Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Woof and Ackbar look awesome.....the Endor Rebel looks like he has a head meant for the Clone Wars line

The Jedi Luke looks terrible

G. Guard looks really off...
    Real men buy Willrow

Quote Originally Posted by AmanaMatt View Post
    The Jedi Luke looks terrible
    Oh you said it. I was mighty disappointed upon seeing it. I hoped that with all those advances in technology and all those promises Hasbro made in "improving" this new version of Luke.

Terrible... Just plain terrible. Sure it's not barrel-chested. But it sucked on pretty much everything.

What does Hasbro have against Luke anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by questorminator View Post
    Oh you said it. I was mighty disappointed upon seeing it. I hoped that with all those advances in technology and all those promises Hasbro made in "improving" this new version of Luke.

Terrible... Just plain terrible. Sure it's not barrel-chested. But it sucked on pretty much everything.

What does Hasbro have against Luke anyway?
    I figured they would at least use the same Bespin Luke head since it looks like the Rotj Mark Hamill anyway, but nope - back to generic looking Luke - the body is thin, but the sculpt is pretty weak. Only figure worse: Yoda....
    Real men buy Willrow

Quote Originally Posted by AmanaMatt View Post
    I figured they would at least use the same Bespin Luke head since it looks like the Rotj Mark Hamill anyway, but nope - back to generic looking Luke - the body is thin, but the sculpt is pretty weak. Only figure worse: Yoda....

Methinks I'm just gonna buy this Luke and Kit-bash it.

I'll use the head of Vintage Bespin Luke (assuming they will fit)

And the lower body of Evolutions Luke (colored black).

Say, are these figures just prototypes or this is it?

I'd also like to add my thanks to the SSG staff. While they may not be the first pictures up on the web they are hands down the sharpest, most complete collection of photos on the web. Great job guys! This is always one of my favorite weekends....

Also, after examining the fantastic SSG pics I think the 3PO is an SA sculpt giving us our first SA AOTC C-3PO! The set I was most likely to skip is now a solid YES.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Thanks for the pics! They are always nice
    Real men buy Willrow

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Woof looks beautiful, and so does the "Bail Organa in Endor Soldier Disguise."

That Sidious... holy crap, that figure looks awful. Mostly due to the poorly-matched soft goods.
    If you mean the black shawl over the red costume, that's the look they're going for. Check out the Sideshow diorama for comparison.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Quote Originally Posted by questorminator View Post
    Methinks I'm just gonna buy this Luke and Kit-bash it.

I'll use the head of Vintage Bespin Luke (assuming they will fit)

And the lower body of Evolutions Luke (colored black).

Say, are these figures just prototypes or this is it?
    They're hand-painted samples. The production versions always look different. I think Luke is quite an improvement over previous versions, so I'm glad to have it. It looks like he has the ball-jointed hip joints, which should be cool.

I kind of hope the Gamorrean Guard retains the glossy look. That sort of makes the face more realistic to me.

The carded Darth Sidious doesn't look like the loose one, but it is hard to tell from the picture. The one on RS is a bit more clear and I can see that it looks more like it. The one here is at an angle that makes it look all black and non-soft goods.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL
    And since they're doing Nicanas, I wish they had also done Sephjet Josall, the other guy who throws Anakin and Obi-Wan their sabers
    I agree. I would rather have seen that than the set with the Rodian, or even the R2/C-3PO set.

Lots of cool stuff. Getting kind of hard to keep up with it all.

Any idea when the convention exclusives will be available online?

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Woof looks beautiful, and so does the "Bail Organa in Endor Soldier Disguise."

That Sidious... holy crap, that figure looks awful. Mostly due to the poorly-matched soft goods.
    That's weird, Wooof is the big disappointment for me in the ROTJ wave. His helmet looks too big for his head and I'm not really a fan of that plain cloth soft goods skirt. If Hasbro was going to go that route, then I wish they would have just done a sculpted plastic skirt instead.

The Gamorrean Guard looks to be the best figure of the show, maybe even best figure of the year. Obviously he's missing his fur skirt, which I'm hoping is going to be a fur like cloth to offset his thin waist. Other than that, he looks absolutely perfect in every way. His head is finally properly massive.

Ignoring some of the weirdness from these being hand-painted prototypes, I'm also pretty impressed with Ackbar, Wicket and the Jedi Luke (who I'm sure has a soft-goods vest that was just forgotten).