Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Lightbulb eFX Darth Vader ANH helmet

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/g60...lectibles.html

eFX: This is one of the most exciting products that we have ever announced! The long anticipated original Darth Vader Helmet from Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope . What makes this product so exciting (other than the fact that it is DARTH VADER !) is the history, the mystery and the lore behind the original prop. With the help of the Lucasfilm archives, we discovered a truly lost treasure! We actually found, what we believe, are the original molds made by Rick Baker of one of the original Darth Vader helmets from the long lost original molds in 1977! Incredibly, Lucasfilm allowed us to make a casting from these molds for our master pattern. Be sure to check out our "In Development" section to read more behind the development and lineage of this replica, coming soon!

http://www.therpf.com/f9/efx-anh-vad...ml#post1285106

eFX intends on producing two versions of this helmet. One with an idealized paint job (i.e. painted with a spray gun) and a limited edition version with a super screen accurate hand brush painted paint job.

BTW some great Vader helmet pics at RPF by Art Andrews:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/artandr...7624434226697/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	efx_vader_compare.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	76.3 KB 
ID:	23375   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SDC_1480_resize.JPG 
Views:	282 
Size:	86.5 KB 
ID:	23376  
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

Great post, Serg...couldn't agree more on the iconic nature of the 1st Vader helmet!
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

Well said Serg! This is my favorite representation of Vader and so far eFX has executed an excellent prototype. This is a guaranteed buy from me.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Thumbs up

This is one helmet I want in my collection as well.
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

Seeing it in person in their booth at SDCC, it really looks nice, stands out as something different from the existing Vader helmets on the market. They had 2, I think 1 was the paint variant but I didn't get a lot of time to check it out and it didn't stand out as being "very different", the difference is more subtle than I expected.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

There are 2 versions indeed, a pristine clean version (sprayed) and a more movie accurate one (hand painted).
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

Yeah, Bryan Ono from eFX said that they matched the brush strokes of the original, which I think is well above and beyond, it'll make it so special. In person, it was so much more subtle than I expected, not at all over-the-top. I've left out helmets that have collected dust for a few minutes, and that subtle difference was all I saw in the 2 they had at Comic-Con. I wish I had made more time to talk to Bryan this year, I was so busy with Hasbro and with my own stuff that I only got to shake his hand while he was occupied with someone else (I walked by, he remembered me and stopped to shake my hand, that's a really nice guy).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'm off to Florida tomorrow morning. Can't wait to see this in person at C5.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Message from Bryan @ eFX on Rebelscum:

eFXBryan wrote:
    We are working on the final master pattern and paint master. We are anticipating putting this helmet up for pre-order in December. Please watch our website for the latest updates. . .

Thanks!
    Bryan
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback