Hybrid View

New Stuff at 2010 San Diego Comic-Con

Pictures are rolling in throughout the interwebs . . . I await SSG's contribution, which has traditionally been the best.

However, based on what I've seen so far, there's a ton of awesome stuff still on the way.

In The Vintage Collection, I see Wooof, Endor Rebel Commando, Jedi Master Yoda (slight redo), Wicket, Admiral Ackbar, ROTJ Luke, Sail Barge R2-D2, and Gamorrean Guard, along with some repacks, like Wedge. Luke looks to be 100% new and much, much better than the barrel-chested 2009 one. The Gamorrean's head looks out of proportion, but the belt is positioned too high here, which might be throwing it off. The new R2-D2 mold has a weird head, but it looks like it has several opening panels and pop-up stuff, which is awesome.

The ROTS figures look great on the cards, from what I can see.

Looks like the Geonosis two-packs will indeed be coming back. So far, I can see Shaak Ti with upgraded articulation, Obi-Wan with a better head, a Rodian Jedi (maybe an update to the 2003 three-pack one), and C-3PO with the battle droid head.

One Hoth battle pack has an AT-ST, two snowtroopers, a cannon, and a new pilot who looks a bit like Robert Watts (who had a cameo as a pilot in ROTJ); the other has a turret repack, new cannon, both 2009 troopers (including the one who got cancelled), and what looks like yet another K-3PO in the build-a-droid mold.

Jabba is $34.99, which is a pretty great price.

For Clone Wars, there's an ARC Trooper battle pack, confirming the rumors about their Season Three appearance. There's also a four-pack of Mandalorian warriors - awesome. Among the basic figures, I see Goji, the clone pilot from The Zillo Beast with the Gojira-inspired helmet - too damn cool!

For vehicles, there's an AT-RT repaint with a Geonosis Boil and a Freeco speeder with a plain Orto Plutonia clone; also an AT-AP repaint, Hyena bomber, and AAT repaint.

Looks like they're doing two packs with a DVD and four figures each. One has Shahan Alama, Robonino, and two Commando Droids from Hostage Crisis, and the other has Rex and some clones from The Hidden Enemy. There are also two packs, one of which has two Senate Commandos and another of which has Cad Bane and an IG-86, and then some other combinations.

I can't wait to see more of it!

So far from what I've seen the Gamorean Guard looks terrible. Hopefully JJL is right and a slight readjustment of the belt will correct the issues but he looks too thin and just all-together not quite right.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Ackbar looks sweet, but that Gamorrean--ICK!

I think they might've mis-spoken on Wicket; the second hood is definitely from the cartoon, not the Ewok movies.

Camie and Fixer... awesome. I want to become an action figure and have little action figure babies with Camie.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

That Gamorrean Guard is perfect! I thought he was going to be an improvement, but I never imagined that Hasbro would do such an amazing job on him!

He's obviously missing his fur "skirt" but I'm sure that will be included in the final version.

Hasbro finally made a Gamorrean Guard figure with the correct sized head, plus he comes with all three weapons. This guy looks to be the greatest Star Wars figure EVER!

I love the G. Guard. I don't know why some folks don't.

I'll buy all of the Jedi wave except the DSII Luke (I already got two last year). I might buy two of the Jabba.

I'd like to see the Ackbar looking straight ahead to get a better look at the face.

I hope at least one more wave is revealed in the slide show, though I really don't think there will be another figure that I really, really want until Bom Vimdin. Most of the ones I'd still like don't seem to be on Hasbro's radar, particularly since they are doing so many resculpts these days.

I assume they'll reveal the AOTC wave either in the SDCC slide show or at Celebration V. The only figure I particularly still want from AOTC is Cliegg and I don't think he's coming this year or next.

That said, I will be buying figures again once I start seeing the vintage figures in stores, which is good. It's been a pretty long dry spell.

As always, this site has the highest quality photos. Thanks for the hard work guys!

seems like a wedge snowspeeder pilot would have been more appropriate than a wedge vintage new hope....see all the pics on rebelscum.com

Indeed, this site has pulled through with the best, most-detailed photos around. Great work!

The Geonosis sets are . . . interesting. I can't say I blame them for focusing more on the main characers this time. Obi-Wan's new head looks to be an improvement, but Anakin's new head looks off. They're still using the Evolutions body, of which I'm not a huge fan (due to those cheap soft goods). On the card, they're calling the Rodian Jedi, er, "Rodian Jedi," which is strange. Interesting of them to pack Nicanas Tassu with Count Dooku, though Dooku's new head also looks goofy. And since they're doing Nicanas, I wish they had also done Sephjet Josall, the other guy who throws Anakin and Obi-Wan their sabers (speaking of which, I hope Anakin comes with a green one). I like the new droids - I can't tell which mold R2 or 3PO are, but they look awesome. And hopefully the battle droid comes with eyes this time.

I can do without those Legacy of the Dark Side packs, which are all recards. I imagine some people will be happy to see Pre-Cyborg Grievous again.

As for the vintage-packaged vehicles, they both look quite cool. The TIE Fighter is a bit plain, but given that it's a bit different from previous versions (using the awesome center pod from last year), I'll get it, but pass on the snowspeeder (which I got in the normal packaging already).

Since Grievous, Anakin, and Obi-Wan look so awesome on their vintage cards, I'm considering getting those guys to keep carded. I'm not sure when I'd draw the line, though, so I'll see if I'll even begin.

Looks like the new AOTC Yoda has ball-joint knees - awesome!

Chux, they definitely said the Wicket hood would be from the animation. It looks cool to me.

bksuna, it seems like they used a glossy paint for these hand-painted prototypes. I imagine the final versions will look more "normal."