Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

TRU finds today.....

SIX cases of vintage figures and 6 snowspeeders.....GH AT-AT, all new GH figs....Boba fett blaster.....all new clone wars figures, at ALL 3 OKC TRUs...

I'm envious. Today I scored the vintage Luke and Leia. A scalper beat me to the store and was gonna buy the whole case but they refused to give him the 2 for $9.99 deal like the other TRUs so he was forced to put some back. Glad I didn't leave empty handed but Jerks buying up whole cases at clearance cost really chaps my hide.
    [FONT='Times New Roman'][/FONT]

I open most of my figures so I buy the cards that are all bent and creased so mint collectors get a chance to get theirs....

That's pretty considerate of you. I mostly open but certain figures I shop for mint as my "definitive" versions of characters. The paint applications of the actual figures matter more to me than the condition of the card.
    [FONT='Times New Roman'][/FONT]

good point....on the ones I like to keep on card, I make sure the paint app is good and that the Head is pointed the right direction...i know kinda anal

If I see a card that's not too crinkled (smashed bubbles that haven't damaged the figure don't matter to me) or corner-bumped, I often leave the "mint" ones, too. I've gotten bold enough that I'll comment to the speculators, but I haven't seen any in person in a long time.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

picked up Vintage Hoth Leia today at TRU in woodbridge...missed getting Luke by mere minutes...oh well... August will be here soon enough.

finally saw Han for the first time and I think I can easliy pass on getting him... the sculpt is meh and the accessories really don't warrant the $9.99 price tag.... maybe if he goes on clearence or something I'll pick him up and make a custom Hoth Rebel Solider or something.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Found one At-At in TRU, along with a single case of the vintage figs (no Dack). Already have the figs, and in my brief "excitement," I bought the AT-AT, even though I swore I wouldn't. Got home, and checked out the youtube review, and I'm returning it later tonight. I simply don't have the room for this, and the lack of movie quotes/effects, as well as the fact that this is clearly meant to be played with, make it worthless to me. At least the BMF Falcon displays better, and had all movie sounds/effects. My smaller AT-AT with the light-up Vader and actual General Veers quotes is good enough for me.
    "I take orders from just one person - ME!"

Quote Originally Posted by tagmac View Post
    Found one At-At in TRU, along with a single case of the vintage figs (no Dack). Already have the figs, and in my brief "excitement," I bought the AT-AT, even though I swore I wouldn't. Got home, and checked out the youtube review, and I'm returning it later tonight. I simply don't have the room for this, and the lack of movie quotes/effects, as well as the fact that this is clearly meant to be played with, make it worthless to me. At least the BMF Falcon displays better, and had all movie sounds/effects. My smaller AT-AT with the light-up Vader and actual General Veers quotes is good enough for me.
    Which review were you looking at? This page has a rundown of all the quotes, which include ones from the film (from Vader and Veers) as well as elsewhere. And why is it wrong for a toy to be a toy? It looks like this one "displays" as well as the Falcon. I can understand the space issue, but I actually can't understand your other issues.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I don't think I will be paying 9.99 on a figure until basic figs hit that. hmmm $2.00 to go. I saw all the vintage figs, put them all in the cart and just couldnt do it. I thought to keep the Dack but I rationalized that Dack should not be on a vintage card because he is not a vintage figure. Kind of feel held hostage on him for 9.99 because he should be basic release and not vintage. Got all the new vehicles though. I will let me kid open the AT-AT after he finished his Herculean summer homework tasks.