Interceptors with Silver Logos.

Ok, here's something I don't know and would like to know: Until recently I thought the only Avon exclusive AFs were the Darth Vader's TIE Fighter and Luke's X-WIng. Well, I have a Battle pack #7 in an Avon box on the way to me now. Does anyone know if other BPs or any other AF items were done as Avon exclusives?

All three Playsets were originally released with Silver Logos too. I just found that out about a week ago when I saw a completed auction were someone got all three with Silver Logos for about 18.51. I'd love to know if there are differences on the included vehicles, so if anyone knows please let me know.

Later,
    S43

Talking thanx shinky!

i wuz never aware until jt posted this morning, that the exposed hinge a-wing came in a silver logo box!, and to boot, you's even has "weathering". i wonder when and why the change in production wuz mandated, and at what point it wuz changed?

jkf! where fore art thou?!