Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Ackbar looks really, really good, I must say. Aside from the face, the Endor Rebel looks to have a really nice base body....they got the cute-ness of Wickett down this time, though his body looks really blocky to me.....where's the sculpted fur texturing?

Compare the Jedi Luke to the Bespin Luke...its like night and day to quality. I just dont get how anyone approves of that Jedi Luke, but I am happy if people like it

Woof looks awesome to me...no complaints

I sure hope the missing skirt is just throwing off the look of the Gammorean Guard...while the last one is pretty darn good, we've needed an update to this bad boy
    Real men buy Willrow

Quote Originally Posted by AmanaMatt View Post
    Ackbar looks really, really good, I must say. Aside from the face, the Endor Rebel looks to have a really nice base body....they got the cute-ness of Wickett down this time, though his body looks really blocky to me.....where's the sculpted fur texturing?

Compare the Jedi Luke to the Bespin Luke...its like night and day to quality. I just dont get how anyone approves of that Jedi Luke, but I am happy if people like it

Woof looks awesome to me...no complaints

I sure hope the missing skirt is just throwing off the look of the Gammorean Guard...while the last one is pretty darn good, we've needed an update to this bad boy
    I hated the 1997 POTF2 Gamorrean Guard from the very moment I first saw him. I bought one, just to give Hasbro the benefit of the doubt, but was never happy at all with that piece of garbage. So I've been waiting patiently for 13 years now for a new Gamorrean Guard and this one turned out better than I could have imagined.

If you look at the attached image, you can see that the proportions of this new figure are just about perfect.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gamorrean.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	28.2 KB 
ID:	23364  
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

It does look good...last night, just saw that small waist and was 'concerned' With the skirt, its going to look killer.

Makes me want an all new Weequay skiff master now
    Real men buy Willrow

Here's a direct side by side comparison and I think, if anything, the helmet is too large.

Again, the thinness of his waist makes me hopeful that we will see actual fur like cloth for his skirt, instead of a disappointing, drab piece of cloth like on that Wooof figure.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gamorreancompare.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	23365  
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

It's funny, when you look at the comparison side by side, it looks pretty spot on. But still, something just looks off. I think it's too skinny.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

skinny for now.....made to accommodate a fur skirt later when finished

[FONT=Courier New]Here's what jumps out at me right away:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]- The CW ARC trooper battle pack and CW Mandalorian Warrior battle pack. Two very nice army builder battle packs. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]- The close ups on the removeable blade Force FX lightsabers. These are great pictures showing the details including the BELT CLIPS! Nice touch by Hasbro to include the late 1990's/2000's Nokia style lightsaber clips.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]The lightsaber hall of fame display is cool as well as the Hoth diorama. That thing is insane. Too bad their playsets (that they don't make anymore) look like that.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

I actually think if you're comparing the figure and movie shot side-by-side, the arms on the figure now look too skinny. And the head's too big, still. It looks to be at least 50% larger proportionally than the movie costume.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I actually think if you're comparing the figure and movie shot side-by-side, the arms on the figure now look too skinny. And the head's too big, still. It looks to be at least 50% larger proportionally than the movie costume.
    It must just be perceptions, because I think the arms on the action figure actually look bigger than the production still (taking into account the elbow articulation, which is always loose fitting on these prototypes). And the head might be SLIGHTLY too large, but nowhere near 50% too large. Either way, after years of being annoyed at pinheaded action figures, I'm happy to see Hasbro error on the side of making a head too big rather than too tiny.

if anything is too small..it's his shoulder pads.....look at the comparison pics....shoulder pads look slightly smaller